PDA

View Full Version : Age discrimination....

Crawlin
05-30-2011, 08:38 PM
I love it.

No front plates on my mom's ML350 or her Z4. No front plate on pop's 550i or the SL63, and yet the ONE time I borrow my mom's truck, I get pulled over for no front plate. They've been driving that truck for a year now. Only for the fact of me using it to haul my tool chests to storage, he let me off with a warning. Also got told that the license plate bracket on it (the one that said Concours) is illegal as well according to him. I just kinda laughed and said pretty much every dealer leaves that on and most people aren't gonna mess with taking it off.

God I love being young still.

Holeshot
05-30-2011, 08:42 PM
My wife got stopped today for expired plate that have been that way for a year. I had no idea that she let them laps.

Slow5oh
05-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Depends on the area. I've been running no front plate on every vehicle I own since i was 16, 21 now. Only acception is my dodge I just got. Never pulled over for it.

All loud, noticeable cars 93GT, 90 GMC sierra, 05 STi straight pipe, 02 Focus

theavenger333
05-30-2011, 09:03 PM
after last year they stopped giving you a front plate. when i got my plates for me buick last month, i only got sent one, as front plates aren't required anymore i thought??

Korndogg
05-30-2011, 09:09 PM
From the DMV..

Do I have to have a front license plate?

Yes, for passenger cars and light trucks.

What types of vehicles don't need front license plates in Wisconsin?
Municipal, state, apportioned vehicles and base plate tractors

Yooformula
05-30-2011, 09:32 PM
after last year they stopped giving you a front plate. when i got my plates for me buick last month, i only got sent one, as front plates aren't required anymore i thought??

I just got a set and it included both plates.

HITMAN
05-30-2011, 09:49 PM
for me buick

Are you by any chance a Pirate?

Reverend Cooper
05-30-2011, 09:52 PM
^ Butt Pirate?

-stew-
05-30-2011, 09:53 PM

I'm pretty sure you are...

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/519509/436955.png

03Seville
05-30-2011, 10:12 PM

Are you sure you just dont have both plates stuck together on the back of your car?? lol

The last 3 sets of plates I got had 2 in their.

Z28Envy
05-31-2011, 01:05 AM
I have been pulled over every year for no front plate. Always got a warning for it so far. Last year was a tropper up here in Plymouth on one of the big race weekends. I got lectured for window tint past the "A" line on front window and that he could give me an open container ticket for my nitrous bottle that is between the back seats. I have never been bothered by Plymouth PD and a see them all the time. I am guessing it's something to do with all the cars that come into town for RA that don't have front plates. Out the last 5 years 4 of the times I was pulled over were by troppers and once by a Sheboygan Sheriff. I drove around my ex's grand am with no front plate for years and years and never once got pulled over in that.

HITMAN
05-31-2011, 01:21 AM
I'm pretty sure you are...

I'm pretty sure that a guy who's entire existence is funded by tax payers might want to consider that when he and his band of thugs act all militant because they feel they're not being allowed to extort said tax payers as effectively anymore, he should probably just STFU about piracy... :loser

jamestown478
05-31-2011, 01:31 AM
I just got plates for my car two weeks ago and the package came with two plates.

lilws6
05-31-2011, 10:18 AM
Ive been running one plate on about every car i owned since i had my license and never got bothered until about a year or so ago when i was driving my hot rod saturn to work got stopped by a pewaukee officer she said i needed one blah blah i told her it was on there yesterday and it must have fallen off i'll get it put on right away. never did and didn't get bothered again but got stopped for loud exhuast when i put a magnaflow on it lol

94greenbandit
05-31-2011, 02:41 PM
I had a Mukwonago cop that was about 50 yards ahead of me, pull him self over and wait for me to pass him so he could give me a warning ticket for no front license plate. Talk about being bored

IcePickFreak
05-31-2011, 03:27 PM
I haven't run a front plate on the past bunch of cars I've had over the past 12+ years, only have gotten bothered once about it when I had a 99 WS6. The cop was being a bit of a douche looking for other stuff to bust me on and couldn't find anything so he handed me a 15 day warning for no front plate, then over dramatically leaned down in front of my car and said I didn't have a front plate. I told him sure I did, it was under the cover he was staring at, and even popped it off to show him. He said I still had to take it to the police station to take care of the warning, so I just put the cover back on right in front of him. That was a good 10 years ago though and haven't been bothered about it on any car since.

theavenger333
06-01-2011, 01:04 AM
arrrrrr

dunno, must not have looked very careful or something. i have a front novelty plate for the greatest team evar.... the packers anyway.

Nickerz
06-01-2011, 01:18 AM
I had a Mukwonago cop that was about 50 yards ahead of me, pull him self over and wait for me to pass him so he could give me a warning ticket for no front license plate. Talk about being bored

That IS Mukwonago cops. You will not find a worse place to drive through in the state.

-stew-
06-01-2011, 07:39 AM
I'm pretty sure that a guy who's entire existence is funded by tax payers might want to consider that when he and his band of thugs act all militant because they feel they're not being allowed to extort said tax payers as effectively anymore, he should probably just STFU about piracy... :loser

Cry harder.

Back on topic...

I've rocked a single plate for the better part of my fifteen years of driving. Been hassled twice, once by a gate guard at ft McCoy and a few weeks ago by my house. Copped pulled me over and said it appeared my car doesn't have a front plate. I told him it doesn't have a plate on the front and gave him my ID. He went to the car, and ran me, came back and told me to take care of that when I get a chance. I think he was just checking me out to see who I was because the gas station a few blocks away had just been robbed a few days before. Tinted windows and a car he prolly didn't recognize. He didn't notice or care that the plates weren't exactly for that car.

FoxStang
06-01-2011, 11:25 AM
I love it.

No front plates on my mom's ML350 or her Z4. No front plate on pop's 550i or the SL63, and yet the ONE time I borrow my mom's truck, I get pulled over for no front plate. They've been driving that truck for a year now. Only for the fact of me using it to haul my tool chests to storage, he let me off with a warning. Also got told that the license plate bracket on it (the one that said Concours) is illegal as well according to him. I just kinda laughed and said pretty much every dealer leaves that on and most people aren't gonna mess with taking it off.

God I love being young still.
What city was it?

TransAm12sec
06-05-2011, 09:04 PM
I think it depends on how bored the cop is.

Burgandy85SS
06-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Cant remember the last car that i actually had a front plate on including my beaters.