PDA

View Full Version : spray bomb question

Silver86
07-13-2011, 06:48 AM
the tip that came on this bomb shoots a narrow pattern. the area that i painted was 2.5' x 2'. the problem that i ran into lines showing up becuase of the narrow pattern. it didnt matter how much time i took to spray, there were still stripes showing up. my question being is there a way to get rid of these? wetsanding with a ultra-low grit paper?

if i do need to redo them, are there any tips to shooing large flat areas with a narrow spray pattern?

BR3W CITY
07-13-2011, 08:05 AM
I always coated a little wetter than I planned and kept my passes pretty tight. It does well to help with the tiger striping, you just have to be more careful with runs. Also depends on what paint your using. I was using Duplicolor sealer, and with the tip they use and the way the paint lay, i didn't have too many striping issues.

Silver86
07-13-2011, 08:43 AM
think the stuff i was using was Krylon. usually they have the nicer tips that spray a nice wide pattern, but the tips on these were just horrible.

i might go out and pick up another can and i guess just try again with uber tight spacing.

Slow5oh
07-13-2011, 11:36 AM
What are you painting? I've never had striping problems I usually use rustoleum wheel paints/engine enamel. Also valspar appliance paint is another ice found to lay out nicely.

Sent from zeus's ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

DurtyKurty
07-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Throw a coat of clear over it. Your stripes will disappear.

Silver86
07-13-2011, 12:04 PM
What are you painting? I've never had striping problems I usually use rustoleum wheel paints/engine enamel. Also valspar appliance paint is another ice found to lay out nicely.

Sent from zeus's ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

a computer case believe it or not. the side panels are the ones that are getting the stripes. all the other parts i painted for the case turned out fantastic.

tried to find the stuff i used on krylons site, but couldnt... ill have to wait till i get home.

now i wouldve tried something different, but with out walmart being remodeled, everything is awry. out of all the colors that they had out, this silver was the only one i liked.

edit: i take that back... the silver paint ive been using is rustoleum

team beater
07-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Go to envisions 1328 South Cesar E Chavez Drive, pick up a "fat cap" for like 50 cents never worry about stripes again.

BR3W CITY
07-14-2011, 10:48 PM
never heard of a fat cap....or that store. Not exactly a neighborhood i try to end up in.

Slow5oh
07-14-2011, 11:46 PM
in graffiti they have all kinds of caps if you wanna buy in bulk just buy em on line

http://www.bombingscience.com/shop-tips.htm

The Shaolin
07-15-2011, 08:39 AM
How far back are you spraying?

Yes, coating a little too heavy and some work with a sanding block should help.

BR3W CITY
07-15-2011, 10:50 AM
hey slow, that link was great, thanks! I've always done any tagging (on my OWN stuff) from a less artistic standpoint. I was never able to get the good effects like the pro's, so I always reverted to the "stencil tag" like Banksy. I'd like to pick up some of those tips for projects tho.

Silver86
07-15-2011, 11:19 AM
How far back are you spraying?

Yes, coating a little too heavy and some work with a sanding block should help.

it didnt matter how close or far back i was spraying from... it still was narrow.

but the sides i will redo with some better tips another time. im gonna be redoing the side window anyways.

picture:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/blackaccordlx/IMGP6450.jpg

Slow5oh
07-15-2011, 11:20 AM
hey slow, that link was great, thanks! I've always done any tagging (on my OWN stuff) from a less artistic standpoint. I was never able to get the good effects like the pro's, so I always reverted to the "stencil tag" like Banksy. I'd like to pick up some of those tips for projects tho.

if you're looking for good paint Belton Molotow and montana Hardcore are great paints

BR3W CITY
07-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Might try that. Trying to work on some pinstriping first tho haha.