PDA

View Full Version : Black 69 Camaro (hwy 100 6/18/11)

Flicktitty
06-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Ran into the guy at oscars. BIG block Camaro, not posting size incase he doesnt want it out and about. caged up,slicked/skinnyed. Cowl hood black with silver stripes. has "crazy horse gentlemans club racing team" stickers on the car.

cars pretty badass, anyone know the guy?

Dr.Buick
06-24-2011, 06:57 PM
yep thought he was the big man at tower last summer till a sbc GN showed up

GTSLOW
06-24-2011, 08:09 PM

:rolf nice! So I'm assuming it's no one on here?

Cutlass Queen
06-24-2011, 10:07 PM
I know the guy with the car you are talking about...car is bad ass imo.

JC70SS
06-24-2011, 10:23 PM
540?

jbiscuit
06-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Doesn't this guy hang around with the guy that owns the white 65 Chevelle with the 540? I haven't seen that Chevelle in a couple years tho. This Camaro is a badass car. Wonder if he got any races?

DR.FORD
06-25-2011, 06:53 PM
His name is Chris Sansone-
The bugs are worked out and it is a bad mutha.

HITMAN
07-04-2011, 02:45 AM

:rolleyes:

Well maybe he just doesn't have a million + dollar bank account that he inherited/got in a settlement to draw from to be able to compete with your royal highness.

You talk like it's no big deal to have a fast car because it's just a matter of writing big enough checks, but you sure like to rub everybody's nose in it at any given opportunity.

If your junk is so fast, how come you aren't regaling us all with tales of your wins at the radial drags down south?

FourEyedFord
07-04-2011, 12:49 PM
lol

-stew-
07-04-2011, 01:08 PM
I surely hope this gets interesting.

michelle
07-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Seriously? It's not snowing outside...

Korndogg
07-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Seriously? It's not snowing outside...

Its either this or political shit lol

Dr.Buick
07-04-2011, 04:54 PM
No time for checks. To many other peoples cars at my house.

JC70SS
07-13-2011, 08:07 PM
:rolleyes:

Well maybe he just doesn't have a million + dollar bank account that he inherited/got in a settlement to draw from to be able to compete with your royal highness.

You talk like it's no big deal to have a fast car because it's just a matter of writing big enough checks, but you sure like to rub everybody's nose in it at any given opportunity.

If your junk is so fast, how come you aren't regaling us all with tales of your wins at the radial drags down south?

LOL!!!! da truth

Irish
07-13-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm must be missing a back story on this one.

Reverend Cooper
07-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Now really because a guy has money/has not got money we are gonna hate on him or them? seems like if I had a million I would build wtf ever I wanted. But I dont I just got my pyle. lol

GTSLOW
07-13-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm must be missing a back story on this one.

I'm sure it could turn into one hell of a shit storm. :stare

Wagonbacker9
07-13-2011, 11:16 PM
http://www.portalversus.com.br/wp-content/uploads/michael-jackson-popcorn.gif

-stew-
07-14-2011, 06:01 AM
Now really because a guy has money/has not got money we are gonna hate on him or them? seems like if I had a million I would build wtf ever I wanted. But I dont I just got my pyle. lol

I don't think anyone cares how or where he got his money. It the fact he talks about the fast car he had like he's the only person that had a fast car. And building a fast car isn't hard, funding the build of a fast car is.

Dr.Buick
07-14-2011, 07:12 AM
What you guys Dont know 12 years ago the same guy in the same car stopped me at Sold Gold when I had a Big Block 68 camaro, it was nothing at the time just a zz 502. Fucked with me the whole nite. it was a show car not a race car. Than lets move 12 years. HE said he could not hang Said it right to BIG O Not me. I have no proplem with him and have talked to him a couple times. And Now in 2011 I don't have shit and its the beast summer in a long time. Less stress owning a fast car and way more free time to work on outhers peoples cars.

BAD LS1
07-14-2011, 07:45 AM
What you guys Dont know 12 years ago the same guy in the same car stopped me at Sold Gold when I had a Big Block 68 camaro, it was nothing at the time just a zz 502. Fucked with me the whole nite. it was a show car not a race car. Than lets move 12 years. HE said he could not hang Said it right to BIG O Not me. I have no proplem with him and have talked to him a couple times. And Now in 2011 I don't have shit and its the beast summer in a long time. Less stress owning a fast car and way more free time to work on outhers peoples cars.

