PDA

View Full Version : Brought home a Bloody Knife

Dr.Buick
07-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Well Murray and I went to the Car Craft summer nationals. We were in the RSE
Long and short we brought a knife to a gun fight. We took a 3700 lb Grand National with 23 year old tech, 8 year old tires Nitto 555's, car quest brake pads, auto zone cheep shocks. and a 231 v6 (never tuned yet)

to compete with Cobras and 4th gen fbodys with nt 05's not all but most

so we did not expect anything but to have fun. well found out we may have won! we left early. But I know I placed, but text said I won?

made 548 HP on the dyno ( with wrong corrections)

did the launch box in 4.5 sec the fastest tome in the class ( fastest one of mine he did not get clock set)

and did the SCCA autocross in 48.4 (have never autocrossed before) not far off at all

so thanks to murray for helping, Mark G andy and the dyno guys alwas a good time

and Michelle and Adam for the use of the trailer

Last and not lease my wife Julie for letting me beat the shit out of her car all weekend :rolf
http://vimeo.com/26811609

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Great work Jim. Glad you had fun

GTSLOW
07-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Where's the pics?

HellFyr
07-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Hi Jim. Final results were Black Cobra 1st, my orange cobra 2nd, and you were in 3rd.
I won the autocross with 47.4. The black cobra won the dyno at 612, and the black cobra won the launch box on his last run of the day with a 4.42 (I had a 4.48 and finished 2nd there). I was WAY down on the dyno (some 60 horse) due to the MAF popping off the intake and the engine drawing in fully unmetered air... leaned out... pulled timing... well, you get the picture.

Had a blast and enjoyed seeing your car out there!

Was actually hoping you were going to bring the 1400hp beast...wanted to see that try and go through the auto-x. :)

Rod

WhatsADSM
07-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Yea we knew going in that the car wasn't really going to be very competitive... automotive technology has just progressed so far in 20 some years, its hard to compete with an old G-body.

Jim just showed up made 2 dyno pulls in hot/humid weather (after a thunderstorm went through, lol). Went through the auto-x maybe 4 times, and did the launch box maybe 4 times total, including a PERFECT one that unfortunately did not get recorded.

In any case it is amazing that it was competitive at all. 6-cyl, automatic, a what 30 some year old chassis/suspension?, some 6ish? year old nitto 555s, all on $10 autozone shocks. To even be in the same region as a 2003 whipple charged v8 cobra, big tires, coilover, iced down air-water IC, etc. was amazing.

Probably the funniest thing I noted was that Jim pushed his g-body through the auto-x coarse about a half second faster than a RX-8 and a E36 M3. :rolf:rolf:rolf A tight auto-x coarse none-the-less.

Also really funny to see the guy in the black cobra and his buddies get really bothered and worried about his dyno run. They were bringing in BAGs of ice for him and talking about pushing the car up on the dyno. :goof All becuase of Jim's wife's v6 car that was road tuned the night before and run hot on a day where you could almost drink the air.

05caddyext
07-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Sounds badass. You had a shot because you drive that car like it was meant to be driven. Sounds like you didn't pussy foot around and drove with complete confidence, which goes a long way when doing something for the very first time. The funniest part is now that guy with the rx-8 will drop a ton more money in the car because you beat him with a g-body, and it still won't make a difference. If you drove his car, you'd go faster than he would because you are a better driver.

Dr.Buick
07-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi Jim. Final results were Black Cobra 1st, my orange cobra 2nd, and you were in 3rd.
I won the autocross with 47.4. The black cobra won the dyno at 612, and the black cobra won the launch box on his last run of the day with a 4.42 (I had a 4.48 and finished 2nd there). I was WAY down on the dyno (some 60 horse) due to the MAF popping off the intake and the engine drawing in fully unmetered air... leaned out... pulled timing... well, you get the picture.

Had a blast and enjoyed seeing your car out there!

Was actually hoping you were going to bring the 1400hp beast...wanted to see that try and go through the auto-x. :)

Rod
Was not bringing that car. I was going to bring my 1000 rwhp car. I may just buy a cobra. That way I fit in and have a chance.

Let me get this right. You guys have done this for years? Had nitto nt05's. Made a ton of laps on the auto cross. Ton of laps in the launch box. To beat a gbody LOL. Mr ford must be turning over in his grave. I should not even have finshed third.

