PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good stainless cleaner & polish?

badass88gt
07-17-2011, 03:29 AM
I just bought a shiny new IR stainless grill, I'm sure the stainless isnt of the highest quality but I would like to try taking care of it the best I can and wonder, what is a good cleaner and polish for stainless? Thanks-Dan

twicks69
07-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Whatever we used ay Burger King when I was 15 years old kicked ass. Lol! I would seriously ask a manager at your local restaraunt for information on their product used. You can probably purchase it from Grainger or a restaraunt supply store.

Tim Zimmer via Evo Phone

Yooformula
07-17-2011, 09:43 AM
its called, "shelia shine" restaurant grade stainless cleaner.

05caddyext
07-17-2011, 10:41 AM
You can be sure that your "stainless" grill isn't really stainless. What brand is the grill? Contact the manufacturer of the grill and see what they recommend. A restaurant grade cleaner may be too harsh for it and may actually ruin it.

Yooformula
07-17-2011, 01:08 PM
/\ normally that is true but sheila shine is very safe for almost all metal surfaces and looks amazing! its more of an oily cleaner/coating than true metal polish.
http://www.sheilashine.com/

Doc Brown
07-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Either Bar-Keepers Friend powder for a deep abrasive clean, or 3M Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish for a good general purpose clean. I use both on the Delorean to get the results that I do.

05caddyext
07-17-2011, 09:49 PM
On a grill you definitely do not want to use anything that is abrasive at all. I can say with 99.9% certainty that the grill isn't a high grade of stainless steel. You don't want an abrasive ever on that stuff. My weber rep recommended Weiman stainless cleaner, comes in an aerosol can. Works excellent, we use it on all of our stainless weber grills in the store. He also recommended twice a year putting the stainless grates and flavorizer bars in your oven on self-clean. I've tried that with my grates and bars, and it worked very well. One thing to keep in mind, any grill won't look like it does in the store very long, not if you use it all the time. Even with a cover and great cleaners, they just don't stay new looking like your kitchen appliances do, just too many elements to deal with.

05caddyext
07-17-2011, 09:51 PM
I actually don't even stock a full stainless grill anymore. We used to carry several weber models in the full stainless version, but people complain that they don't look good after a few seasons, so we stopped carrying them. I order them fairly often, but I don't display them anymore in the hopes that people don't want one haha. In fact, this year for the first time, the stainless grills are the same price as the painted ones. They used to be $50 or $100 more depending on model.

WilliamZ
07-17-2011, 10:18 PM
I used some Zep stainless cleaner this weekend on a outdoor grill and it worked pretty well. I used the Weiman Stainless Cleaner and Polish last week on my appliances and it took more work to get rid of residue. The Zep didn't really need to be wiped as much.

badass88gt
07-17-2011, 11:59 PM
I just happened to grab the Weiman SS spray when I saw it at Pick & Save before I saw this thread, good to know it's halfway decent stuff.

GRAMPS SS
07-21-2011, 10:08 PM
I just bought new factory polished stainless tips for my car....will all of these polishes you talked about work for them as well?

88Nightmare
07-22-2011, 08:17 AM
This stuff worked great when polishing automotive related stuff. I used this a lot to get a nice shine on the bumpers of my silverado, along with the exhaust pipes.

http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/blue_magic/products/210/blue_magic_metal_polish_cream_jar/