PDA

View Full Version : family... can live with them...

Silver86
06-29-2011, 11:06 AM
... just cant live with them. LOL

so after the drama in the last couple weeks before my sisters wedding things have been 'odd' with my family (excluding my sis).

i was asked to pick up my sister and my brother-in-law from the airport from their honeymoon. no problem, i have the day off... just had to wait for the wife to get home with the suv so i wouldnt have to stuff them and their luggage in the mustang. that wait happened to be 30 minutes after they landed and then the 45 minute drive to the airport. i understand that they didnt want to wait around and couldnt wait to get home and see their kids. when i apologized for being late, they said that it was all right and that they had a great trip.

so this morning i wake up to my FB page spammed with postings from either my mom or my step dad (they share an account) saying how im unreliable, that i dont put family first, that after all this planning (rolleyes) i still drop the ball. this is total BS. this has absolutly infuriated me and turned my wife into an emotional wreck. i am at the point where i want to wipe all contacts with them... they have all turned into drama queens.

weve both tried calling (jee... seems like their phones are all turned off) and it looks like the FB comments have disappeared. i swear if i didnt like my job and friends so much, i would pack up and move southeast.

/rant

That_Guy
06-29-2011, 11:19 AM
dude.. family can be crazy..

nismodave
06-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Cool Story Bro.....LOL.

I always say this, its easy to LOVE our family members, not so easy to LIKE them.

animal
06-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Defriend them lol.

michelle
06-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Dropping all communication with my mother-in-law was the best thing my husband and I have done. It's been well over a year and a half and we are loving it. Some people just have a few lose screws that it's not worth dealing with.

It was rather hilarious how much defriending the majority of my husband's family on something like Facebook irritated them. Seriously, it's Facebook.

Silver86
06-29-2011, 12:06 PM
stuff like this drives me crazy.

they make it sound like i should bend over backwards/clear my schedule for anything they ask for, but the second we need a helping hand... they live too far away or they work or they are watching my step sisters 4 kids so she can go out and get drunk.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
06-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Agreed with Dave.

Half of my family i can't stand, yet i have to tolerate them. Vicious cycle if you ask me.

Silver86
06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Agreed with Dave.

Half of my family i can't stand, yet i have to tolerate them. Vicious cycle if you ask me.

fuckin eh

the 6 of us need to get together soon...

Nickerz
06-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Ehh I kind of identify with your family, sorry. I don't know how far in advanced you were notified, but if you weren't going to be on time that should have been mentioned in advance. No one wants to wait an extra minute after getting off a plane. Flying is the worst.

Silver86
06-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Ehh I kind of identify with your family, sorry. I don't know how far in advanced you were notified, but if you weren't going to be on time that should have been mentioned in advance. No one wants to wait an extra minute after getting off a plane. Flying is the worst.

understandable...

my mom gave me a days notice that the time changed from 10am to 3:30pm... and then they landed early... they (my mom) knew i was gonna be a little late cause i told them i was gonna wait for the suv. i think that they are just totally blowing this waaaaay out of proportion for something so little like me being slightly late to picking up my sister from the airport. besides the traffic on 43/94 was at a standstill almost the entire way there.

BR3W CITY
06-29-2011, 03:45 PM
fuck them, get an airport shuttle if your in such a hurry.
It may be against the common wisdom, but nothing says you HAVE to love or like anyone in your family. As far as the universe as a whole is concerned, its just another person. I have friends that mean for to me than some family....and there are members of my family that don't even know I'm alive...I prefer it that way.

pOrk
06-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Sounds like small peanuts to me. I knocked my cousins teeth out after he stole my grandmas laptop to sell for heroin money. Thats a problem, being late to the airport? Wah wah wah. Tell um to pound sand.

Korndogg
06-29-2011, 04:04 PM
They make cabs every day.....

HY35F2T
06-29-2011, 08:57 PM
They make cabs every day.....

No shit lol.Hey silver86 You should make a fb status ...CABS-the other reliable transportation.lol

Silver86
06-30-2011, 06:15 AM
oh the drama continues LOL

so i wake up this morning and check the good old FB... and low and behold another message. this one states that she does still love me, but shes dissapointed because i wasnt there for my sister... at the terminal when they both got off the plane... are you shitting me!

she then rambles on about some of the trips i took by plane where she met me at the terminal, which was like 10 years ago. my sister was never there when they picked me up... so i could really argue back that my sister was never there for me LOL!

i pretty much refused to read the rest... she mustve been drinking cause she just continues to ramble on about shit.

so even after talking with her about what everyones doing for the 4th... she decides message me on FB in the middle of the night instead of talking about this right then. /facepalm

im fucking done with this shit.

we were planning on going out there for the 4th... but now im having second thoughts.

pOrk
06-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Why are you stil letting this bother you? Seriously reading this thread makes me wonder who has the bigger problem. Let it go, lifes too short

Silver86
06-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Why are you stil letting this bother you? Seriously reading this thread makes me wonder who has the bigger problem. Let it go, lifes too short

that was before i had my coffee... im good now :D

The Shaolin
06-30-2011, 09:37 AM
Jesus, man. We can definitely grill out on the 4th, I think I might have a lady friend around so the wife has someone to talk to :)

flyin_blue_egg
06-30-2011, 10:49 AM
I think you're letting this bother you more then it bothered your mom/sister etc. Like many have said just let it go. If they want to hold this over your head I say fvck them.

wrath
06-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Why wasn't your mother there? It's more important for her to be there than a sibling.

I have a relative like that. They don't even know where I live or that I've changed jobs. I have a motto for family like that: "Don't call me, I'll call you."

If it was such a big fscking deal, leave a car at the airport. Or take a shuttle. Or. Or. Or. It's not like Milwaukee is some expansive airport with expensive parking, it's barely the size of tiny muni airport and parking is cheap compared to fuel and airfare. Your Mom seriously must have nothing better to do but watch Dr. Phil reruns and look for family drama.

lordairgtar
07-02-2011, 12:35 AM
WTF Silver86, we must be related. My fam pretty much is bat shit insane.