WhatsADSM
07-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Sounds badass. You had a shot because you drive that car like it was meant to be driven. Sounds like you didn't pussy foot around and drove with complete confidence, which goes a long way when doing something for the very first time. The funniest part is now that guy with the rx-8 will drop a ton more money in the car because you beat him with a g-body, and it still won't make a difference. If you drove his car, you'd go faster than he would because you are a better driver.

Yea to be fair that is what was going on at the auto-x. Jim was a better driver than probably everyone in RSE (certainly those in his class). And yes that is why the car was competitive at all and why it was going around faster than stuff it had no business beating. Even though he had never auto-x'd before he does have some racing experience and it paid off.

Was not bringing that car. I was going to bring my 1000 rwhp car. I may just buy a cobra. That way I fit in and have a chance.

LOL at the Cobra comment. You would sooner drive a Honda Civic than a Ford Mustang. :rolf

Yea I'm pretty sure the GNX with some some Hankook EVOs on the rear (to complement the front) would have taken it.

michelle
07-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Nice job Jim! Impressive!

Good to see those check writing skills are paying off! :durr

HellFyr
07-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Shoulda woulda coulda... still a fun time. Hope to see you again next year. L8r

Dr.Buick
07-25-2011, 12:53 PM
You guys did a great job.

WhatsADSM
07-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Shoulda woulda coulda... still a fun time. Hope to see you again next year. L8r

Word... Gotta run what you brung

Also someone should bring something cool like a solstice or something. Was also thinking a fiero with a nice engine swap would be cool to see and do well.

Dr.Buick
07-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Word... Gotta run what you brung

Also someone should bring something cool like a solstice or something. Was also thinking a fiero with a nice engine swap would be cool to see and do well.

Hummm lsx?

nismodave
07-25-2011, 01:28 PM

Let me get this right. You guys have done this for years? Had nitto nt05's. Made a ton of laps on the auto cross. Ton of laps in the launch box. To beat a gbody LOL. Mr ford must be turning over in his grave. I should not even have finshed third.

You sure have a way with words sometimes, Jim.

WhatsADSM
07-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Hummm lsx?

Fiero with a ls based powerplant would be devastatingly fast. Pretty sure nothing would touch it on the autox or launch box. Probably wouldn't win the dyno comp, but that's only becuase it is measured on absolute HP not HP/weight

BAD LS1
07-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Fiero with a ls based powerplant would be devastatingly fast. Pretty sure nothing would touch it on the autox or launch box. Probably wouldn't win the dyno comp, but that's only becuase it is measured on absolute HP not HP/weight

There are several swaps out there with takeout 06-07 Monte SS 5.3L V8/4T65E swaps in those cars right now!

austena123
07-25-2011, 02:59 PM
A fiero with a LS would be sick. I read an article a while back on a 350 swap and the guy was running his stock transaxle (albeit rebuilt/cryo'd etc). I love reading magazine articles about real cars in real competitions, not just dyno queens. Great Job!

HellFyr
07-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Here ya go... had a buddy shooting pix at the autox all day, he caught one of you.
If you want something higher quality, let me know, I can probably get it from him for you (Jason Stevensen Photography).

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n24/rocfoc/Saturday_0217_GN.jpg

Rod

DR.FORD
07-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Congrats Jim and Murray!

Holeshot
07-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Wow thats great Jim !

DNeinstadt
07-25-2011, 04:05 PM
sssss

DNeinstadt
07-25-2011, 04:06 PM
For those not in the know, I'm the guy with the black Cobra that eventually won this year's RSE for the "late model" class. I used to be on Brew City WAYYY back when it was BCSM.net or whatever but haven't signed on the new forum until today when someone sent me the link to see this thread and I thought I would respectfully reply. There are always two sides to every story, and I felt this one needed to be told from the "other" side.

Dr. Buick - I talked to you yesterday before you left the show and the reason I was so worried about the dyno is because last year my car slipped pretty badly, causing me to lose the RSE dyno challenge by one single RWHP, so this year my friends (I run two local car clubs in town and have a LOT of "friends") that all enjoy getting together and making fun of me losing by 1hp last year and they were convinced I was going to lose to YOU with a run of 547rwhp this year due to slip again so they were all there to make me even more nervous & crazy. I was going to push it over so the dyno guys wouldn't let it idle while they put down VHT on the tires & readjusted the straps on the dyno and make 3-4 pulls like they did last year before it slipped and only made 558rwhp on drag radials, much less the street tires I was running this year. So yes, I heard you put down 548 at the tires and thought I should try to do everything within the rules to give myself an advantage on the dyno after hearing that you put down that much power (which I said repeatedly was REALLY IMPRESSIVE out of your V6 + power adder car), that included waiting to dyno on the coolest day of the weekend and stuffing my IC with ice as it is intended for. I'm not sure that constituted anything sneaky. As it turns out, Andy from Dynotune did a great job prepping the dyno & my car, and it actually did plant pretty well on the dyno (although it did pop & loosen a ratchet strap during the pull and scared the crap out of me!) and made much more power than I was expecting anyways, so I was very happy with my results regardless of the RSE event. Now my friends are making fun of my "O" face as a reaction to the # that it did put down as I had no idea what to expect since I hadn't gotten a good reading the year before due to the slipping. So I guess I still won't escape my "friends" making fun of me and having fun at my expense this year either. We are all ultimately there to have fun. :)