And that '68 would do a rolling burnout for a country mile on the BFG radial t/a's in front of waynes! lol

Reverend Cooper
07-14-2011, 06:41 PM
I don't think anyone cares how or where he got his money. It the fact he talks about the fast car he had like he's the only person that had a fast car. And building a fast car isn't hard, funding the build of a fast car is.

right so dont hate if you cant afford a build because he can.And not to start shit not to many people in this city can say they had a car that fast.

Nickerz
07-15-2011, 10:05 AM

If you feel like you have to have the fastest car you're doing it wrong. There is always someone faster with deeper pockets... period. Even if you have the fastest car in Milwaukee, take a trip to Chicago. If you have the fastest in Chicago take a trip to DFW or Houston.

Any time I meet someone who wants to get in a pissing match on who has the fastest car I immediately know that person is a douche. I can roll on a ton of stuff on the street, yet Mopar Jim would make me his bitch. I could roll on a ton of cars on the street and a bolton z06 would lay a smack down at me at Road America. Not to mention be more reliable for a track day.

Its all relative. Buy what you want and enjoy it. If you have derive some sort of pride out of being fast or the fastest that's a sad person IMO. My car is an extension of me and who I am. I am not my car.

WhatsADSM
07-15-2011, 10:58 AM
If you feel like you have to have the fastest car you're doing it wrong. There is always someone faster with deeper pockets... period. Even if you have the fastest car in Milwaukee, take a trip to Chicago. If you have the fastest in Chicago take a trip to DFW or Houston.

Any time I meet someone who wants to get in a pissing match on who has the fastest car I immediately know that person is a douche. I can roll on a ton of stuff on the street, yet Mopar Jim would make me his bitch. I could roll on a ton of cars on the street and a bolton z06 would lay a smack down at me at Road America. Not to mention be more reliable for a track day.

Its all relative. Buy what you want and enjoy it. If you have derive some sort of pride out of being fast or the fastest that's a sad person IMO. My car is an extension of me and who I am. I am not my car.

Jim is well aware that he doesn't have the fastest car out there, and there is ALWAYS someone with deeper pockets than you.

You have to know Jim. He likes to stir it up a bit.

However he is also the guy that is working on other people's shit more than his own. IIRC there are 4 cars that were being worked on at his house, 3 of them were OTHER people's (mine included), as well as a few transmissions for other people. So while he may come off as brash he just likes to stir the pot a bit and ultimately is a great guy and a car lover at heart.

nismodave
07-15-2011, 04:20 PM

Well Said.

michelle
07-15-2011, 04:32 PM
However he is also the guy that is working on other people's shit more than his own. IIRC there are 4 cars that were being worked on at his house, 3 of them were OTHER people's (mine included), as well as a few transmissions for other people. So while he may come off as brash he just likes to stir the pot a bit and ultimately is a great guy and a car lover at heart.

Yep! Jim is great!

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/267805_721298437188_219700023_36377244_7015007_n.j pg

Nickerz
07-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Yep! Jim is great!

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/267805_721298437188_219700023_36377244_7015007_n.j pg

That guy looks pretty legit! That a garage he's using or his own?

Dr.Buick
07-15-2011, 06:09 PM
This is at my house, were we hang out and have fun!. I have built a new car every winter because i get bored and I see what i can do next.I DO NOT CARE if i have the FASTEST CAR, (thats why I sell my shit every year)but I do 95% of the work MYSELF. but I do have good friends. and I do work 14-16 hours a day 7 days a week most weeks.

nismodave
07-15-2011, 06:52 PM
That guy looks pretty legit! That a garage he's using or his own?

Thats Jims shop. VERY VERY nice setup.

Reverend Cooper
07-15-2011, 08:32 PM
that shop is only missing one thing,My Master expertise!!!!!!!!!!!!! after a beer or two I'm even better.

Dr.Buick
07-15-2011, 09:03 PM
that shop is only missing one thing,My Master expertise!!!!!!!!!!!!! after a beer or two I'm even better.

or 3 or 4

Nickerz
07-16-2011, 11:13 AM
This is at my house, were we hang out and have fun!. I have built a new car every winter because i get bored and I see what i can do next.I DO NOT CARE if i have the FASTEST CAR, (thats why I sell my shit every year)but I do 95% of the work MYSELF. but I do have good friends. and I do work 14-16 hours a day 7 days a week most weeks.

It would be an honor to lay stripes in your presence :headbang

Nix
07-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Is this the 69 Camaro you're talking about? If so or if not, damn nice ride. It looks like there is plenty going on under the hood.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/2497491840.html

Taetsch Z-24
07-18-2011, 01:17 PM
It would be an honor to lay stripes in your presence :headbang

Let me drive?!

