PDA

View Full Version : vortec supercharger questions

sloLs1
05-28-2011, 10:20 PM
First off, I have a v1 blower and the housing outlet is straight... I need it to turn 90*.... Can I just swap compressor housings with an "s" trim?! Also... If anyone has one laying around, could I borrow it for a day to see if it'll fit my new setup?!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dr.Buick
05-29-2011, 05:54 PM
They come that way for a reason oil pick up. And drain. I would call Tuesday.

Reverend Cooper
05-29-2011, 08:37 PM
not that this helps,i went from a sq to a t trim,and the impeller and housing back was different.

BOSS LX
05-30-2011, 03:31 AM
No you cannot change the volute between two different head units. They are machined for each head unit. The cheapest way to go would be a 90 degree silicone coupler, but depending on boost levels you may have issues melting a hole on the outer edge. What v1 do you have?

sloLs1
05-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Well, I guess I'm kinda unfamilair with the vortech superchargers... I have a v-1 I'm not sure of the trim, ill have to look when I get home... Is it stamp somewhere on it?? I'm debating jus cuttin the outlet down a 1/2in and welding a 90*on.... Its kind of a tight fit. I was running a silicone 90 but I'm re-routing the piping and would rather not have a silicone bend right there.

On a side note... The trim of the blower refers to the output(horsepower)?? What determines the style of outlet on the housing?! Like if it points straight out or has a tight bend like one that would go on a factory sn95 mustang?!

BOSS LX
05-31-2011, 11:46 AM
They made a few different head units under the v1 name. I think the s, si, and t. The straight volute would indicate a drivers side mounted blower. With yours being straight, I would guess your v1 could very well be a T trim.

sloLs1
05-31-2011, 12:16 PM
Ok... So back to my original question... Could I swap compressor housings?!

BOSS LX
05-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Ok... So back to my original question... Could I swap compressor housings?!

No, especially with two deferent size head units. I wanted to swap volutes between two ysi's, and was told it was not an option.