PDA

View Full Version : The trade

Lash
07-13-2011, 06:20 PM
So.... what are everybodies thoughs on the Brewers recent move?
I'm interested to see who the closer is going to be considering how good Axford has been and especially because of the comment d-bag Boras made:

Rodriguez's contract included a no-trade clause that allowed him to block trades to 10 clubs. The Brewers were not one of them, but the player's new agent, Scott Boras, made clear to Newsday's Ken Davidoff during All-Star Game festivities that any of the 20 other clubs considering a run at Rodriguez should know that he is a "historic closer" who was "not going anywhere to be a setup man."

Trade bait maybe?

flyin_blue_egg
07-14-2011, 11:41 AM
The only problem I see with the trade is he's no longer the dominate closer he used to be. As a cubs fan to me k-rod falls in the same group as carlos marmol in that they both pretty much refuse to throw anything but their slider, which 2-3 yrs ago was awesome, but now not so much.

PB86MCSS
07-15-2011, 04:44 PM
He's a bigger name than his abilities are, he isn't what he was 5-9 years ago but still a very good reliever. I like the move, even though I think K-Rod is a d-bag, just hope Axford doesn't get hurt or turn into a pile as so many relievers do and force Rodriguez into the closer role. Who cares what Boras says, they both know the Brewers would no way let him finish 21 games to kick in that absurd option (or any other team for that matter trading for him).

Lash
07-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Apparently they re-worked his contract. Boras sure does likes to play nice since the Brewers picked his kid up.
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110715&content_id=21819284&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb