PDA

View Full Version : People driving with their brights on

SCHM1AN
07-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Fellow BCM'ers...

I don't know if it is just me, but it seems like all of the sudden people more people are "forgetting" to turn their brights off. Whether it's on my way home from work or my way home from after-work shenanigans (when it's actually dark out), I always catch one or two people who are usually driving really crappy cars with their brights on.

I've tried flashing the oncoming offenders with no avail.

What're your thoughts on this?

88Nightmare
07-05-2011, 10:56 PM
people with beaters that are too cheap or lazy to replace a headlight bulb just drive with the brights on, that way both bulbs look lit, and it draws less attention from the local law enforcement

VroomPshhTsi
07-05-2011, 11:09 PM
This is one of my worst pet peeves. It's just a sign that people are not paying attention to their driving. Usually it's their brights and if they are far away I give them time to change to low-beams. Once they get close and still haven't, then I like to remind them how annoying it is.

Sometimes it's not their brights but their headlights are aiming up/straight instead of down. People are too lazy to get them re-aligned so they just leave them and piss everyone else off.

On top of both of these scenarios, I especially hate people who drive with their brights on/unbalanced headlights AND tailgate you. Great combo.

SCHM1AN
07-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Oh yes, and when the aforementioned d!ckhead is driving an SUV (And I'm in my sedan)? Even worse.

wikked
07-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Every oncoming car to me looks like they have their brights on... sittin toooo low.

GHOSST
07-06-2011, 05:28 AM
Its pretty simple. More and more people are buying aftermarket bulbs, sylvania, piaa, ect. They max out the wattage or don't know what wattage to run, and just see these bulbs on shelves at autozone or advanced and think, oooooooo I want those sweet looking ultra white lights, or purple, or blue, and they don't do any research. But more than likely if its a beater, they said screw fixing the low beams, hahaha!

Silver86
07-06-2011, 06:48 AM
i get flashed all the time (in both the xterra and mustang)... and i rarely drive with my brights on... and the bulbs are factory. donno.

michelle
07-06-2011, 06:58 AM
i get flashed all the time (in both the xterra and mustang)... and i rarely drive with my brights on... and the bulbs are factory. donno.

Lucky you.

TheRX7Project
07-06-2011, 08:37 AM
I used to get the "highbeam flash" in my '69 VW. I couldn't get the damn headlights to align properly. I didn't even HAVE high beams :(

BR3W CITY
07-06-2011, 09:19 AM
For some reason when motorcycles are behind me, they headlights "flicker" when they hit bumps. It might be my imagination but I always thinks its someone flashing brights.
the headlights in my 66 are pretty bright and are aimed a bit up because of how low it sits, I've still never been flashed tho.

WickedSix
07-06-2011, 11:21 AM
lifted truck + 55w HIDs = I get flashed all the time at night.....

I get the people who flash.....then flash again...then just keep their high beams on while they drive by me.... I need to do the high 4 mod so I can flash highbeams back at them

GHOSST
07-06-2011, 12:29 PM
I never even thought about light position!!! Come to think of it, I used to get flashed when I first installed my halo's on my Camaro. I only changed the position because of very poor visability at night, which I guess was more forward than actually on the road, that would do it, lol.

lilws6
07-06-2011, 06:31 PM
i get flashed once and a while in my truck with hid's one time some guy in a civic was coming down the road at me left his brights on and i proceded to flash him. once all the lights came on in the front he imediatly proceded to turn his lights off as quickly as possible :goof

lordairgtar
07-06-2011, 06:42 PM
I love jacked up trucks where their head lights are right in my rear window (which is pretty high on an HHR). Douche bags!

brotherbenn83
07-07-2011, 12:00 AM
More annoying than this is the recent trend of jackasses driving with their fog lights on ALL THE TIME! Just because you HAVE them doesn't mean you NEED them on! I use my fogs only on dark country roads, and of course in inclement weather...apparently no one else got the memo.

michelle
07-07-2011, 08:59 AM
I like to drive with my parking lights on during the day. (and my fogs)

Voodoo
07-07-2011, 11:06 AM
I can't say I've noticed an increase in people leaving their brights on, but I've been getting flashed a lot recently even though my HIDs are in properly-aimed projector housings. Luckily I wired up a relay so my lows stay on with my highs... I flash them back and they stop complaining.

GTSLOW
07-07-2011, 12:59 PM
I've noticed this as well. My conclusion is there's just more and more cars on the roads with better bulbs, HIDs, improperly installed HIDs, etc..

