PDA

View Full Version : who to contact to diagnose possible drywall water damage?

Silver86
06-15-2011, 06:23 PM
the ceiling in my sons room is starting to show signs of water damage... i think. slight bubble in the paint (doesnt feel damp to the touch), small sticky brown marks bleeding through the paint.

the thing is, the living room is located above his bedroom. the only possible place i could see the water coming from would be our newly built deck. this past winter during a thaw, we had water coming in above our bedroom window. that was short lived and hasnt been back since.

i also just realized that when my son had a cold, we had a humidifier in his room located right below where those brown marks were... could that have caused them by chance.

i would just call our condo association and have our "handy man" come out and take a look... but im really not to sure about that guy. and our association really knows how to drag its feet. really not sure where to go from here.

i can take some pictures to better clarify if anyone would like.

Wagonbacker9
07-15-2011, 10:14 PM
I used to work for a mold, flood, and fire remediation company out of saukville... Aspen Restorations. A call to them should have you all set up.