PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Cobb or AEM Intake for 08+ STI

Crawlin
05-20-2011, 05:34 PM
just like the title says.

really only want it for one day on Monday, haha. Heading to Road America and would love to hear the whistle of the turbo like a ricer :) haha Supposedly there is a difference with the intake, haha

Anybody got one or know of one?

Chris

jbiscuit
05-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Scrap buying an intake and just do the snorkel mod. Remove the portion on the bottom of the air box and the section in the fenderwell. I cut the snorkel off and left a small portion of the connecting pipe to draw cold air from the fenderwell. Worked great

Crawlin
05-20-2011, 09:53 PM
doesn't work on the GR chassis Jason. It's still there, but others who have done it really messes with what the MAF is reading and not for the good. Otherwise I would do that.

if I bought it, i'd leave it on of course, haha

GTSLOW
05-20-2011, 10:17 PM
And the modding begins. Hopefully this one doesn't break wheels studs at RA. :goof

jbiscuit
05-20-2011, 10:42 PM
doesn't work on the GR chassis Jason. It's still there, but others who have done it really messes with what the MAF is reading and not for the good. Otherwise I would do that.

if I bought it, i'd leave it on of course, haha

Hmm. I wonder how the snorkel mod can mess with MAF reading but the CAI doesn't?? It was actually the opposite effect with the GGA/GDB chassis cars. CAI actually hurt performance.

When does the car get the turbo upgrade? :)

Rifleman WI
05-20-2011, 10:51 PM
just like the title says.

really only want it for one day on Monday, haha. Heading to Road America and would love to hear the whistle of the turbo like a ricer :) haha Supposedly there is a difference with the intake, haha

Anybody got one or know of one?

Chris

haha, yea there's a difference, even if you just take the intake box scoop off, it makes more noise. if i were home ide let you borrow my K&N Drop in, or my AEM Intake

Crawlin
05-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks man. It'd be cool.

And i'm hoping the studs can handle it, haha

Crawlin
05-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Hmm. I wonder how the snorkel mod can mess with MAF reading but the CAI doesn't?? It was actually the opposite effect with the GGA/GDB chassis cars. CAI actually hurt performance.

When does the car get the turbo upgrade? :)

yeah no idea on all that stuff. I guess I was just looking at it from a drop in map standpoint. can just do the cobb stage1 + aem map and be done

turbo upgrade won't happen till after graduation