I think I met you for the first time while you were looking at my car while I was prepping at the dyno. I told you that I was very impressed with your quick times on Saturday and that you had a really sweet car and I had hoped you were going to compete in the autocross more to get a better time. I think my exact words were "I heard you were leaving but I was really hoping you were going to give me a run at the Autocross today." You walked away somehow thinking I meant to insult you with those words and after you returned to my car, I repeatedly told you that I was sorry it sounded that way and that I thought your car was awesome and how we were looking forward to the healthy competition. My 47.xxx auto-x time was done on Friday, so you had plenty of time to get some runs in on Saturday and/or Sunday, as the RSE had special times set aside on all 3 days where we could have hot lapped if we wanted to without the general population running events in between us. I ran maybe 10 times on the autocross all weekend as I had my best run on my 2nd time around the course (The first time I got lost and couldn't find my way out!!). Rod (HELLFYR - orange Cobra) ran a few more times on the Auto-x than I did as I spent my time in my "worst" event where I thought it would count for me, in the launch box. That's where I had the most trouble launching with the street tires and wasn't even in the top 3 at all after you knocked us all down after your awesome run on Saturday. I told you that I was impressed with your performance there as well when we spoke yesterday.

I'm not sure who texted you but you weren't winning RSE at all as far as I knew since my RSE Auto-X time from FRIDAY never got beat until yesterday (and barely at that ROD!), and my dyno # knocked you down to 2nd place, so if anything, as soon as my dyno results got posted/yelled out, you should have known you weren't winning the RSE anymore. The RSE was a total of 3 events with me leading 2 of them as of 9AM Sunday morning = you not in 1st place, so not sure how you were confused there when you left. Obviously at that point I hadn't "lost" the Auto-X yet either...

As I'm sure you know, launching 600+ rwhp on street tires (BTW this was my FIRST TIME EVER running on street tires on this car - I was running stock front tires, Nitto 555's in the rear, NOT NT05's) and stopping with my stock calipers is a pretty difficult task, much less the fact that Rod and I were doing it with a 3 pedal feathered launch to your two-pedal automatic. I would say you are a hell of a driver, and you know your car (rather your wife's car) really well to do well with very the few runs you did at the events, and I did say that yesterday to you and your friend both, I'm sorry you took offense to it and I really did wish you would have stuck around.

As for your comments that you were a better driver in the RSE competition, I respectfully beg to differ. I saw cars with WELL less than HALF the HP of our two cars run a 41 second time (bone stock 4th gen Camaro driven by Jeff Smith), a few 42's, etc (one automatic Mustang in my club that has 250rwhp ran a 46.x), so it has nothing to do with who has more HP. It has more to do with the driver & their skill. If anything, Rod and I had a disadvantage as every time we tried to feather the throttle, all the torque from our superchargers tended to melt the tires. Regardless, I really did mean it when I said I was looking forward to seeing you and your car run more, I'm sorry you took offense to it. You do have a beautiful and impressive car, no matter how old/new the technology is/was, RSE is exactly what Rod said, "run what you brung and hope you brung enough".

Sincerely,
Dan Neinstadt

Dr.Buick
07-25-2011, 04:29 PM
if you read first post

let me copy and paste for you

so we DID NOT expect anything but to have fun. well found out we MAY have won! we left early. But I know I placed, but text said I won?
So you could have got DQ?????????????? IDK I left!!!!

I took my wifes car at the LAST MIN. Like I said before you guys did a Very nice job. You won enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DNeinstadt
07-25-2011, 04:35 PM
I just thought it was important to point out that there was another side to it.

Dr.Buick
07-25-2011, 04:44 PM
I just thought it was important to point out that there was another side to it.

Why is that, did I say I won lets see NO, Was I the only one with a gbody YES. Did I do better than I should YES. Put me in a cobra I bet im in the low 47 high 46.