Nickerz
07-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Payment for clutch install?

BAD LS1
07-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Is this the 69 Camaro you're talking about? If so or if not, damn nice ride. It looks like there is plenty going on under the hood.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/2497491840.html

Ha WBD jsut finished that car not too long ago.That one getss a blast around the neighborhood by the owner once a month or something then sits the rest of the time.

Taetsch Z-24
07-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Payment for clutch install?

Or idler bearings...

That clutch/shifter is rubbish though man... my Wife's cavalier has a better shifter

Dr.Buick
07-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Ha WBD jsut finished that car not too long ago.That one getss a blast around the neighborhood by the owner once a month or something then sits the rest of the time.

Someone hit the pipe

Nickerz
07-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Or idler bearings...

That clutch/shifter is rubbish though man... my Wife's cavalier has a better shifter

That's why I have a McLeod RXT, 26 spline input shaft, MGW shifter and some other goodies to go in =) Needs to go in regardless, you should see when Paul can get in on that. Beer, pizza cash however you need to do it.

Dr.Buick
07-18-2011, 07:46 PM
i should have a open rack next week if you need

FourEyedFord
07-19-2011, 12:04 AM
There is FAR more that goes into a fast car besides money, how does this keep coming up? Until you build, tune, and maintain one you have no idea.

Dr.Buick
07-19-2011, 07:35 AM
There is FAR more that goes into a fast car besides money, how does this keep coming up? Until you build, tune, and maintain one you have no idea.

Bobby you are correct to a point.But you can pay some one to do it all. not everyone has skills to do it all. Like me I just have a check book!And now after selling my car I have more in it. and way more time to do more projects. and way less stress. You guys can keep having a peeing match over whos car is faster or what is a street car. Fact is Someone always has more money or knows someone with better skills.

FourEyedFord
07-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Who's having a pissing match with who? I am just here to have fun like I always have been. I guess if you got so stressed out about owning the GNX, you were doing it for the wrong reasons.

To pay someone for doing everything on a car would take a very pretty penny.

Dr.Buick
07-19-2011, 01:31 PM
My grand national took alot of time. Unless you have a family you have NO CLUE. And a house to keep up. And a yard. Poise 3 Luther cars and friends cars to work on. So not owning a car that's ment to go fast stright and that's it yes a lot less stress for me.

FourEyedFord
07-19-2011, 02:02 PM
My grand national took alot of time.

So I guess it did take more than money. hmmmmm.....

Dr.Buick
07-19-2011, 02:17 PM
So I guess it did take more than money. hmmmmm.....
Never said it didt. But you are not building a 2000 hp car for peanuts. My car did not go to shop after shop like some cars. Except for the cage all was done at my house by my friends and. Me. And it still took deep pockets.

I had more in my fuel system than my new car total

nismodave
07-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Unless you do all of your own, bodywork, painting, machining, suspension, tuning, ETC.....Not many do ALL of the work on thier cars.

This is one of the oldest and most tired of debates, besides Ford VS Chevy.

Fat Checkbooks make it easier........But not always required........

Can we stop http://th51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/charonn0/th_beathorse.gif ???

FourEyedFord
07-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Never said it didt. But you are not building a 2000 hp car for peanuts. My car did not go to shop after shop like some cars. Except for the cage all was done at my house by my friends and. Me. And it still took deep pockets.

I had more in my fuel system than my new car total

I hope you are not assuming that I dropped my car off to get finished somewhere because that is FAR from the truth. You barely scratched the surface with the GNX, and you think you know what it takes.

Dr.Buick
07-19-2011, 03:06 PM
I hope you are not assuming that I dropped my car off to get finished somewhere because that is FAR from the truth. You barely scratched the surface with the GNX, and you think you know what it takes.

Did I say that. NO. And its my choice to do what i want with my car and my money. And how do you think I dont know what it takes. I gave been racing before you were born sonny. So u better find out what of takes.

FourEyedFord
07-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Did I say that. NO. And its my choice to do what i want with my car and my money. And how do you think I dont know what it takes. I gave been racing before you were born sonny. So u better find out what of takes.

Oh yeah, how fast was your car back when you were 13? (Seeing as we are talking about drag cars) lol

You are right, I haven't the slightest idea as to what it takes to make a drag racing program tick, silly me.

Dr.Buick
07-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Your talking about drag cars. I'm talking racing period. I'm done now. Have a nice afternoon.

