PDA

View Full Version : Aww snap, Badger is in trouble again...

TheRX7Project
05-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Sold a firearm to someone ineligible to purchase one, and said gun was used to shoot two MPD officers.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/121987029.html

This one might hurt a bit.

Crawlin
05-17-2011, 05:20 PM
I still don't get how this happens. They submit paperwork to the state right? The call in the person's SSN and information and the state decides whether or not to pass/fail the person. They wouldn't even let me pick up the .22LR GSG5 because my license wasn't up to date with my current address and that's with KNOWING them through the girlfriend at the time.

How many times are you gonna try and hold a business accountable for OTHER people's actions? Like suing mcd's cause you are fat. Well maybe you should hop on a damn treadmill.

TheRX7Project
05-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Don't ask me either. I know my dad just was put on a hold because there is another person with the same name (different SSN#) that is a convicted/registered sex offender. I know they do all the proper paperwork, I know they do all the proper checks. Somehow this guy got through the cracks, and it's their fault...?

Old Dog
05-17-2011, 05:52 PM
There's a copy of the lawsuit posted online. They claim that Badger should have known that the guy that bought the gun used drugs and planned to sell the gun to someone that couldn't legally own it, even though the buyer's background check was ok.

fivonut
05-17-2011, 05:52 PM
It CAN happen. The story said it was an assault rifle. I'm guessing the rifle was purchased by the kids dad or brother etc. Rifles and shotguns are checked by the FBI NICS. From time to time they will put a hold on the transfer pending a more in depth check. What they tell the dealer is that they CAN transfer the firearm if they don't here from the NICS unit by "X" date. This happened to me already. I ran a check on a guy and they placed a hold on it but said if I didn't hear back I was legally allowed to transfer the rifle because the issue they had was not a Brady violation. The date they gave me came and went. I DID NOT transfer the gun (I CAN chose not to) and 2 days after the hold date expired FBI NICS called and said the transfer was DENIED and then asked if the firearm had been transferred. Obviously it had not been so I don't know what happens if ti has been. Based on everything I see in the story I'd bet it was a similar situation and Badger was within their legal right. The Milwaukee PD needs to go pound sand!!!!

Mudd Runner
05-17-2011, 06:35 PM
This is old news from like 07 or 08 they are just bringing it up again because they are finally going to decide on weather or not the lawsuit will go through that and the media ass clowns wanna see badger go under I hope the judge throws it out.

GTSLOW
05-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Holy hell badger guns is said to be the top gun store selling guns for crimes in the US.

TheRX7Project
05-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Holy hell badger guns is said to be the top gun store selling guns for crimes in the US.

But what are they supposed to do about this? They do background checks, they do the proper paperwork, they do everything they are legally obligated to do. They don't do anything any differently than any other place I've ever bought a gun from. If they close up, it'll just move to another local shop, like Shooter's.

fivonut
05-18-2011, 06:56 PM
If I was in badgers shoes i'd start refusing sales i'm suspect of. But I doubt even that would help. The milwaukee police militia seems to have it in for them.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

Mudd Runner
05-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Alot of things have changed at badger since all this went down its just going to be hard to stop the straw buyers and its all because of thier location if they were located in lets say waukesha like fletcher i'll bet you wouldnt see jack about them in the news.

Crawlin
05-18-2011, 09:22 PM
biggest selection, better prices than the one on 76th/Lincoln area, better range

I'm sure Adam and Mike and the rest are still doing their normal business and just keep on going. If atleast they have the paperwork organized enough, they can just show that. I've watched them tell people to leave. So I again do not understand the issue. And this was with just me in the place, no other possible "under covers" around.

It's sad that they just want to focus in on that SO much.

HP ADDICT
05-18-2011, 11:43 PM
They just do more business in general. They beat Shooters shop by almost $200 on my Kimber TLE II.

Rocket Power
05-19-2011, 12:40 AM
They just do more business in general. They beat Shooters shop by almost $200 on my Kimber TLE II.That's not saying much, Shooters Shop is always HIGH in prices. I was lucky to get my 4003 at a good deal, and that's only because they've had tons of used trade in 3rd Gens for years and are trying to move them.

Never been a Badger fan, got sick of being ignored whenever I wanted to look at/possibly buy something, and some of the customers there did not give me the warm fuzzies, like the guy that was asking for a mag for his gun, but couldn't tell them what kind of gun he had, and then pulled his Davis .380 out of his pocket. I left.

TheRX7Project
05-19-2011, 08:19 AM
I've never had a bad experience at Badger... sure there's been a few "Thug Lyfe" types in there when I was there, but I've never been ignored. I've rented guns from them and even when I screwed the gun up while renting it they were cool about it (don't ask, it was the first time I ever rented a gun, had never loaded a mag before only shot other people's....) I bought my first gun from there, my dad and friend just both bought guns from there as well in the past week. I like their range MUCH better than Shooter's. I'd be pissed if Badger went out of business or the cops ran them out of town.