Next year I bet I'm in the 44-45 range and will make 1000 plus HP

PS were did I say a UNTRUE PART

I NEVER said i was a better Driver NEVER

Can you say caddy CTS-V

Wagonbacker9
07-25-2011, 04:46 PM
his epeen > your epeen.

WhatsADSM
07-25-2011, 05:34 PM

As for your comments that you were a better driver in the RSE competition, I respectfully beg to differ. I saw cars with WELL less than HALF the HP of our two cars run a 41 second time (bone stock 4th gen Camaro driven by Jeff Smith), a few 42's, etc (one automatic Mustang in my club that has 250rwhp ran a 46.x), so it has nothing to do with who has more HP. It has more to do with the driver & their skill. If anything, Rod and I had a disadvantage as every time we tried to feather the throttle, all the torque from our superchargers tended to melt the tires. Regardless, I really did mean it when I said I was looking forward to seeing you and your car run more, I'm sorry you took offense to it. You do have a beautiful and impressive car, no matter how old/new the technology is/was, RSE is exactly what Rod said, "run what you brung and hope you brung enough".

Sincerely,
Dan Neinstadt

First lets talk about the cars:

I'm certainly not THE guy when it comes to making a car turn however that IS what I focus my time on these days and I am confident in saying a v8 supercharged manual transmission car is WAY easier to pilot around than a large turbo old pushrod v6 through an automatic. No question about it. Hell an automatic 250whp N/A foxbody is also a bizzilion times better on an auto x than a v6 gbody with a big turbo.

I've had a large turbo v6 car before, I turn with my car and speak from experience. The following occurs with a large turbo v6 car:

A) Turbo lag. While in turbo lag you have low compression, low cubic inch power pushing around a boat. Most of an auto-x this is what is happening with a v6 GN.
B) Flash spool. Then the turbo comes in suddenly you go from about 200rwtq to 500+rwtq. And it incinerates the tires. This is what happens on the small "straights"
C) Lack of linear response. The turbo comes in on its own and the petal is far less of a torque input and makes balancing the car extremely difficult. This is what happens between the 2 states listed above

I now have a N/A setup and it is SOOOOO much nicer to turn with, its not even a competition. Ever wonder why a BMW M car is naturally aspirated when they have turbo mills?

Now lets talk about the drivers:

I want to see a totally bone stock 4th gen run a 41 on that coarse... Love to see a shot of that chassis, suspension and tires.

In any case he took a car with an unbelievably worse powerband and response, more weight, far less aftermarket suspension, less tire section width, worse inherent suspension setup (when it comes to turning), longer wheelbase, and worse chassis dynamics took it around a tight auto-x coarse that he ran a total of 4 times (one of which was his first time EVER and didn't even understand the concept of a knocked down cone) and cut a time that was within 1 second of your auto-x time.

I was the one that said the first time that he was a better driver.... and I will say it again. He is a better driver, no question about it. In fact the gap shouldn't have been anywhere NEAR that close. I will let others look at the facts for themselves and determine who is the better driver, but from where I am it should have been a slaughtering. Like a computer versus a mentally challenged kid in chess, like my grandmother versus an MMA fighter in a fight... catch my drift.

There is NO DOUBT the "better car" won. On paper it should have, and in reality it did. It was just a helluva lot closer than it should have been and I think that was the point of Jim's thread here. In the end his car placed 3rd and we had a blast none-the-less :headbang

I'm sure he will bring something different next year assuming he gets asked back.

*EDIT* Okay I lied my old car was an i6 not a v6. For what I am talking about here it makes no difference, you get my point

nismodave
07-25-2011, 05:41 PM
This is why I would never compete in one of these deals, even if I had a worthy car or invited.

Too much fucking EGO around.

Pretty much getting that way with Drag Racing too.

Wagonbacker9
07-25-2011, 05:46 PM
This is why I would never compete in one of these deals, even if I had a worthy car or invited.

Yeah, you just have to be the one that doesn't give a shit, then you're fine.

Prince Valiant
07-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Do they still do the street car thing at the slinger superspeedway?

I'd pay to see that!

Wagonbacker9
07-25-2011, 06:07 PM

I'd pay to see that!

According to my sister's boyfriend (runs a tube-chassis car there), yes.

Dr.Buick
07-25-2011, 06:09 PM

I'd pay to see that!

Raced a late model there for years, I think i may be ok wifes car turned a 13.1

Josepy
07-25-2011, 06:10 PM

I'd pay to see that!