FourEyedFord
07-19-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm done now. Have a nice afternoon.

You too!

DR.FORD
07-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Yes you can write a check and go fast, but it won't get the respect and admiration worth having.
The gratification of having it all come together for a single person or a team cannot be equaled by money.
Those who never came close to having their combination run what it should have (or better) will find this very hard to understand, or not grasp it at all.

Nickerz
07-19-2011, 05:29 PM
i should have a open rack next week if you need

Keeping in step with this thread the only thing I can do with my hands in regards to cars is put a pen in it and stroke a check :crying

Invested my time in other things throughout my life, but when I did try working on cars I hated it. Which is why I'm busting Taetschs balls ;) When I did try working on cars I got sick of bolts flying into the engine bay, stuff breaking, parts not working, not having a place to work on them etc etc so I never got into it.

:durr

But thanks for the offer, if Taetsch has time to do the clutch install and needs a bay we may compensate you in delicious beverages. :thumbsup

michelle
07-19-2011, 05:48 PM
But thanks for the offer, if Taetsch has time to do the clutch install and needs a bay we may compensate you in delicious beverages. :thumbsup

Coke and swiss rolls.

Reverend Cooper
07-19-2011, 09:14 PM
I think John Force would beg to differ,a big checkbook works for him,but then again they use it to buy all the equiptment and machining tools needed to do it all,but they still dont do it all themselves and without a shitload of cash.
I hand it to anyone that a) can afford to, b) has even close to the amount of knowledge to do. c) isnt to proud to ask for others help.
no matter what anyone says here Jim accomplished alot more than most will ever start to think about doing.
Now I dont think that Bobby was trying to start shit maybe I'm wrong, we have talked many times and i really dont think he is like that. so relax Jim.
But really for any of you guys to start a pissing match about this is really kinda GAY.

Taetsch Z-24
07-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Two weeks nick, this weekend will be too hot.... like way too hot for me.

I want to see this in the air first too.

I also have to get my crappy ass S10 back together with the new, non broaken wrist pin 4.3. ya knows!

My shit is stock, save for 3 mods.
Engine
Exhaust
intake tube.

No lie.
lol

HITMAN
07-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Unless you do all of your own, bodywork, painting, machining, suspension, tuning, ETC.....Not many do ALL of the work on thier cars.

I can only think of one that does everything except the engine and transmission...Bob Hood.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq236/10wideracing/Copy2ofCopyof2FamilyHansenPictur-1.jpg

-stew-
07-20-2011, 07:30 AM
I can only think of one that does everything except the engine and transmission...Bob Hood.

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq236/10wideracing/Copy2ofCopyof2FamilyHansenPictur-1.jpg

I know nothing about this Guy or this car, but I like it. Anyone else taken back in time to 1992 when every car in Car Craft and Hot Rod was monochrome, wheelie bar'd, 4 linked, tin interior'd and ran 12's?

DR.FORD
07-20-2011, 08:28 AM
I think John Force would beg to differ,a big checkbook works for him,but then again they use it to buy all the equiptment and machining tools needed to do it all,but they still dont do it all themselves and without a shitload of cash.
I hand it to anyone that a) can afford to, b) has even close to the amount of knowledge to do. c) isnt to proud to ask for others help.
no matter what anyone says here Jim accomplished alot more than most will ever start to think about doing.
Now I dont think that Bobby was trying to start shit maybe I'm wrong, we have talked many times and i really dont think he is like that. so relax Jim.
But really for any of you guys to start a pissing match about this is really kinda GAY.

I am fully relaxed, and spoke my opinion from what I have learned from racing on and off since 1979. I mentioned no names so I would suggest you relax.
BTW John Force started out doing most himself as a "little guy", accomplished very much and grew larger than he could handle by himself. He must have considered drag racing "challenging" not "stressful"!LOL

DR.FORD
07-20-2011, 08:49 AM
I know nothing about this Guy or this car, but I like it. Anyone else taken back in time to 1992 when every car in Car Craft and Hot Rod was monochrome, wheelie bar'd, 4 linked, tin interior'd and ran 12's?
Bob Hood, along with Brian Metzenheim, Brian Hanson, Timmy and myself all had cars that ran about the same times- it was 1990 and 1991. At that time Bob had leaf springs and 10" slicks like all of us had back then (I think we all had 4.56 gears too!) NONE of us were rich, and worked hard and hustled for our money to go street racing. Most of the people reading this have never experienced what it takes if you don't have a big checkbook, and it is a fucking slap in the face to us that have worked hard at it. I did everything on my Torino back then other than the trans and the machining of the engine components. I looked up to and admired guys that did it all, especially Michelle's dad! Those are the guys I don't want disrespected.

michelle
07-20-2011, 08:53 AM
My daddy rocks. He still promises to do another Mustang build with me. I'd love to do another Pony Express version.