The thing that annoys me is these people with BLUE headlights. Not talking about slightly blue HID's but the straight almost pure blue ones. Always seems to be in a honda or toyota.

Voodoo
07-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Yeah, mine are 6000K color temp, so just slightly bluer than most OEM HIDs. I've seen cars with blue/purple/pink HIDs rolling around and I think it's retarded. Though I suppose, if they want to sacrifice their own road visibility then that's their decision.

GHOSST
07-07-2011, 02:22 PM
More annoying than this is the recent trend of jackasses driving with their fog lights on ALL THE TIME! Just because you HAVE them doesn't mean you NEED them on! I use my fogs only on dark country roads, and of course in inclement weather...apparently no one else got the memo.

Well stock fogs shouldn't even be that bright. On my Camaro there 35w bulbs. I leave them on all the time, I mean, they only come on at night, and there pointed torward the ground. Now my pet peeve I've noticed as of late, is people using thier fog light position as headlights, which is extremely tacky and I assume not even legal. Eh..

Wagonbacker9
07-07-2011, 09:56 PM
I had a coworker follow me down our (VERY LONG) driveway with his brights on... then all the way to the freeway... I was not pleased.

I leave my running and fog lights on full time instead of having the DRLs on... DRLs annoy me and I'm too lazy to defeat them, so I just do that instead.

Wagonbacker9
07-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Well stock fogs shouldn't even be that bright. On my Camaro there 35w bulbs. I leave them on all the time, I mean, they only come on at night, and there pointed torward the ground. Now my pet peeve I've noticed as of late, is people using thier fog light position as headlights, which is extremely tacky and I assume not even legal. Eh..
I put 3000K HIDs in the fogs, so mine are pretty bright, but I aimed them down because the light dispursion isn't quite right.
But yeah, that seems to be a trend on highway 100, and its leaking out.

Xephona
07-08-2011, 02:42 AM

Foglights alone look good on Firebird Formulas in my opinion :(

wrath
07-08-2011, 06:09 AM
I have 60w/65w/35w Osrams in my truck. Properly aimed. Never get flashed. If some doucher is driving around with their highbeams on they get a quick blip. They don't rectify in .2 seconds they get all the lights on. If they're poorly aimed/using aftermarket lights/be a prick they get a pair of Lightforce projectors in their face in addition. I have to be really careful with those because they are blinding. They're basically as bright as KC 6x9s with a more defined beam.

There is a guy near where I live that drives a Jankified F250 non-powerjoke, but still has the walrus tusks to go with his 7 lug wheels and floppy box sides. He insists on driving around with the factory fogs on (with mismatched HIDs in them), the factory headlights with HIDs in them, and a set of aftermarket driving lights with HIDs in them on. Basically lights up everything around him like daylight. The tree canopy is lit up so well the leaves roll over because they think the sun has changed positions. I flashed him showing my displeasure of being able to see only the white line and he flashed me. So I gave his pupils an exercise and he went off the road.

animal
07-08-2011, 09:27 AM
I drive with my fog lights on whenever the lights are on because the switch is broke and I can't turn them off :rolf

Yooformula
07-08-2011, 09:29 AM
I have 55w hids in my lows/hi's, 35w hids in the fogs and never once had anyone flick their beams at me. I have them properly aimed and check them often though. But you dont want to be on the receiving end of my hi beams though, as they are relayed for ALL of my lights to come on and stay on! lol On the road though, people driving with hi's dont bug me so much as a quick flip and they usually change their minds but the blue/purple rice shit annoys the phuck out of me.

scaleracer
07-08-2011, 04:38 PM
I get that sometimes but I have automatic headlights lol!

lilws6
07-09-2011, 03:20 PM
i need to relay my truck any one got a quick how to link i could look at i'm tired of my hid's turning off when i flip my highs on. but if i hold the switch back instead of fliping them forward they all light up . gay stupid gm lol

Korndogg
07-09-2011, 03:25 PM
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/25638/ftdrlnstall.pdf

That should work for yours? For mine I just had to ground out a pin.

Holeshot
07-09-2011, 03:34 PM
I didn't have an issue with people flashing me until I replaced my headlamp housings. Yes they are properly aimed and have OE bulbs in them.

jamestown478
07-10-2011, 11:35 AM

especially all the idiots in there hondas and rsx's that think they are cool rocking yellow and purple bulbs in the fog lights