PDA

View Full Version : Chris, your little mod worked!!

Yooformula
08-21-2004, 05:17 AM
Turning the key slightly caused the speedo to shut off! I did manage to get all four wheels spinning from a launch on the way home too. :burnout :3gears: :goof Damm, I love being in a truck again! :thumbsup

Prince Valiant
08-21-2004, 09:21 AM
That "key" mod is a neat one.... :thumbsup

Cryptic
08-21-2004, 10:34 AM
that should keep the warranty within reach and resale value nice and high

:rolleyes: never buying a used durango now

Red97GTP
08-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Am I missing something? What is this key mod dealy?? How's it done?

Brian

Prince Valiant
08-21-2004, 11:44 AM
While the vehicle is running, you just turn the key forward from the "run" position toward the "start" position...about half-way will sufice.

This shuts down the dash gauges, etc...and this is what the ECU uses for much of it's info. However, the fuel maps/etc aren't affected as that info is gleaned from a speed sensor on the rear axle housing.

This is mostly used as a cheap way to circumvent the speed limiter on the hemi powered trucks...but it MAY also shut down other functions as well, including the torque management system, etc...things that limit the fun on the new hemi.

My bud and I used it on his ram to see how fast we could get it up to...speed limiter comes in at 105 or so IIRC on his truck...turned the key slightly forward and off accelerating it went(strongly I might add too) . Once we let go the ECU kicks back in and the places the limiter back on...but the speedo flashed to 120ish :wow

The only downside is that it is not permenant...you have to hold it in that position while you have your fun. So andy, it's not really a practical way to hide mileage on the durango's/rams as you'd get sick of holding it after a mile or so :goof

Yooformula
08-21-2004, 11:45 AM
Shut up you b|tch! :goof You dont actually engage the starter, fool.