PDA

View Full Version : Car Theft

BigSnailBuick
06-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Woke up this morning to find my car... which was locked and in my driveway missing a bunch of goodies right in waukesha off Sunset and 164. They didnt break any windows and my alarm didnt go off which is VERY odd. I lock my car like a bad habit so if it was really the 1st time my key chain didn't lock it... then the 1st time my car was ever unlocked was the day someone chose to rob me :rolleyes: Got My xbox kinect, Garmin gps, money in the center console and a graphing calc outta my backpack. Keep an eye out for suspicious adds if you all wont mind :fire

Things that dont add up:

-My father NEVER locks his car yet all his stuff including gps was still in his car.
-Neighbor lady saw a blue 2 door car parked outside my house at 7am...which would explain my father having all his shit since he leaves at 6:30 . But who jacks people at 7am?

lilws6
06-27-2011, 06:17 PM
interesting that doesn't strike me as an area you should have to worry about getting your shit stolen. Buts its ass clowns like this that make me lock my crap up any time i'm not at my moms house.

Holeshot
06-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Sure its not someone you may know ? Sounds like it form what you posted . Hope you catch em.

Reverend Cooper
06-27-2011, 07:18 PM
who jacks that ealry,theives that be goin places

Prince Valiant
06-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Had a newer sawzall jacked from my wife's car the other week. Ticked.

UnderPSI
06-27-2011, 08:39 PM
I know this doesn't help matters much now, but I got a driveway monitor made by Chamberlin. The thing is like an extra security system. It makes a loud door bell type sound when people pull in my driveway. Something to consider. I know it's a shitty situation, and this probably didn't help at all... Sorry, I will keep a look out.

Max 93
06-27-2011, 09:20 PM
I had my gps stolen two weeks ago out of my work van right in my driveway, they also dug in the ashtray for change. The idiots never went in the back of the van where the tools are.

xxtremeteam
06-27-2011, 09:25 PM
there have been alot of smash and grabs out here in ozaukee county lately

brotherbenn83
06-27-2011, 09:39 PM
I know it sucks that you got jacked but is it really smart to keep an Xbox Kinect and loose cash sitting in your car?

michelle
06-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Sorry to hear. ):

xxsn0blindxx
06-27-2011, 09:56 PM
I live by 18 and 164 in Waukesha and had a very similar break in Easter 2010. Went out to the car to go to church, got in and the CD player was gone, no windows broken or locks damaged. Later on I figured out that they pried the hatch door and hit the lock button.

lordairgtar
06-27-2011, 11:19 PM
I was off loading DJ equipment into the garage tonight and the new neighbor seemed TOO interested in watching me unload. I'm sitting at the window all night tonight I think. Too bad yer stuff got ripped off. Watch Craigs!

BigSnailBuick
06-28-2011, 11:16 AM
I know it sucks that you got jacked but is it really smart to keep an Xbox Kinect and loose cash sitting in your car?

Literally that day put it in there to bring to a buddies who wanted to buy it...as for the cash I usually keep emergency $30-$50 in my car just in case robbers kids need to eat LOL

As for the driveway alarm I think Im going to just maybe fork out a little cash for a low budget security cam....had enough shit get stolen from our nice cars. Few years back some kids from the neighborhood busted into the garage and ripped the radio outta my old mans Porsche....yet left the complete Nitrous system layed out on the floor alone...didnt take any of the High $$$ carbs, tools, etc....At least most kids dont know how to properly rob people lol

juicedimpss
06-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Had a newer sawzall jacked from my wife's car the other week. Ticked.

its in the back of your truck Chris,you left it next to my freezer in the shop.
do i get the finders fee?lol

BigSnailBuick
06-28-2011, 11:32 AM
LOL! was there an xbox kinect and gps next to your freezer as well? :D

juicedimpss
06-28-2011, 12:04 PM
LOL! was there an xbox kinect and gps next to your freezer as well? :D

unfortunately not.

Nickerz
06-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Dude you must live like 2 minutes from my house. I live basically right across from the park on Sunset by the Super America.

PB86MCSS
06-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Doesn't matter that much where you live when it comes to crimes like these. Sorry to hear, my cars have been broken into a few times but nothing in 5-6 years. Only spots have been Park N' Rides (Hales Corners) and Miller Park.

GHOSST
06-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Re check everything man, they got in somehow, or bypassed your alarm, is it a trustworthy system? If so, then it might be an inside job. I never rule out shady installers who have your address, and possibly a duplicate remote. Or people who you might think are your friends, or friends of friends who gain info, and know your entire setup. Trust no one! Can Garmin's be reverse tracked via the serial number and proof of purchase? That would be f'ing sweet, you could find all your items in one spot hopefully! Contact Garmin.

PB86MCSS
06-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Also, it seems pretty apparent it's someone who knew what was in your car. Not saying any friends you have are shady like this but maybe a friend of theirs, or installer like the above post says. I try to never leave my car/keys anywhere for work to be done, at least on a car that is more than a peice of transportation.