PDA

View Full Version : Input needed please: eBay/PayPal BULLSHIT.....

Car Guy
05-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Long story short is I sold an item on eBay for $800 and did everything I was supposed to. The buyer claimed the item "was never sent blah blah blah" but personally called FedEx and refused the package. He disputed the item payment through PayPal and PayPal sided with me. He then disputed the payment through his credit card company (where the funds came from) and PayPal said "We've finished reviewing this case, and we've determined that it's unlikely that we could successfully dispute this chargeback. To cover the processing for this chargeback, we have debited your account a chargeback settlement fee." :flipoff2:

How this can happen is beyond my realm of reality and understanding of how this world operates. Not only did I get screwed on the deal in general but also will not be reimbursed for packaging/shipping the item, eBay selling fees of $50, and as a cherry on top PayPal charged me $50 for the “chargeback settlement fee”. To dispute my side of the situation I sent PayPal multiple pictures I took of the item before, during, and after packaging. I sent PayPal pictures taken of FedEx's shipping tags on the item, pictures of the package at FedEx just before it was taken to be shipped, and the tracking number showing exactly what happened with the package. I sent PayPal every eBay message between the buyer and I showing all auction terms were met by me. The auction clearly stated no refunds or returns but that is obviously not the case according to eBay (a.k.a. PayPal) who created the rules.....

My PayPal account now has a negative $800 balance and I cannot receive or send (transfer from my bank account) money without the negative balance 'eating' the funds. I absolutely refuse to "resolve this negative balance by adding funds to your account" (PayPal's suggestion :rolleyes:) but would like to have a PayPal account for my eBay account. I want to know if creating a new PayPal account only is possible or do I need to create a new eBay and PayPal account, if possible. Finally, if you have additional input regarding anything else relating to this situation please post up. Thanks for your time, much appreciated.....:thumbsup

Sincerely,
~Justin

Yooformula
05-24-2011, 12:23 PM
wow that sucks! I would create a whole new ebay/paypal account if it were me rather than eat that money. set up a new account at the same bank if you have to then use only that account for the new paypal account.

Moparjim
05-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Sounds to me like you should be able to resolve this between Ebay and Paypal. I would keep pushing, it will likely take a bunch of work and hassle but you have all the documentation and are in the right. I am shocked they did this actually, in my experience condition of the item doesnt even matter it is pretty clear - if they bought it and you shipped it and can prove you shipped it, it is theirs. It is buy at your own risk. The only time I have seen them side with the buyer is when the item is indeed not received, and the seller cannot prove they shipped it. If he deliberately rejected it, your in the right, I would keep pushing until I got a phone number and talked to someone in person.

Cryptic
05-24-2011, 12:34 PM
damn scammers ruining a good thing.

Nix
05-24-2011, 12:39 PM
If you use the same bank account number or cc number won't eGay notice and take action and take their "fair" share?

Man, that just sucks ass on how you are getting the shaft. I don't really understand how that can be the case when you have to click multiple things and are asked multiple times if you are sure you want to bid on something and it is a legal contract once you do commit and hit the bid button.

BoosTT
05-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Thats the paypal bs. I've been screwed by paypal more then once in the past. Just pay the fee and forget about it. Paypal DOES send debt collectors if you do not pay the fees. Don't let $50 screw up your credit score.

pOrk
05-24-2011, 01:28 PM
This happened to me a few years ago, I only use paypal if the other party will absolutly take no other payment and even then I hate using it. Try and get ahold of the credit card company disputing the charges, and keep on paypal about the chargeback. Sounds to me that they aren't putting any effort into the case, which is no big surprise to me.

GTSLOW
05-24-2011, 01:36 PM
One of the many risks of using paypal and ebay.

Slow5oh
05-24-2011, 01:41 PM
This is why I only accept paypal gift payments

wrath
05-24-2011, 04:47 PM
File small claims in your location. eBay/Paypal will be a no-show and you'll get your money. They made the mistake by initially siding with you so this is a slam dunk.

Dr.Buick
05-24-2011, 04:51 PM
100% same thing happend to me I opened another account and they froze that 2. had to pay back 3500 to pay pal and the fuck head got to keep my parts. pay pal is not the cc co so who out ranks who

jamestown478
05-25-2011, 12:36 AM
100% same thing happend to me I opened another account and they froze that 2. had to pay back 3500 to pay pal and the fuck head got to keep my parts. pay pal is not the cc co so who out ranks who

3500 in parts? I woulda flown over to who ever you sent the parts to and beat there fucken ass for that.

Dr.Buick
05-25-2011, 07:21 AM
I had to hire a lawer in Ny to take care of this found out i'm not the only one.. it was on turbo regal parts and thats a small world. I'm sure we will meet up some were some day