PDA

View Full Version : interesting used car dealership

88Nightmare
07-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Found this on another forum I am on.

Basically seems like a variation of consignment sale.

http://carlotz.com/

What do you guys think of this? Think the $199 upfront fee to clean up your car and list it for sale, then a $599 fee if your car actually sells is worth it?

pOrk
07-22-2011, 03:32 PM
If your selling a high dollar car and having a hard time selling it yourself, then sure why not? Anything worth less then 15 though, thats a huge chunk of change to piss away on a sellers fee if you ask me.

88Nightmare
07-22-2011, 03:51 PM
That's what I was thinking. You can place a really nice autotrader online run-till-sold ad for well under $100

Crawlin
07-22-2011, 03:56 PM
an average profit on a used car would run right around that $600 on the low end of the scale. So basically they are taking out the requirement of having to inspect the car to the full degree of Wisconsin's Buyers Guide, and they don't have to pay up front in cash or finance their inventory.

Overall smart idea from an owners perspective (of the company). If you could market it correctly it could work. Downside is that you'd have a hard time convincing customers to trust the cars since they aren't being inspected, and on top of that competing with the used car market right now.

I agree with what pork said though

88Nightmare
07-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Wisconsin used car inspections is kind of a moot point as this place is located in Virginia