PDA

View Full Version : sub-frame connectors

91-stang
06-21-2011, 09:48 PM
hello Im looking for a place that can install full length weld on sub-frame connectors on my 2001 mustang at a reasonable price but with quality of course. Any suggestions ? Thanks !

GTSLOW
06-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Anyone of our many vendors.

91-stang
06-24-2011, 06:35 PM
i do appreciate the response but i had called one of the listed vendors with i wont mention and they wanted 400$ with seemed high. maybe ill try to contact a couple others .

DR.FORD
06-25-2011, 06:56 PM
When you do them right (through the floor) it costs at least that.
Or you can have under floor connectors, but those are mere decoration.

Irish
07-12-2011, 07:14 PM
you can have under floor connectors, but those are mere decoration.

I disagree with this statement. I have had a few fox bodies over the years. Under floor sub-frame connectors do make an improvement. Through the floor may be better however, under floor are more than mere decoration.

STANMAN
07-13-2011, 05:38 AM
I had Ron (clocks off racing) re-weld mine. Was very reasonable, welds look great and have held up without issue.

Dr.Buick
07-13-2011, 05:25 PM
you picked the wrong guy

STANMAN
07-13-2011, 06:35 PM
you picked the wrong guy

It was awhile ago, and Michelle was kind enough to take the car down there for me and supervise the work from start to finish. She's been very good to my car, takes it on cruises for me, she may have had more seat time in it last year than me, lol.

77thor
07-14-2011, 09:27 AM
I plan to have Steve at....

Midnight Hot Rods
262-349-9409
www.midnighthotrods.com

weld mine.

juicedimpss
07-14-2011, 09:58 AM
you picked the wrong guy

dang,my feelings just got hurt.

xxtremeteam
07-14-2011, 10:20 AM
buy these they are the same as steeda,maximum motorsports and many others the price cant be beat and have a sponsor here or port ponies weld them in

http://www.laurelmountainmustang.com/products/1979-2004-mustang-full-length-subframe-connectors

Dr.Buick
07-14-2011, 11:11 AM
dang,my feelings just got hurt.

not what i ment

jim knows fords and the one guy says he dissagrees. jim is right nothing bad toward knowone i love all

juicedimpss
07-14-2011, 11:19 AM
not what i ment

jim knows fords and the one guy says he dissagrees. jim is right nothing bad toward knowone i love all

its all good,I read it wrong. Thought you were quoting Stanman saying HE picked the wrong guy.

Irish
07-15-2011, 07:26 PM
not what i ment

The only point that I was trying to make is that under-floor frame connectors do help. Nothing more.

Gregor
07-15-2011, 10:39 PM
There is a huge difference in what you buy over the counter and what you have fabed up at a shop.

Full length are good if you just want to add some strength and prevent your floor from cracking around the rear seat mounts.

Thru floor is installed when you want to a solid place to mount your rollbar or cage to. These are stonger since not only are you welding to the torque boxes but to the floor pan mid cross member (this is in a fox, SN95 or New Edge) and into the front sub frame. And most will tie into the rockers.

The cost difference is because on the thru floors it requires you to "trench" the floors and weld in 2x2" square tube. This is way more intensive then unbolting you front seat and welding in a 1x1" square tube.

Both better connect the rear sub frame and the front sub frame or your only adding weight. And make sure that you have all the weight on the suspension so you dont tweak your unibody once they are welded in.

If I had to do it over again I would have taken my car to Furo Racecraft.