Rotorhead-20B
07-22-2011, 08:03 PM
tried doing a transfer from budsgunshop.com and they wouldnt do it saying the gun was too cheap? ahah the cheapest gun they have is like 300 so yea id figure that...all i want is the hipoint .45 nice good price to defend the family, it does seem the cops are out to get them tho...Not their fault people do what they do they just run a business.

That_Guy
07-22-2011, 09:48 PM
tried doing a transfer from budsgunshop.com and they wouldnt do it saying the gun was too cheap? ahah the cheapest gun they have is like 300 so yea id figure that...all i want is the hipoint .45 nice good price to defend the family, it does seem the cops are out to get them tho...Not their fault people do what they do they just run a business.

that's why.. you where buying a hipoint.. most legit shops wont transfer a hipoint pistol because of the stigma that comes with them. "cheap throw away shoot up people pistol"

moels
07-22-2011, 10:11 PM
I have 3 Hi-point pistols and they shoot just as well or better than the more expensive pistols I have. I wouldn't let my kids shoot them at the range if I didn't feel they were safe. They are built in the USA and the warranty is second to none. I use to stick my nose in the air about these guns, but if they are taken care of they are decent.

That_Guy
07-22-2011, 10:59 PM
I have 3 Hi-point pistols and they shoot just as well or better than the more expensive pistols I have. I wouldn't let my kids shoot them at the range if I didn't feel they were safe. They are built in the USA and the warranty is second to none. I use to stick my nose in the air about these guns, but if they are taken care of they are decent.
i never said they were trash.

austena123
07-25-2011, 11:30 AM
I agree with the highpoint comments, however, it is definitely worth it to purchase a higher quality gun eventuially. But yes I still have my little 9mm H.P.

theavenger333
07-25-2011, 01:39 PM
this will happen no matter what. From what i've gathered, Badger is a little light on their background checks and such. They do the required minimum. But most times this is people going and buying guns, then selling them on the street to people. Badger happens to sell the most guns, therefore it happens to them a lot. I don't really know if there is a way to stop it, minus Badger closing, but nobody truly knows the truth except the staff there.

Rocket Power
07-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Figured I give Badger another try since I need a holster for my M&P 9pro. What a waste of time that was. All they had were crappy cheap nylon ones and two of Galcos lowest end $25 ones.
I'm not putting a $600 gun in a $15 uncle mike pos.

Rifleman WI
07-29-2011, 01:34 AM
i stopped in while on leave in june, i had a bad experience with them being dicks a few years back, so i figured what the hell, im in the area. they seemed pretty helpful, i picked up a Serpa holster and spare mag and mag pouch for my XDm .45 and a few parts for my AR. had a guy come in looking for ammo for his 99 mm pistol... the owner told him to GTFO right away and the guy sat pissed off in the parking lot for a while before leaving... it is in a shitty neighborhood, but ide still go there after this experience. they had more to offer than Shooters in Racine did as far as ar parts.

Figured I give Badger another try since I need a holster for my M&P 9pro. What a waste of time that was. All they had were crappy cheap nylon ones and two of Galcos lowest end $25 ones.
I'm not putting a $600 gun in a $15 uncle mike pos.

TheRX7Project
07-30-2011, 09:15 AM
i stopped in while on leave in june, i had a bad experience with them being dicks a few years back, so i figured what the hell, im in the area. they seemed pretty helpful, i picked up a Serpa holster and spare mag and mag pouch for my XDm .45 and a few parts for my AR. had a guy come in looking for ammo for his 99 mm pistol... the owner told him to GTFO right away and the guy sat pissed off in the parking lot for a while before leaving... it is in a shitty neighborhood, but ide still go there after this experience. they had more to offer than Shooters in Racine did as far as ar parts.

I still like Badger. My dad just bought a 1911 from them and his friend bought a Taurus .380. They've never been dicks to me at all. Shooters Shop always seemed like I was inconveniencing them with my presence, plus their range is shitty and small. 10 or so booths and 2 didn't work... I mean come on.

Rocket Power
07-30-2011, 11:21 AM
. Shooters Shop always seemed like I was inconveniencing them with my presence,This is true. There only seems to be 1 guys there that cares at all about any semblance of customer service. I only bought my 4003 there because it was in beautiful shape and a good price. When I went to pick it up it was like I was a PITA to them.

Fletcher's is the only gun store around here where I have always gotten good service.

-stew-
07-30-2011, 12:02 PM
it is in a shitty neighborhood,

You need to get out more.