PDA

View Full Version : More hard working Union Members.....

Got Boost
07-15-2011, 10:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX7KlUgdCDk&feature=share

BR3W CITY
07-15-2011, 10:49 AM
I don't really give a shit if people drink a beer or smoke a bowl with lunch; UNLESS they are driving or operating heavy machinery. Its not uncommon for those with desk jobs to have a beer with lunch, without violating company policy...depends where ya work. In this case i guess all it proves is that the union doesn't do very good drug testing.

Yooformula
07-15-2011, 11:50 AM
/\ I do! these assholes are drinking AND driving! Not to mention that they are working with heavy machinery and building cars that families drive in. Fuck them and the unions that protect this shit.

TheRX7Project
07-15-2011, 11:52 AM
They'll probably get suspended with pay.

By the way the exact same thing happened a year or so ago. I think it was even on the news.

Nix
07-15-2011, 12:07 PM
They'll probably get suspended with pay.

By the way the exact same thing happened a year or so ago. I think it was even on the news.

I believe that was a Chrysler plant in Michigan or ?

-stew-
07-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Its funny how shit like this pops up and all of a sudden its only union people who are fuck offs at work. I bet there isn't a person on this board that hasn't had a job they fucked off at or doesn't currently have a job they fuck off at. Jesus fuck, the idiocy, hypocrisy, and pretentiousness of some of you is just fucking amazing...

British_Ben
07-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Its funny how shit like this pops up and all of a sudden its only union people who are fuck offs at work. I bet there isn't a person on this board that hasn't had a job they fucked off at or doesn't currently have a job they fuck off at. Jesus fuck, the idiocy, hypocrisy, and pretentiousness of some of you is just fucking amazing...

Inb4 "I'm a perfect employee" posts.

GTSLOW
07-15-2011, 01:48 PM
I don't really give a shit if people drink a beer or smoke a bowl with lunch; UNLESS they are driving or operating heavy machinery. Its not uncommon for those with desk jobs to have a beer with lunch, without violating company policy...depends where ya work. In this case i guess all it proves is that the union doesn't do very good drug testing.

YOU don't care if someone building a product for YOU or your family is using illegal drugs before working/building said product???

GTSLOW
07-15-2011, 01:49 PM

:rolf its in the unions parking lot for christ sake.

BR3W CITY
07-15-2011, 01:59 PM
/\ I do! these assholes are drinking AND driving! Not to mention that they are working with heavy machinery and building cars that families drive in. Fuck them and the unions that protect this shit.

Read more than the first 5 words in a post. "UNLESS they are driving or operating heavy machinery. "
Do I really give a shit if the guy who picks up garbage and listens to his ipod all day, smokes a joint on his lunchbreak? Nope. Would I care anymore if the same guy went to a bar for lunch and got a beer with his sandwhich...nope. I didn't see anyone pounding hard liqour, smoking crack or doing lines off of their lunchbag. And I didn't see anyone actaully driving, just sitting in a car for what its worth. This has NOTHING to do with union behavior (and I'm not exactly union friendly). This is just generic modern american behavior, especially in menial jobs.

high end well respected businessman has a 3 martini lunch but thats ok? Ya, it is. Fuck man, drinking with lunch in other countries is standard procedure. And the problem with him smoking has more to do with politics and personal opinion than it does with safety.

Yooformula
07-15-2011, 02:17 PM
IMO, drinking while on the clock is wrong no matter what and so is smoking an ILLEGAL drug. Your opinion may be that it has ZERO impact but I have actually had employees get hurt because they were stoned while working. I could give a shit less what goes on in other countries but here its illegal, plain and simple. There shouldnt be a gray area when it comes to doing illegal drugs and drinking/driving especially while on the clock. So all the guys sitting in their cars must have walked the couple of miles from the factory to the parking lot or did you miss the clip where they fled in their cars when confronted. The same clip that showed the driver of the mustang almost hit the car in front of him as they were trying to flee so damm fast.

wrath
07-15-2011, 02:44 PM
And uh, how were they on the clock?

STANMAN
07-15-2011, 02:47 PM
IMO, drinking while on the clock is wrong no matter what and so is smoking an ILLEGAL drug. Your opinion may be that it has ZERO impact but I have actually had employees get hurt because they were stoned while working. I could give a shit less what goes on in other countries but here its illegal, plain and simple. There shouldnt be a gray area when it comes to doing illegal drugs and drinking/driving especially while on the clock. So all the guys sitting in their cars must have walked the couple of miles from the factory to the parking lot or did you miss the clip where they fled in their cars when confronted. The same clip that showed the driver of the mustang almost hit the car in front of him as they were trying to flee so damm fast.

This.

And yes, this happened a year ago, and it was Chrysler employee's then as well. And who is alerting the media? Their fellow employee's, because they don't want these idiots hurting THEM on the job. For anyone to stick up for these shitbags is just beyond me.

pOrk
07-15-2011, 02:52 PM
I fuck off all the time and I'm non union :) lol

Calm down stew, we all know its not only union workers that do this shit. Just funnier when it IS union workers

TheRX7Project
07-15-2011, 03:22 PM
I think the point is that "will these guys lose their jobs"? Hell at Quad I've known people who've gotten canned for smoking a CIGARETTE on their break (no smoking allowed con company property), let alone smoking pot or drinking. Not that I don't know people who do those things too. The point is, these people should lose their jobs, no questions asked.