If you mean the spectator races yea they do.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

05caddyext
07-25-2011, 07:18 PM
As for your comments that you were a better driver in the RSE competition, I respectfully beg to differ.

Then

It has more to do with the driver & their skill.

Was this not the point trying to be made? You just contradicted yourself in the same paragraph. And then...

If anything, Rod and I had a disadvantage as every time we tried to feather the throttle, all the torque from our superchargers tended to melt the tires.

You built the car did you not? You could have gone N/A, turbo, super, NOS, so you just created the disadvantage for yourself. Stop whining.

And Dr. Buick, that car looks BAD. As in Bada$$, one of the nicest G-Body's I have ever seen. I love that color scheme. Never seen one like that, only seen the silver and black, never your combo. I'd give my left arm for that car.

Reverend Cooper
07-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Why is that, did I say I won lets see NO, Was I the only one with a gbody YES. Did I do better than I should YES. Put me in a cobra I bet im in the low 47 high 46.

Next year I bet I'm in the 44-45 range and will make 1000 plus HP

PS were did I say a UNTRUE PART
I NEVER said i was a better Driver NEVER

Can you say caddy CTS-V

maybe we can take my slow ass solid axle car next year

DNeinstadt
07-25-2011, 09:01 PM
I was mistaken on the 41 second time by the bone stock Camaro. My wife said tonight it was a 47, not a 41 and that I misread the timing clock, so I apologize there.

I didn't intend to rile the troops up, but if this is your first time to CC RSE, that's why you're so amazed the cars are this close. They always are. Last year the Corvette's were battling out the autocross and each had like 30 runs, and I came in 3rd. So yes, the cars are super close in competition.

Anyways, I was sincere when I said you had a super nice car and that you did a great job driving it, and I wished you would have run more.

I don't intend to try to argue my points any further, just wanted everyone to know the evil Mustang owners just wanted to see a really nice car do some really nice work in the events, no matter what the powertrain or suspension setups.

Dan

HellFyr
07-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Egads what did I start ? Just stopped in to drop off a picture. Everyone did a damn fine job controlling what they brought. Not gonna argue who is better than another at driving their car. No one piled it into a wall, no one blew it up. All in all a good weekend at a fun as hell event. As I said before... Hope to see y'all again next year.

I'm out. Rod

GHOSST
07-26-2011, 09:18 AM
For some reason I just knew this thread would turn into a debate, I waited patiently! Satisfied. :) Good fun.

Ricky Bobby
07-26-2011, 11:56 AM
are u really surprised it turned this way

DynoTom
07-26-2011, 01:19 PM

Right on NismoDave !

GTSLOW
07-26-2011, 02:21 PM
For those not in the know, I'm the guy with the black Cobra that eventually won this year's RSE for the "late model" class. I used to be on Brew City WAYYY back when it was BCSM.net or whatever but haven't signed on the new forum until today when someone sent me the link to see this thread and I thought I would respectfully reply. There are always two sides to every story, and I felt this one needed to be told from the "other" side.

Dr. Buick - I talked to you yesterday before you left the show and the reason I was so worried about the dyno is because last year my car slipped pretty badly, causing me to lose the RSE dyno challenge by one single RWHP, so this year my friends (I run two local car clubs in town and have a LOT of "friends") that all enjoy getting together and making fun of me losing by 1hp last year and they were convinced I was going to lose to YOU with a run of 547rwhp this year due to slip again so they were all there to make me even more nervous & crazy. I was going to push it over so the dyno guys wouldn't let it idle while they put down VHT on the tires & readjusted the straps on the dyno and make 3-4 pulls like they did last year before it slipped and only made 558rwhp on drag radials, much less the street tires I was running this year. So yes, I heard you put down 548 at the tires and thought I should try to do everything within the rules to give myself an advantage on the dyno after hearing that you put down that much power (which I said repeatedly was REALLY IMPRESSIVE out of your V6 + power adder car), that included waiting to dyno on the coolest day of the weekend and stuffing my IC with ice as it is intended for. I'm not sure that constituted anything sneaky. As it turns out, Andy from Dynotune did a great job prepping the dyno & my car, and it actually did plant pretty well on the dyno (although it did pop & loosen a ratchet strap during the pull and scared the crap out of me!) and made much more power than I was expecting anyways, so I was very happy with my results regardless of the RSE event. Now my friends are making fun of my "O" face as a reaction to the # that it did put down as I had no idea what to expect since I hadn't gotten a good reading the year before due to the slipping. So I guess I still won't escape my "friends" making fun of me and having fun at my expense this year either. We are all ultimately there to have fun. :)

