PDA

View Full Version : 95-99 Dodge Neon Dual Over Head Cam Turbo Kit

awsomeears
05-21-2011, 10:59 AM
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/2394286088.html.

Not much neon love on here but if you know of any other neon losers pass this on, its off my car so its not Junk and works well :banana

HITMAN
05-21-2011, 12:15 PM
What size is the turbo? What did you do for tuning and fueling, especially in light of your running 14 psi? Did you have any other engine mods to be able to run that pressure? I might be interested. I don't presently own a Neon, but I am looking for a different DD and this sounds like it could be sorta fun...

1siksrt
05-22-2011, 11:03 AM
What size is the turbo? What did you do for tuning and fueling, especially in light of your running 14 psi? Did you have any other engine mods to be able to run that pressure? I might be interested. I don't presently own a Neon, but I am looking for a different DD and this sounds like it could be sorta fun...

size of turbo and would this fit only years specified??

awsomeears
05-22-2011, 09:51 PM

The turbo is bone stock, it came off a SRT-4 :thumbsup

I'm not sure what the actual size is but she spools fast, hell very very fast :thumbsup

My 1998 neon has forged internalls and aluminum rods, I ran a bone stock computer with a rrfpr ( rising rate fuel pressure regulator )

It comes down to Math, I have mine set to 4:1 so for every lb of Boost it adds 4psi, wideband is a must and its easy to tune.

Yea its not a standalone or megasquirt but it works, plus gas mileage for me was really not affected as driving it normal ( out of boost ) the computer always shoots for 14.7 A/F ratio...

I'd love for a local guy to buy it as I could help on some of the install.... of course you need an intercooler and IC pipes, fuel regulator and better injectors....

You could run just the Wastegate on a bone stock neon and be good to go.....

Your more then welcome to stop at my house and check it out, I can give you a quick run down how it worked on my car with the tunning software... wait I mean Mechanical tunning setup I have.. LOL !!!