Dr.Buick
07-20-2011, 09:13 AM
your right

DR.FORD
07-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Jim, you are one hell of a wrench-I understand money buys you stuff but just weird coming from a hands-on guy like you.

DR.FORD
07-20-2011, 10:02 AM
my daddy rocks. He still promises to do another mustang build with me. I'd love to do another pony express version.

he dooo!!!!

Dr.Buick
07-20-2011, 10:06 AM
I have nothing but love for you Jim and respect you tons. Thought of you as a brother. To bad one guy got in the way.

DR.FORD
07-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Lets put it in the past and move forward then.

Dr.Buick
07-20-2011, 10:16 AM
I will call u later set up dinner?

DR.FORD
07-20-2011, 10:20 AM
cool

Flicktitty
07-20-2011, 10:56 AM
I will call u later set up dinner?

cool

Awwww how cute.

on second thought. i could only imagine going anywhere NEAR as fast as the majority of people in this thread have been and will continue to go.

Nickerz
07-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Two weeks nick, this weekend will be too hot.... like way too hot for me.

I want to see this in the air first too.

I also have to get my crappy ass S10 back together with the new, non broaken wrist pin 4.3. ya knows!

My shit is stock, save for 3 mods.
Engine
Exhaust
intake tube.

No lie.
lol

Cool. Gonna order the TOB, TOB sleeve retainer and pilot bushing too. Clutch, input and tranny should take it all no problem. But the bushings and bearings will probably be a reoccurring issue.

Taetsch Z-24
07-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Last I heard from Bob, he was getting out of it...

-stew-
07-20-2011, 12:00 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6b50234-0956-d8c0.jpg

Says right here you gotta hug it out, bitches.

DR.FORD
07-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Last I heard from Bob, he was getting out of it...

He actually races Outlaw Sprint cars I think.
The parts he has have been selling, but the car is not for sale.

DR.FORD
07-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Awwww how cute.

Thats it, no soup for you!!!

austena123
07-20-2011, 03:01 PM
I like how this thread is shaping up. I know that you folks do not know me, but I am a member of several other forums that would have escalated to threats, then... /close thread!

I like this forum and how close you guys are. I would love to meet some of you; maybe this summer at a cruise?

I am a little guy who barely has money to eat. But I have an 11 second car in my garage (that doesn't currently drive HAHA) and a beatup shitbox in my driveway. My friend and I do whatever it takes to build our cars fast; and I understand where you guys are coming from!

Reverend Cooper
07-20-2011, 06:21 PM
I am fully relaxed, and spoke my opinion from what I have learned from racing on and off since 1979. I mentioned no names so I would suggest you relax.
BTW John Force started out doing most himself as a "little guy", accomplished very much and grew larger than he could handle by himself. He must have considered drag racing "challenging" not "stressful"!LOL

I'm totally relaxed,It's why I typed what I typed,I personally find it comical that you guys are pissing and moaning about something in life thats so insignificant.Honestly kinda makes me laugh.Not all drag racers started out small but thats besides the point,and I would like you to get John Force to say racing isn't stressfull that is funny. But hey I got no beef with you Jim,Scotty Bobby.Scotty knows me well and knows the person I am so its all good.

Korndogg
07-20-2011, 06:31 PM
I like this forum and how close you guys are.!

You need to stick around a while before you make assumptions like this.....

Taetsch Z-24
07-20-2011, 09:17 PM
He actually races Outlaw Sprint cars I think.
The parts he has have been selling, but the car is not for sale.

Yes, but at the time he had yet to start racing.
He dose nice work though. To bad his manager is a complete bitch.

michelle
07-20-2011, 09:34 PM
You need to stick around a while before you make assumptions like this.....

Maybe there is something about 95°+ weather compared to under 40°.

PS - Just need a place to post the LOLZ.
http://i.imgur.com/Yo1ys.gif

Taetsch Z-24
07-21-2011, 07:17 AM
LOL.

When I was stationed in southern GA, my wife had an idea that the reason why everyone was, ah, a little "slow" was because the head fried their brains...

With this weather here now, I am starting to believe it. Hell, I am much more dumber now¿!