I think I met you for the first time while you were looking at my car while I was prepping at the dyno. I told you that I was very impressed with your quick times on Saturday and that you had a really sweet car and I had hoped you were going to compete in the autocross more to get a better time. I think my exact words were "I heard you were leaving but I was really hoping you were going to give me a run at the Autocross today." You walked away somehow thinking I meant to insult you with those words and after you returned to my car, I repeatedly told you that I was sorry it sounded that way and that I thought your car was awesome and how we were looking forward to the healthy competition. My 47.xxx auto-x time was done on Friday, so you had plenty of time to get some runs in on Saturday and/or Sunday, as the RSE had special times set aside on all 3 days where we could have hot lapped if we wanted to without the general population running events in between us. I ran maybe 10 times on the autocross all weekend as I had my best run on my 2nd time around the course (The first time I got lost and couldn't find my way out!!). Rod (HELLFYR - orange Cobra) ran a few more times on the Auto-x than I did as I spent my time in my "worst" event where I thought it would count for me, in the launch box. That's where I had the most trouble launching with the street tires and wasn't even in the top 3 at all after you knocked us all down after your awesome run on Saturday. I told you that I was impressed with your performance there as well when we spoke yesterday.

I'm not sure who texted you but you weren't winning RSE at all as far as I knew since my RSE Auto-X time from FRIDAY never got beat until yesterday (and barely at that ROD!), and my dyno # knocked you down to 2nd place, so if anything, as soon as my dyno results got posted/yelled out, you should have known you weren't winning the RSE anymore. The RSE was a total of 3 events with me leading 2 of them as of 9AM Sunday morning = you not in 1st place, so not sure how you were confused there when you left. Obviously at that point I hadn't "lost" the Auto-X yet either...

As I'm sure you know, launching 600+ rwhp on street tires (BTW this was my FIRST TIME EVER running on street tires on this car - I was running stock front tires, Nitto 555's in the rear, NOT NT05's) and stopping with my stock calipers is a pretty difficult task, much less the fact that Rod and I were doing it with a 3 pedal feathered launch to your two-pedal automatic. I would say you are a hell of a driver, and you know your car (rather your wife's car) really well to do well with very the few runs you did at the events, and I did say that yesterday to you and your friend both, I'm sorry you took offense to it and I really did wish you would have stuck around.

Sincerely,
Dan Neinstadt

Holy giant post :wooo

And yes I just had to quote it again :goof

GHOSST
07-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Well, when someone needs to join the voice thier opinion, its going to thorough dammit! :P

BOSS LX
07-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Ego in drag racing? Never! lol

Gotta watch out for those pullied cobra's Jim! jk

Korndogg
07-26-2011, 04:19 PM
I used to be on Brew City WAYYY back when it was BCSM.net

That was Brew City Street Machines.....different site.

HY35F2T
07-27-2011, 03:07 PM
I wonder how many members bcm has gotten from people that join to tell "there side of the story". :) either way i dont care and work is taking forever to be over with.

srt4eh
07-27-2011, 05:30 PM
lol....I can't believe I read all of this. So....no 10 second srt-4s showed up? That would have been interesting - lol

badass88gt
07-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Sounds like a good time, would be fun to try it.

I don't know any of the participants, however Dr. Buick you really sounded like an arrogant cock in your second post. I can see why Dan would "defend" himself. WhatsADSM you should try to stop swinging off Dr. Buick so hard, its kinda sad....

Dr.Buick
07-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Sounds like a good time, would be fun to try it.

I don't know any of the participants, however Dr. Buick you really sounded like an arrogant cock in your second post. I can see why Dan would "defend" himself. WhatsADSM you should try to stop swinging off Dr. Buick so hard, its kinda sad....
Kind of funny he was a Dick to me up at the dyno. So I can't be a Dick back? I get told I should learn how to make power? And I should have gave him a better run on the road corse.

And whatsadsm car would whoop all of ours. You must own a mustang?

badass88gt
07-27-2011, 07:37 PM
And whatsadsm car would whoop all of ours.

And?

Nix
07-27-2011, 08:15 PM
What Am I missing with all the stupid shit about owning a Mustang that I keep seeing as of late? Or maybe it's a inside joke?

Meh...

Dr.Buick
07-27-2011, 08:22 PM
What Am I missing with all the stupid shit about owning a Mustang that I keep seeing as of late? Or maybe it's a inside joke?

