PDA

View Full Version : Any AEM EMS tuners locally? I have a question

EvolvedRegal
07-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Or if someone can point me in the right direction. My tuner is on vacation ATM.

Just trying to see if my 02 sensor went bad, or if my cruising trims (02 feedback) are out of wack.

WhatsADSM
07-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Or if someone can point me in the right direction. My tuner is on vacation ATM.

Just trying to see if my 02 sensor went bad, or if my cruising trims (02 feedback) are out of wack.

I am a little confused... what exactly is the problem with the car.

If the o2 sensor goes out the trims will be out of wack... It's not mutually exclusive - it is closing a loop.

You can see your fuel trims by going to the o2 feedback parameter page. The default parameter set has the current AFR, target AFR, and trim (IIRC it is labelled with "learned" or something of that nature).

EvolvedRegal
07-13-2011, 08:53 AM
What I did notice is the the warm-up enrichment for the coolant was in the positive all the way to 190 degrees or so. Now if memory serves the 02 feedback init table was about -7%. Wouldn't these 2 tables fight each other and cause the lean/rich oscillation during cruising? My afrs swing from 12.1-17.0 every 1-2 seconds. Or is this a classic case of a bad wideband sensor?

During open loop, the afrs hold steady at 11.5 all the way to redline at full throttle.

If you want I can send you my .cal file.

If its anymore info for you I do NOT run a IAC valve since I use a AMS VSR manifold and the BBK 75mm TB. Idles great though.