PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist flagging.....

Car Guy
07-20-2011, 12:48 PM
An ad I have listed on Craigslist is randomly being flagged for no legit reason according to CL rules. I realize knowing exactly why my ad is being flagged and by who will always be a mystery as this comes with the territory of CL. However, I have long been curious what is required for an ad to be flagged.

For example: Will the flagging requirement be met if I repeatedly flag the same ad by refreshing the browser?

If this is true I can see 'competition' (people selling similar items) purposely flagging my ad to further theirs. For the record I am not over posting or posting the same ad in multiple cities. I have one ad on Milwaukee's CL and that is all.

BoosTT
07-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Different IP addresses need to flag the ad X amount of times for it to be removed. The X is usually 3.

Cell phone, Computer at work, Computer at home = flagged ad. Or you could change your IP.

73MACH
07-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Kid Cougar?????lol

austena123
07-20-2011, 03:05 PM
If you have people interested, they may be doing it because they don't want someone else to nab it before they come up with the money...

Nix
07-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Kid Cougar?????lol

I do miss reading that Cumdumpsters posts/threads. :lol

Car Guy
07-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Different IP addresses need to flag the ad X amount of times for it to be removed. The X is usually 3.

Cell phone, Computer at work, Computer at home = flagged ad. Or you could change your IP.

My guess would have been more than three 'flags', that seems too few to me. Does this mean refreshing the browser and repeatedly flagging from one IP address will only result in one flag...???

If you have people interested, they may be doing it because they don't want someone else to nab it before they come up with the money...

This would be a possibility if people were contacting me to buy items listed in the ad. The ad was flagged three times in the past week and the last interest I received was close to two weeks ago......

SSDude
07-21-2011, 05:52 AM
Show us your ad. For reference only of course.

DurtyKurty
07-21-2011, 07:03 AM
show us your ad. For reference only of course.

x2

Car Guy
06-01-2012, 10:52 AM
I relucantly bring this thread back from the dead. I am currently selling a `99 Corvette on behalf of my aunt and uncle on CL. The ad was first posted two weeks ago and was good for the first week. However, for the last week somebody or some'thing' is flagging the ad very shortly after going live. I did a bunch of research into CL flagging and got nothing but higher blood pressure. I changed the ad's title and description every repost in an effort to avoid target keywords but to no avail. The last ad was flagged 90 minutes after going live last night. Nothing in the ad is against CL rules. My guess is competition is flagging the ad, how convenient! All I am looking for now is ANYTHING that can be done to combat flagging. My temper was getting the best of me researching this and I had to take a break. If anybody has something please post up . . . . . before I go on a anti-flagging massacre. :guns1

Thanks for abusing Craigslist! :goof

BoosTT
06-01-2012, 12:31 PM
This doesent help you, but I'll flag an ad, so someone else can't buy it before me. I'll also flag similar items to what I am attempting to sell. I'm an asshole.

DSMDuDE
06-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Both my ads on CL; Milwaukee and Madison. are always randomly flagged for my quad. Both posted with a different email address. I believe i know who it is, but still pisses me off! I have my post saved in a txt doc for instant posting.

BR3W CITY
06-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Flagging competition is gay, its CL, someone always has something cheaper. Guess karma owes you a kick in the nutsack.

pOrk
06-01-2012, 04:07 PM
If an ad doesn't have a price listed I'll flag it cause its a waste of time. Also for vehicles mileage NEEDS to be in the ad, or I flag the fuck out of that too

Car Guy
06-02-2012, 12:28 AM
I now see why flagging is out of control.

michelle
06-02-2012, 06:07 AM
It's a free service, so it's going to have its negatives that are out of your control.

Car Guy
06-02-2012, 11:58 AM
I know, and always have. I suppose too easily I give people the benefit of the doubt in regards to how flagging was designed to work.

Car Guy
06-03-2012, 11:26 AM
I give up. I did all the research I could handle and walk away with two things. One, there is nothing you can really do to prevent brain-dead people from flagging legit ads. Two, and however, joining the 'I have no life therefore I feel the need to police and flag CL ads for no legit reason’ party is very easy. We will see how good this flagging software I now have works, supposed to be the best out there. :D

hrsp
06-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Real talk there are some real "CL HEROES" out there...

Rocket Power
06-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Flagging legit CL ads is douchebaggery.

theavenger333
06-12-2012, 01:28 PM
the best way to avoid being flagged is to be COMPLETLY honest in the ad. tell everything about the car in this case, leave nothing out, and don't fill the ad will unneccesary gibberish. like pork said, if you leave out VITAL stuff like mileage or price, you're going to get flagged. you will never be able to stop people who saw the car on the road once and were like "wtf that guy was driving too slow that day" and flags you, but being honest is the only way to go.

if you also keep bumping the post up to the top everyday, you will also get flagged. Craigslist i think tells you to only bump your ad like once every 2 days. If you aren't getting any responses, its not because it's getting "buried" theres just no interest. Its like someone on here in the classifieds doing a "TTT" everyday in their thread, its annoying. i sell shit on craigslist all the time, and follow those basic "rules" and have never been flagged ever

-stew-
06-12-2012, 05:10 PM
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/3047717755.html

This fagotry!

"TAGS:
honda acura nissan toyota nsx s2000 hks greddy dsm mitsubishi rotary mazda hondata aem je piston erl dynocom dynojet dyno dynamics mustang v8 camaro z28 firebird chevy ford turbo turbocharger tial garrett borg warner mugen blox skunk2 buddy club tenzo r apex apexi neo vafc safc dfi accel mr gasket b20 b20b 4g63 supra vibrant bov intercooler subaru sti wrx evo rota dodge chrysler cummins duramax powerstroke rc radio control comic autocross wiseco mahle eagle rods rod crower supertech super tech stainless steel aluminum flange flanges rims wheels tires tranny LS RS SI EX LX ivtec vtec rsx mdx tl rdx ngk uego spark plug wire wires plugs srt4 neon eclipse oem jdm usdm motorcycle moped yamaha mercury sho traxx paintball turbo computer monitor skates bowling ball racing clutch axle PSP srt srt4
"