Meh...

Idk. I own one too

Reverend Cooper
07-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Jealousy is a stinky cologne,Jim wears it well. lol

-stew-
07-27-2011, 08:26 PM
http://www.oz8.org/gallery/albums/album19/i_like_where_this_thread_is_going_again.jpg

DNeinstadt
07-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Kind of funny he was a Dick to me up at the dyno. So I can't be a Dick back? I get told I should learn how to make power? And I should have gave him a better run on the road corse.

And whatsadsm car would whoop all of ours. You must own a mustang?

I never said any of that Jim. Never. I said I was impressed by your car and it's ability to make power and you went away mad when I said I was hoping you'd give me a run on the autocross. I never said "You should learn to make power." You came back after you walked away and told me that if I didn't beat "your little V6", I should feel stupid. I was never a dick to you, you took it the wrong way when I said I was hoping you'd run on the autocross more, I was DEAD SERIOUS about being impressed by your car. I never said anything intending to be a dick. I'm sorry you felt that way.

Dan

WhatsADSM
07-28-2011, 12:12 AM
lol....I can't believe I read all of this. So....no 10 second srt-4s showed up? That would have been interesting - lol

This is a CarCraft event, so with their reader-base in mind the regulations for his class are:
82 & Newer
American Made
RWD

So the SRT-4 is disqualified due to RWD (unless of course you did some crazy work). I agree it's kind of a shame because it would have been a strong contender (if not an overdog) in the auto-x. Although it would be difficult to compete in the launch box and dyno.

... WhatsADSM you should try to stop swinging off Dr. Buick so hard, its kinda sad....

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Jim is my friend. Not sure how you are with your friends but if someone is giving them shit I am going to back them up.
Beyond that I have turned a wrench on every one of his GNs/GNXs. As I write this, less than 5 feet away, are electronics I made that are destined for the GN in question. I was the one that road tuned it the night before it went for the competition, and it was myself in the car (not even Jim) who was watching over the F.A.S.T. as it was on the dyno. I have every right to post up on the subject as opposed to yourself who is simply reading the thread and staring at a picture of a black and blue GN through a computer screen.

Nutswinging... please I am just telling it how it is. I NEVER once said the best car didn't win, including this very thread. Feel free to ask Jim. When I first heard of this competition Jim told me the rules and then said something to the effect of "I am going to run in the 82 & Newer class without Vettes/Vipers"... the very first thing out of my mouth: "A Cobra is going to take it". Just as I gave props to the Mustang chassis for this competition, I also gave Jim props for his driving. He was a fantastic driver in the event, the fact that it was my friend was icing on the cake. Let's not forget Jim *should* be a better driver as he has experience racing (and winning) race prepped circle track cars. That's not nutswinging - that's just telling it how it is.

Dr.Buick
07-28-2011, 07:27 AM
I never said any of that Jim. Never. I said I was impressed by your car and it's ability to make power and you went away mad when I said I was hoping you'd give me a run on the autocross. I never said "You should learn to make power." You came back after you walked away and told me that if I didn't beat "your little V6", I should feel stupid. I was never a dick to you, you took it the wrong way when I said I was hoping you'd run on the autocross more, I was DEAD SERIOUS about being impressed by your car. I never said anything intending to be a dick. I'm sorry you felt that way.

Dan

YOU said and I quote. your not going back to the auto cross? I was hoping you would give me a better run! (thats why I got mad) Than after you won the dyno ONE of your Guys said he should learn how to make power!!!!! it is what it is.Like I said be for nice job, congrats!!!!!!!!!

As for your guy on the HP he is right. I do need to learn how

DNeinstadt
07-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Jim, I don't know who said you needed to learn how to make more power, but it certainly wasn't me. I think 548rwhp is pretty damn impressive out of ANY motor, much less a V6+power adder, so I would have NEVER said that to you. I'm sorry if one of my friends did say that to you (that certainly doesn't sound like any of my friends but I was pretty excited about my number and wasn't listening to all of them at the time so I can't argue this point), but it sure as hell wasn't me. I don't really get into the business of dissing other people's cars, anyone that knows me can tell you that. I'm not just a "Mustang guy". I have a few cars and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Obviously a 25 year old car that makes 548rwhp no matter what the powertrain is impressive, and I told you that.

The reason I said "I was hoping you'd run more on the autocross" was because I was impressed your car with 548rwhp hooked up well enough in the launch box and autocross to net you a 4.4 in the launch box and a 48.x on like your 2nd run in each event. I really did mean it when I said I wanted to see if you could get better numbers! I told you repeatedly I didn't mean it to say your car was a POS or anything. I just knew it was capable of more and I wanted to see you grab a great number in each event, that's all.

