PDA

View Full Version : Kilpatricks Performance Rebuild

SlowStee
08-19-2004, 01:11 PM
recently the tranny took its last gear shift, so onto (a bit) bigger and better things.....I talked to a guy at kilpatricks for awhile about what i hope to get done there, tell me if you guys think this sounds like a good deal..
Performance 4L60E rebuild W/ shift kit, tranny cooler........all labor included $1700-1800......sound like a good deal? I could even get a stall put in for around $2100 (including labor)....but i think thats for another time......so what do you guys think?

Crawlin
08-19-2004, 01:18 PM
My buddy Brad has one of their built trans in his S/C LS1 trans am. has held up so far. don't know if it's the same buildup, or a more extreme one to handle his power.

Chris

97z2801ss
08-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Julian My teacher works out there what was his name? Kilpatricks good they did work on brians Mustang too....i had my SFC's put on there too.

SlowStee
08-19-2004, 04:36 PM
his name was jim, seemed like a real nice guy

Max 93
08-19-2004, 05:45 PM
they do good work out there, I had them put in my gears.

Scales
08-19-2004, 05:51 PM
I'v had quite a bit of stuff done there. They did the buildup on my 700R4 in this car. Ran me about $1500 for everything (w/ shift kit and stall) but I had to supply my own stall...

lotsals1
08-19-2004, 09:39 PM
My buddy Brad has one of their built trans in his S/C LS1 trans am. has held up so far. don't know if it's the same buildup, or a more extreme one to handle his power.

Chrisbrad blew up his 2 weeks after he put it in--dunno if he got a warany replacement --i would do with a flp before anyone elses- they are proven 500 ft lb of torque trannys for not much more than the other dudes
jmo --i've been looking into who has the best one --so far flp

SMS 1
08-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Whoo hooo! Yank sportsman pro tranny on its way
FLP? So what is this all about then? Or is that what you mean? :goof

lotsals1
08-19-2004, 10:30 PM
FLP? So what is this all about then? Or is that what you mean? :goofWell since yank makes a great converter i assumed they made a good tranny --well i was dead wrong --the tranny lasted 1 day and it has been in and out 5 times in one year -"if havent noticed i havent been at BK or oscars this summer" Yank trannys blow chow and i will tell that to anyone --DO NOT EVER BUY A YANK PRODUCT they are the biggest scammers imo and make false claims about theur product and do absoulutly nothing to help once you have problems
I pulled my trans apart and 90% of it was stock! flp puts a ton of hard core parts and garantee 500ft lbs from their product !
I made a big mistake by going with a yank -and it cost me thousands of bux
now i know these trannys better than most people -and it will be done right from me with all the goodies-

Crawlin
08-19-2004, 11:45 PM
yes he did and he had it redone there. specific combinations require specific type rebuilds. they thought they could get away with a little. now they told him if he busts this one, there's nothing else he can do. and it's been fine ever since, including trips to the "track" ;) on many occasions. i've known people to blow up yanks, blow up FLP's, blow up Speed Inc trannies. It's all in how you use it. For a mild performance trans, you could go local.

Chris

GRNDNL
08-20-2004, 09:47 AM
Donny at Kilpatricks did the TH400 in Mandys GS, no problems in 10 years, 1500+ passes and 25,000 street miles. I'm not sure if he still is doing the trannys there but he is really good, not sure how he is with OD trannys.....

Jimmys Transmissions in Mundelein IL did my 200R4 thats in my GN, I think he's the best there is with 200s, its been bullet proof, not a single problem in 8 years. I do pull it every 2 or 3 years and to let him check it out. I think I've got 500 ft lbs at the tire covered... :shades The only problem is I could build 3 TH400s for what I have in that 200. I talked to Jimmy a few years ago about the 4L60s and he said there was some issues with them and at that time he would just put a 200R4 in a car, I'm not sure if the issues have been worked out or not.

Lonnie Diers, Extreme Automatics in OH builds a killer 4L60, I know he has a few 9 second cars running his stuff. Lonnies a great builder but the shipping and warranty stuff is a pain when he's 7 hours away.

If it was me I'd call just call Jimmy's.....847-949-7507

Keith

whistlin six
08-20-2004, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=GRNDNL

If it was me I'd call just call Jimmy's.....847-949-7507

I've been happy with my Jimmy's trans too, 3 years of hittin it hard with
no problems.
I just recommended Jimmy's to a friend with a 4L60 trans that went bad.

SlowStee
08-21-2004, 12:06 AM
only problem is, i wont be doing any labor myself with the tranny (completely stupid w/ trannys)....so there would most likely not be money left over to get have it put in, and the old 4l60 removed

GRNDNL
08-21-2004, 09:09 AM
only problem is, i wont be doing any labor myself with the tranny (completely stupid w/ trannys)....so there would most likely not be money left over to get have it put in, and the old 4l60 removed

Jimmy does R&Rs, he prefers that anyway, he can test it afterwards and make any adjustments then.......