Yooformula
07-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Even if they clocked out for their lunch, the alcohol isnt out of their body within the 45 minutes-1 hour their lunch lasts for and some of those guys werent drinking small cans of beer either. I actually rarely saw business men drink during lunch not even the many years I worked downtown, my work experience was brought up in regards to employees getting hurt while on the job and high.

-stew-
07-15-2011, 04:21 PM
More hard working HEROES...

http://greenfield.patch.com/articles/greenfield-bar-at-center-of-milwaukee-firefighter-controversy

http://www.wisn.com/news/19052269/detail.html

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-100628-mfd-arrest,0,6545324.story

http://www.wisn.com/news/23825415/detail.html

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/103666794.html

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/49125192.html

TheRX7Project
07-15-2011, 07:50 PM
^ What is your point? What does this have to do, AT ALL, with UAW guys drinking and getting high on their lunch breaks, and returning to work while under the influence?

You posted a bunch of stories of cops and firefighters doing stuff OFF THE CLOCK, that is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand... Just because some guy gets in a bar brawl on his days off doesn't mean he can't put out a fire.

Reverend Cooper
07-15-2011, 08:26 PM
I care these mother fuckers are driving up health coverage,cost of vehicles and sounds like insurance too fuck these assholes

CATNHAT
07-16-2011, 09:06 AM
The best part was at 2:24 when the Chrysler employee drives away in a MUSTANG!! WINNING! What a bunch of douche bags. The problem isnt that this is the exception, but that this is the the norm for these clowns. UAW FAIL!

Waver
07-16-2011, 09:30 AM
^ What is your point? What does this have to do, AT ALL, with UAW guys drinking and getting high on their lunch breaks, and returning to work while under the influence?

You posted a bunch of stories of cops and firefighters doing stuff OFF THE CLOCK, that is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand... Just because some guy gets in a bar brawl on his days off doesn't mean he can't put out a fire.

Stew is just pissed off because they wernt included in the budget to have things cut....however, why should they be? When was the last time that Stew's life was in danger on the clock....mmmm probably never. When was the last time that a City worker who wasn't a "hero" (using Stews terms not mine) was stabbed, shot, burned, or had severe smoke inhalilation while saving a persons life, protecting a persons property, or trying to make the streets safer for people to walk down? Probably never (unless they were smoking). Now as a result, since their overall health is at risk, dont you think that they should deserve better health benifits, ect?

PureSound15
07-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Way wait wait...

Isn't the point of a union to protect a hard working laborer and to help provide the level of living and safety that they deserve for their hard work?

In that case, I'm not sure that the guy who is able to smoke pot at lunch has it that bad. I guess he doesn't need a union.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrath
07-17-2011, 07:18 AM
Stew is just pissed off because they wernt included in the budget to have things cut....however, why should they be? When was the last time that Stew's life was in danger on the clock....mmmm probably never. When was the last time that a City worker who wasn't a "hero" (using Stews terms not mine) was stabbed, shot, burned, or had severe smoke inhalilation while saving a persons life, protecting a persons property, or trying to make the streets safer for people to walk down? Probably never (unless they were smoking). Now as a result, since their overall health is at risk, dont you think that they should deserve better health benifits, ect?

No one put a gun to their head and said they had to do that job. In fact, those jobs are so rare people are on waiting lists to become police officers and firefighters. To me, that says that they are fairly compensated.

Being a firefighter or a police officer takes little more education than an ASE master mechanic so it's not like they deserve more because they're better educated.

-stew-
07-17-2011, 08:14 AM
Plus 97% of police personnel go their entire career without doing a single dangerous thing. Doing drunk stops and busting underage drinking parties in East Troy for 30 years is hardly a life of danger.

And walker said he was doing going after public employees Benny's because they were a burden on the tax base, not based on who did/didn't deserve it.

-stew-
07-17-2011, 08:15 AM
Way wait wait...

Isn't the point of a union to protect a hard working laborer and to help provide the level of living and safety that they deserve for their hard work?

In that case, I'm not sure that the guy who is able to smoke pot at lunch has it that bad. I guess he doesn't need a union.

Why do you assume this is condonable behavior?

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-17-2011, 08:19 AM
The end of the video was the worst. "I'm angered of what was on the video, but you didn't think how it would affect those employees and their families."

Stupid union rep.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-17-2011, 08:23 AM
There is a union at my work, but not everyone there has the same beliefs as the others and reps. There have been a few union guys that i talk with daily that have said that this person should not be her, he's only around cause of the union and how much time he has in. Others have said that they would like to concede but being in the union, their voices are ignored.

PureSound15
07-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Why do you assume this is condonable behavior?

I don't. I'm only saying that, apparently, life isn't so bad.

GHOSST
07-18-2011, 07:20 AM
This is old