Really, your car (wife's car) is damn impressive and I have NEVER said anything to the contrary, nor would I ever.

Dan

DRK
07-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Jim, I don't know who said you needed to learn how to make more power, but it certainly wasn't me. I think 548rwhp is pretty damn impressive out of ANY motor, much less a V6+power adder, so I would have NEVER said that to you. I'm sorry if one of my friends did say that to you (that certainly doesn't sound like any of my friends but I was pretty excited about my number and wasn't listening to all of them at the time so I can't argue this point), but it sure as hell wasn't me. I don't really get into the business of dissing other people's cars, anyone that knows me can tell you that. I'm not just a "Mustang guy". I have a few cars and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Obviously a 25 year old car that makes 548rwhp no matter what the powertrain is impressive, and I told you that.

The reason I said "I was hoping you'd run more on the autocross" was because I was impressed your car with 548rwhp hooked up well enough in the launch box and autocross to net you a 4.4 in the launch box and a 48.x on like your 2nd run in each event. I really did mean it when I said I wanted to see if you could get better numbers! I told you repeatedly I didn't mean it to say your car was a POS or anything. I just knew it was capable of more and I wanted to see you grab a great number in each event, that's all.

Really, your car (wife's car) is damn impressive and I have NEVER said anything to the contrary, nor would I ever.

Dan

Please just stop before I have to sell my Mustangs.

-stew-
07-28-2011, 12:22 PM
I think its funny that the guy with the 231 cubic inch power adder motor is talking about his "little" motor to a guy with a 281 cubic inch power adder motor. Or vice versa, I've lost track of who is shit talking and who was being shit talked or if there was actual shit talking, or if compliments were being taken as shit talk or is it shit talk being taken as compliments...

Irish
07-28-2011, 12:48 PM
I've lost track of who is shit talking and who was being shit talked or if there was actual shit talking, or if compliments were being taken as shit talk or is it shit talk being taken as compliments...

This.

DR.FORD
07-28-2011, 01:08 PM
This is a CarCraft event, so with their reader-base in mind the regulations for his class are:
82 & Newer
American Made
RWD

So the SRT-4 is disqualified due to RWD (unless of course you did some crazy work). I agree it's kind of a shame because it would have been a strong contender (if not an overdog) in the auto-x. Although it would be difficult to compete in the launch box and dyno.

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Jim is my friend. Not sure how you are with your friends but if someone is giving them shit I am going to back them up.
Beyond that I have turned a wrench on every one of his GNs/GNXs. As I write this, less than 5 feet away, are electronics I made that are destined for the GN in question. I was the one that road tuned it the night before it went for the competition, and it was myself in the car (not even Jim) who was watching over the F.A.S.T. as it was on the dyno. I have every right to post up on the subject as opposed to yourself who is simply reading the thread and staring at a picture of a black and blue GN through a computer screen.

Nutswinging... please I am just telling it how it is. I NEVER once said the best car didn't win, including this very thread. Feel free to ask Jim. When I first heard of this competition Jim told me the rules and then said something to the effect of "I am going to run in the 82 & Newer class without Vettes/Vipers"... the very first thing out of my mouth: "A Cobra is going to take it". Just as I gave props to the Mustang chassis for this competition, I also gave Jim props for his driving. He was a fantastic driver in the event, the fact that it was my friend was icing on the cake. Let's not forget Jim *should* be a better driver as he has experience racing (and winning) race prepped circle track cars. That's not nutswinging - that's just telling it how it is.

But Murray, it doesn't matter that you were there, you did the work, you tuned the car, you are (I believe) an electrical engineer and build some crazy stuff, and you furthermore back it up and stick up for what you believe in because, see, they got a buddy that did it a couple times and they know better....
Welcome to BCM, where your years of experience and knowing what the fuck you are talking about, is irrelevant and maybe even laughable (like that Coop?).

FourEyedFord
07-28-2011, 02:33 PM

Did you have 3 of your buddies sitting in the trunk to help hook up all that pah, too!?!?!?!

This thread is funny!

Crawlin
07-28-2011, 02:38 PM
My head hurts like somebody divided by zero

srt4eh
07-28-2011, 02:42 PM
82 & Newer
American Made
RWD

ahhh....my bad...I was just thinking about competitions between cars and kinda ignored the fact that it was CarCraft...lol. Carry on!