PDA

View Full Version : Hangover II

Ricky Bobby
05-27-2011, 10:59 AM
went last night and seen it at 10, was funny as hell and alot more raunchy then the first. More of a story line in the first one but the second is just a bunch of small clips that make ya laugh ur ass off also stu in this one, was way funnier than anyone else

Adamsy87
05-27-2011, 03:53 PM
??? I thought it was OK....Definitely a renter

Crawlin
05-28-2011, 08:21 AM
i think as with all sequels, you have a certain set of expectations and that's what makes them not quite as good. Hangover was a good "shocker" movie, that just kept getting funnier. We have such a high expectation of this one, that it kind of makes it not as good. I loved it. I thought it was funny as hell, but understood that they were trying to compete with the first one. It definitely is raunchier, and it definitely crosses a line that was further out than the first movie.

VroomPshhTsi
05-30-2011, 03:47 PM
I agree with Crawlin. Everyone I talked to said it wasn't as good as the first but I just think that's because their expectations were so high. I thought it was great, definitely laughed my ass off. They stayed true to the format (several times) and still made a good comedy.

GTSLOW
05-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Its just as good as the first. Just like the above said. If 2 was the first one wed have seen everyone would have called it the greatest. It was definately a theater see type movie and not a renter.

05caddyext
05-30-2011, 05:26 PM
That is why I didn't like this one nearly as much. It was too much like the first one. I agree that if this one was a standalone comedy, it would have been much better. All they did was copy the format, just about exactly. They should have done something different, not sure what it would be, but they should have done it. By seeing it's box office take though, this formula worked. And that's the only reason they made it, for the money. No we will see how it holds up in the next few weeks.