PDA

View Full Version : Buy here pay here lots?

subliminal1284
06-30-2011, 01:25 AM
Normally I would stay far away from these places and just save up 2k or so and buy a car on the spot, however cash is low, my current car is dead, credit is not so hot and I seem to be unable to find anything half way reliable for the little amount of cash I have. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about the buy here pay here lots in WI and if they are a complete rip off and if there is anything I should know? I know I will be paying more than the car is worth but if they normally charge 2 or 3 times what its worth I wont even consider it. Thanks for any info you have.

Crawlin
06-30-2011, 09:03 AM
that is what it normally is. sorry to say but it is a LAST resort.

best bet, Rosen. You'll still have high interest, but atleast deal with REAL banks that could help you get the credit back to being good. They've done some crazy shit in regards to paper trails to get people into cars. They also have the buying power and relationships with places like Americredit.

The ONLY good thing I can say about JD Buyrider, is if you do get a car there, and it doesn't break down on you, and you do pay EVERY payment(every 2 weeks) on TIME... the rule in the past was that after that initial 30% interest loan, since you made every payment on time, you deserved a break and the next loan would be 15%.

there is a reason it is a last option, and you will be paying $7000 for a $4000 car in some cases.

The Heiser dealership I had worked at that specialized in sub prime stuff was the old Heiser Toyota that was right next to JD Buyrider on 76th street, so we talked alot about business and what we were seeing.

TheRX7Project
06-30-2011, 09:18 AM
A year after I filed bankruptcy I got a car a 13% intrest from Subaru City. It's worth a shot. I figured no way in hell was I getting a decent car at a price I could afford.

Gregor
06-30-2011, 06:22 PM
I would just run thru CL till I found one. 600 will still get a work car even in today market.

My dad went thru JD Byrider and in the end it wasnt worth it. There are a shit load of beaters out there. Just go after one you know how to fix.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/2469526138.html

Sprayaway Fox
06-30-2011, 10:01 PM
I would just run thru CL till I found one. 600 will still get a work car even in today market.

My dad went thru JD Byrider and in the end it wasnt worth it. There are a shit load of beaters out there. Just go after one you know how to fix.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/2469526138.html

Exactly,that type should be your last resort. Snag a rusted F150 for 800 bucks and run the wheels off of it.

BoosTT
07-01-2011, 07:16 AM
You can try to pay someone on craigslist with paypal....

hrsp
07-01-2011, 01:08 PM
northside has many many...big bills is one of them i think...over on appelton ave? someone correct me...but there is alot of them in that area...id look thru cl...goodluck!