PDA

View Full Version : automotive air conditioning

88Nightmare
05-13-2011, 02:15 AM
Anyone recommend any decent shops in the milwaukee area to fix air conditioning? It is for a friends car. When she bought the car and tried it for the first time this year, air conditioning was working well (blowing cold). After shutting the car off, a freon seal must have failed during use because I could hear freon slowly leaking out. So basically, we will need a leak located, seal replaced, and freon recharged. Recommendations?

brotherbenn83
05-13-2011, 09:44 AM
What kind of car?

DurtyKurty
05-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Most/all a/c systems hiss after you turn the car off. It's not a leak. It's pressure in the system balancing out. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but not likely you heard the system leaking out. . Usually when a system works one day then stops the next, it's because of a faulty pressure switch.

Dr.Buick
05-13-2011, 02:17 PM
in in slinger if you want to bring it out

88Nightmare
05-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Most/all a/c systems hiss after you turn the car off. It's not a leak. It's pressure in the system balancing out. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but not likely you heard the system leaking out. . Usually when a system works one day then stops the next, it's because of a faulty pressure switch.

I know, but it kept hissing for 3 hours afterwards. Yesterday when it was nice and toasty outside, the car was blowing hot when the a/c was turned on....

in in slinger if you want to bring it out

I assume you have all the dye and whatnot, any ballpark on price so I know what to tell her?

DurtyKurty
05-13-2011, 05:28 PM
I know, but it kept hissing for 3 hours afterwards.

LOL... yeah, that's not good. :)

CATNHAT
05-13-2011, 05:38 PM
I have the same problem with my wifes 2005 Honda Odyssey. Blowing hot air, like the wife does!

PB86MCSS
05-13-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm also wondering who might work on automotive A/C on here, posted recently but didn't get a huge response. Looking to get my system vacuumed down at least, or to see if it holds vac.