PDA

View Full Version : Where to find: Watersports equiptment......

Car Guy
06-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Last weekend the family's water tube failed after many years of use. I am looking for a new tube for sure and possibly a new life jacket. I am 90% decided on which tube ( http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/part_number=AHSL-32/697.0 ) and would LOVE to have it by this weekend but still will consider other brands/models. I looked at the usual locations like Sports Authority, Dick's Sporting Goods, Dunham’s, etc but do not see much of anything in stock. Please post up if you know of additional locations stocking water tubes. Our family’s cabin is the Southeast corner of Fond Du Lac County.....

Also, I need to buy a quality life jacket. The jackets we currently use have seen much better days and are the older hard(er) foam inside nylon design. Please post up if you have any recommendations for something worth the money. I am looking for a good balance between cost and quality......

Any input is much appreciated...!!! :thumbsup

BoosTT
06-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Barts.com
denniskirk.com
West marine (local)

I would buy online and do 2nd day shipping. I bet the total cost would be the same and you'd get what you want.

Car Guy
06-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Strike three with all three. However, West Marine has the best pricing I seen on other tubes.....

BR3W CITY
06-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Kendor marine might also have something, but I know they deal alot in overstock and odds-n-ends stuff.

Car Guy
06-30-2011, 05:25 PM
After far too many hours of looking online and calling for this specific tube a miracle happened just before I gave up. I found a place in Racine with the tube in warehouse stock for the absolute lowest price I seen anywhere. Not only that I was also allowed to pick it up today for no additional charge if paid with a credit card online. I now have the tube in my possession and will be carving turns on the water this weekend.....:burnout

http://greatlakesskipper.com/