PDA

View Full Version : compruter question.

-stew-
07-24-2011, 03:06 PM
How do I hook up my PS3 and my computer to my cable modem? I don't want to buy a wireless modem. I googled it and everything I find is how to connect a PS3 to the interwebs. I wanna have both connected at once.

03Seville
07-24-2011, 03:28 PM
If you don't want a wireless router than you'll have to get a network switch, but for the price you might as well just get wireless and at least then you'll have the wireless capability should you ever want it.

British_Ben
07-24-2011, 03:40 PM
If you want to avoid wireless, you could just get a wired router. You can also completely disable the wireless radio of a wireless router and just have it be a wired router.

Other option is a simple switch, but you will need to call your ISP and get another IP.

Reverend Cooper
07-24-2011, 03:49 PM
i got a lynksys wireless router you can have for 20$ you gotta come it tho u summa biatch,gonna try and get some of my tax money back.

Xephona
07-24-2011, 06:40 PM
If by some miracle you have two ethernet connections (one real card, and one built in card?) you can connect the PS3 to your computer, and computer to the modem and just bridge the connections.