PDA

View Full Version : Mesh/Textile Jackets

MoCkiN U
06-07-2011, 06:10 PM
After days like today my heavy perforated leather jacket is a bit much in the heat but I am not comfortable riding without a jacket and started looking at the mesh ones. Those who own them do you recommend them at all?

I have a scorpion leather jacket now which is on the low end of the price and quality scale. I got leather for the protection, durability, and honestly its look and feel. It pretty rigid and always read that leather could hold up best in a crash.

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://images.leatherup.com/imagesproc/51811_H_SH315_MW355.jpg&sa=X&ei=R6_uTcyPFMrZ0QHOkNXeAw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNH9M09IgtHXcM1DSKYakaDy6IRMnA

These are on closeout for $129.99. Opinions??? I know a jacket is better than not BUT is it worth the $$$ for comfort in heat? Are they that much cooler or just stick with leather one?

I know, sweat dries so you wont have to tell me to wear one. Just looking for cooler options

http://static.kneedraggers.com/image_storage/2/d4/2d4ce21c99d76e5749b81e85969d589e_detail.jpg

outlawgibbs
06-07-2011, 08:02 PM
I also have a Scorpion leather that i use for most of the season but for days like today I break out my Icon mesh without thinking twice about it. Any temp above 80 the mesh works great. It was still a little hot wearing the mesh but the leather would have killed me after working outside all day then trying to ride home

outlawgibbs
06-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Speed and Strength is made buy a guy that used to design Joe rockets jackets so their quality and fitmet is on par with them If you wanted a refrence

MoCkiN U
06-07-2011, 09:44 PM
okay cool. THX!

I was going to go on some bike forums but you know the responses you would get from some of the know it all purists out there on some of those sites

03Seville
06-07-2011, 10:11 PM
My mesh one is a s&s jacket and I love it, especially for the price you can get them for

Rocket Power
06-08-2011, 12:52 AM
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/mesh_jackets_and_pants

newenough.com changed their name to motorcyclegear.com. They have a good rep and usually have good deals on closeout stuff

MoCkiN U
06-08-2011, 06:13 AM
very cool site. THX

GsxrBots
06-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I love my S&S jackets. I have a leather, and a perf. textile one. Definitely on par with the bigger brands as far as quality. The fit is very roomy as well if you are a bigger dude.

MoCkiN U
06-09-2011, 12:20 PM
I better stop by a local shop and try a few on. My leather one is 2X and better make sure textiles run similar or else its to my normal XL

GsxrBots
06-09-2011, 12:23 PM
RIDE stocks Speed and Strength. I bought one that is perforated with like a Underarmor liner that wicks water away... Check them out..

lilws6
06-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Ive got an alpine star mesh sniper jacket and thats all i wear in the summer. anything else is just too hot. i need a pair of mesh gloves tho now since my speed and strength leather ones crapped out on me not a fan of there gloves

deuceWI
06-09-2011, 07:06 PM
I've had a first gear mesh jacket for a few years now. Wear it almost all the time in the summer although this morning with temps hovering around 50 it was chilly even with the liner. I'm in the opposite position, I really need to find a nice leather riding jacket to replace my old one.

SSScottSS
06-09-2011, 07:25 PM
I have a leather Icon and a Speed & Strength textile jacket. The S&S has a bunch of vents to open which really help cool things down. Its sleeves can be removed to make it short sleeve (which I would never do), but the textile jacket is the way to go for the hot days. I'm very happy with the S&S one I have.

MoCkiN U
06-09-2011, 10:18 PM
I will go check out ride this weekend. I didnt think of them. with all they put up with on wednesday nights why not spend with them

Wrinkled Wrider
06-11-2011, 05:53 AM
I wear a Tourmaster Intake II mesh jacket. Removeable thermal liner and removeable wind/rain liner. Spine pads and armor at shoulders/elbows. I can tell you from recent experience that the rain liner is very effective. With both liners removed it is comfortable in all but the hottest temps. With both liners in, a long sleeve T and a turtle neck I'm comfortable at 45 degrees.