PDA

View Full Version : Installation assistance please

y2kws6
05-17-2011, 11:29 PM
Well I took it upon myself to attempt to install the air ride system myself and I could use some assistance. I need to know the best place to route the power through the firewall on my 2000 Trans AM. Currently I looked at the passenger side of the car and there is one port, but it is really hard to get to it from the engine side. I have the ability to drill a new hole, but where?

I have the car on jacks with all the tires off and the right side has both shocks off and new system shocks almost installed.

If anyone would like to help we can talk about compensation. I need to get it done by June 1st. I have been working on it at night, but can commit all weekends when I can.

Dan K
414-305-6530

pOrk
05-18-2011, 05:01 AM
You need loctite 545 for fittings, way better then teflon tape. I can stop by and give you some pointers, I love air suspension. Pm me your number / address

Matchew
05-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Like Pork said if you need a Hand I do Air ride too can always roll up by you just PM me if you need a Hand yet

y2kws6
05-20-2011, 06:53 AM
Well I got the power wire in last night and now lookiing to figure out what the ignition on wire is underneath the dash. Anyone know?

I have maximum hold locktite (long number), but I can look for the 545 stuff.

BR3W CITY
05-20-2011, 07:27 AM
the 545 is specific for pnuematic and hydraulic fittings. I ended up switching to the 545 after the liquid teflon sealant I used when my bagged s10 leaked in a couple of spots.

Reverend Cooper
05-20-2011, 12:13 PM
find fuses that have no power when off with test light then turn on key and find ones that are on with test light,and confirm it shuts off on that circuit with test light when keyed off again.. actually really easy dan.

y2kws6
05-20-2011, 07:04 PM
find fuses that have no power when off with test light then turn on key and find ones that are on with test light,and confirm it shuts off on that circuit with test light when keyed off again.. actually really easy dan.

I know that, but normally I splice a wire to do it. I can see if I can do that with the fuse and follow the wire and test it too.

Dr.Buick
05-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Radio shack sells terminals that go under the fues and you can hook a female connector on it I have some here if you can find any.

-stew-
05-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Radio shack sells terminals that go under the fues and you can hook a female connector on it I have some here if you can find any.

Most parts stores sell those. I normally just use scotchlocks.

y2kws6
05-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Cool I will check that out. Didn't know that one.

y2kws6
05-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Well today was a great and long day. Both front shocks are in, wires and tubing ran, battery cable is ready and ignition wire done. I also put in a battery charger/maintainer that mounts to the car. Hopefully I can get some of the locktight 545 this week so that I can get the rear right shock in and start working on the left.

The only thing that I have not figured out a good design for yet is the levelers.

Dan

GTSLOW
05-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Pics plz

y2kws6
05-30-2011, 11:03 PM
Not sure if this will work, but I put some in an album:
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/album.php?albumid=17

I still need to install levelers, but that can wait until after then Hot Rod Power Tour.

Dan