PDA

View Full Version : Great pay and openings!

Sprayaway Fox
06-29-2011, 09:32 PM
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/gov/2392667304.html

Seriously though its gotta be pretty bad when your throwing up adds on CL all the way across the country. I would do it if I could go to work with a chaingun.

BR3W CITY
06-30-2011, 08:38 AM
If there were less regulations on what you could do (ie less red tape) I would consider it....assuming they don't piss test.

flyin_blue_egg
06-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Don't let all the TV shows about the shit in AZ and TX. I work with a guy that applied and he read that if you get the job your post for the 1st 5 years or so is on the northern borders. Then when they want they tell you to move to the south. Kind of like working for the FBI, that's why I would never work for the US Gov't in a Law enforcement role unless I had no family b/c at any moment you can get reassigned. And getting reassigned in a Gov't job isn't just having to drive another hour to work, it means moving across the country.

Taetsch Z-24
06-30-2011, 11:38 AM
....assuming they don't piss test.
Just like the military, Yes.

Able to Learn Spanish or already speak it fluently
I passed everything but this. You take a written test on a "false language" it is Latin.
I can not spell English as it is, let alone Latin!

And some of the other people talking the test with me....Did not seem to be that high of a caliber...

-stew-
06-30-2011, 12:22 PM
And some of the other people talking the test with me....Did not seem to be that high of a caliber...

Just like the military, yes.

Taetsch Z-24
06-30-2011, 12:31 PM
:rolf:thumbsup

But you would not know would-ja?

-stew-
06-30-2011, 12:47 PM
:rolf:thumbsup

But you would not know would-ja?

Say again, hooah?

Taetsch Z-24
06-30-2011, 12:53 PM
yep
</thread>

brotherbenn83
06-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Don't let all the TV shows about the shit in AZ and TX.

Great grammar.

GTSLOW
06-30-2011, 03:24 PM
I had a couple Soldiers get out and work for the BP. As well as a husband and wife couple live next to me while stationed in AZ. I guess AZ is the most pressed for jobs right now. Almost everyone wants to work in CA/San Diego area so cali is pretty full. You can do everything from foot patrols, driving patrols, highway check points, etc...

And as stated just like the military you can get moved but its not like they give you a months notice and you're gone. :rolleyes: You can usually find out a year before. LOTS of false information there. Oh and you can absolutely bet you're gonna take piss tests while joining and throughout you're career.

GTSLOW
06-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Say again, hooah?

Isn't he a marine so he'd be hoorah? :goof

-stew-
06-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Isn't he a marine so he'd be hoorah? :goof

I heard it was in violation of UCMJ for a Soldier to say hoorah. Same with a Marine saying hooah. Who knows, maybe I got some bad intel. *shrugs*

Rocket Power
06-30-2011, 03:55 PM
From the bottom of the page of the link they posted in the CL ad.

Disclaimer - BorderPatrolRequirements.com is here to assist you with researching the border patrol requirements for training, applying and searching possible jobs and careers with the US Border Patrol. Please note that we are not affiliated nor do we represent the Border Patrol.

FoxStang
06-30-2011, 07:26 PM
From the bottom of the page of the link they posted in the CL ad.

RPO is really common these days, even for the public sector.

Sprayaway Fox
06-30-2011, 09:55 PM
All I know is If I was put down in the southern border like that I would want some grenades and some good guns and a set on kill attitude.

My Uncle does "clerical work" for the military for the last 30 some years. He gets moved around all the time, meets with the last couple presidents. He did say though that Texas and the drug stuff is pretty bad down there last time I talked to him which was a year ago.