PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild and Install or else . . .

SMS 1
08-15-2004, 10:49 PM
This is what happens . . .

http://www.aurigenmedia.com/enigne1/images/IMG_3079.jpg

Found this to be the case when the wife and I started to tear into the engine that came out of the '83. At least we discovered that it is a 350 casting#3970014 (well 355 now @ .030) with flat tops. Also rumored to have a Pete Jackson gear drive lurking under the timing cover (find out tomorrow). Shoud be a real treat to get this sucker apart the rest of the way :stare

Here are a couple more pics from tonight's adventure . . .

Clicky for Piccy (http://www.aurigenmedia.com/enigne1/index.htm)

SMS 1
08-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Also, what would I expect to see for static compression ratio's with these pistons and 64cc 492 heads? Anyone? Chris, uh hem :D

Prince Valiant
08-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Is that a Jasper Reman motor? Or is that the original color? neat stuff...

As far as guessing CR, I would actually want to do the meaurements and do the math

SMS 1
08-15-2004, 11:25 PM
Ya that was what I thought when I opened the hood, Jasper all the way. However I don't recall ever seeing them rebuild an engine quite like this. Do they do semi performance build ups? I thought it was pretty much just OEM replacement stuff.

As far as the CR goes I was just looking for guesstimates for now. I'll see if I can get my hands on some liquid tools for cc the reliefs and heads later.

Prince Valiant
08-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Ya that was what I thought when I opened the hood, Jasper all the way. However I don't recall ever seeing them rebuild an engine quite like this. Do they do semi performance build ups? I thought it was pretty much just OEM replacement stuff.

As far as the CR goes I was just looking for guesstimates for now. I'll see if I can get my hands on some liquid tools for cc the reliefs and heads later.
Jasper most DEFINITELY does performance build-ups...from extremely mild to extremely wild, and in most cases with a waranty :wow

They do great work, and they aren't that expensive...a buddy priced out a jasper performance reman and was quoted 3500 for a long block that was spec'd pretty nice. What I've always like is they'll build to your specs, or if you want to let them do it, they'll come up with a very reasonable combo.

Get a picture of the pistons at TDC...one that gives an idea of how close to achieve a zero deck height, and I'll throw a guess out...we can see what my eyeball-rometer is worth :goof

SMS 1
08-15-2004, 11:41 PM
Hmm didn't realize that. Anyway TDC is going to be a bit difficult right now cuz the sucker is rust locked pretty good. Gonna have many-a-date with some dubbaya-D-foty before dis beeyotch is gonna turn :puppyeyes I'll see what I can do later this week though.

What's the standard deck height on these critters?

Prince Valiant
08-15-2004, 11:50 PM
just a hair over 9 inches I believe...9.025 methinks.

Get the pistons out and we could guesstimate the CR...

Cryptic
08-16-2004, 10:01 AM
did anyone else get turned on when you saw the pic of the blonde wrenching :goof j/k

SMS 1
08-16-2004, 03:44 PM
did anyone else get turned on when you saw the pic of the blonde wrenching :goof j/k
LOL! Ha! That's why I put it in there!!! :Hump

3rdGen Princess
08-16-2004, 11:59 PM

Well, I am glad I could help you out, Andy! :goof

:banana :banana

Scales
08-17-2004, 12:03 AM
She had a wrench??? :goof