PDA

View Full Version : All it's missing is a 73 split bumper F-body on concrete blocks...

wrath
05-21-2011, 06:14 PM
It's my chicken coop. There are 8 chickens in it. It's not quite done yet. Still need to finish painting, make the run doors, and make the nesting box doors. It's got power, CAT6, and RG6. It's on wheels (temporarily) so no permit. I figured someone might find it amusing, or at least have something to make fun of me about that isn't entirely retarded.

http://wrath.com/temp/coop/CoopOnWheels_S.jpg

73MACH
05-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Looks like it could double as nice little 1 person ice shanty! Looks good.

jamestown478
05-23-2011, 06:13 PM
do you get eggs from these chickens or just have them for pets? I always wanted to have a few chickens lol.

wrath
05-23-2011, 08:30 PM
We got three Rhode Island Reds, an Ameraucana, three bantams (don't remember what they are) and one something else full size that I don't remember. We got them when they were a couple days old. They were all supposed to be pullets but two act like roosters.

The goal, for me, was to have something to eat all the bugs. Bantams are great buggers, which is why we have three. If the old lady decides she likes having chickens we'll probably get four Barred Rocks in the winter. RIRs are good production hens. My wife wanted eggs. I don't like eggs. The goal is to let them free range once they get full size.

The bantams have reached about the size of a large Mourning Dove and haven't gotten much bigger in the last three weeks. The rest of the chickens keep growing and growing.

The living area inside the coop is about 50 sqft which can support about 12 chickens.. The coop is actually 8x8 but the last 16" on the back wall is storage and nesting boxes that are accessible from the outside.

The chickens are definitely amusing to watch.

Picture from a few weeks ago when they were still living in the basement (the bantam on the right is the one we call velociraptor):
http://wrath.com/temp/coop/Chickens_S.jpg

jamestown478
05-23-2011, 11:52 PM
damn those are sweet. Now if only I could have chickens in west allis haha