PDA

View Full Version : Rock Auto?

subliminal1284
06-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Is it just me or is the Rock Auto website no longer a good deal for parts? Every single part I have looked up today it either is just as much with shipping as it is at the auto parts store down the street or its even more than the auto parts store. I think Ill pay the same and not have to wait a few days for it to get here.

Rock Auto=Fail

theavenger333
06-10-2011, 03:25 PM
depends on the parts, depends on where you live (aka shipping cost) and very much depends on if you can get the parts from the same shipping warehouse. also, i've never bought premium parts from there, usually lower brands. AC delco and such actually usually cost more. what parts were you trying to buy?

subliminal1284
06-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Speed sensor and O2 sensors

Nickerz
06-10-2011, 03:32 PM
What car for the speed sensor?

theavenger333
06-10-2011, 03:48 PM
hmm usually those types of things are usually better. dunno, depends on car

FoxStang
06-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Depends on the parts that you're ordering, basic parts that most auto parts stores have are about the same, though in my experience you can get better quality for less at Rock Auto. The parts that the parts stores have to order out are almost always cheaper on Rock Auto.

Slow Joe
06-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Rock Auto kicked ass for the Front wheel bearings for our '04 Saab 9-3... Even cheaper than a good friend of mine ordering them through his dealership wholesale... However those are the only parts I've ever bought from them becuase I also can't seem to ever find great deals on things there... Like you said the prices normally end up similar to the parts store up the road... Also just remember with the parts store up the road you can order the parts online sometimes and pick it up in store still using the online promo code...

BR3W CITY
06-12-2011, 11:41 AM
To me for any part under about $50 its not really worth it, because shipping kills it. I was looking for a window motor for a 350z (common failure, but not many options to replace) and rock auto ended up being pretty much the same price at napa. I get a discount at napa so it pretty much took the cake, and saved me shipping. Rock auto has the issue that we pay tax because we are in state, so you get hit with tax AND shipping.

However I have had luck with getting stuff like sensors, and larger hard parts. Honestly tho, I just take their part numbers and put them into amazon. about 40% of the time you can find it for less .