PDA

View Full Version : Things your kids do to make you proud!!

fivonut
05-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Life hasn't exactly been rainbows and sunshine for my two older sons and myself. They took divorce pretty hard and have held a grudge against me for what they perceive as me keeping them away from their mom. But, my oldest son is 14 now and is starting to wise up. He's been more active in school and is taking up some extracurricular activities. Today I got to watch him run the hurdles in a conference meet. He is 2nd or 3rd best on his team. Here's a vid I got of him running today!!

MvpcNEceNk8

fivonut
05-12-2011, 06:53 PM
He's the tall one in all white.

KidCougar
05-12-2011, 06:59 PM
my 1.5 year old had her 1st day at the beach, she loved running to the water and throwing rocks at it.I guess im proud just to be her dad..She also dominated that playground, get up all the stairs and will launch her self down the slide..heres a pic of me and the family,its from last year tho,
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x450/cougar1997xr7/janeswedding.jpg

Yooformula
05-12-2011, 07:21 PM
very cool! glad to hear that things are improving in the father/son relationship.

KidCougar
05-12-2011, 09:14 PM
are the orange runners just fillers? lol they got burned...

moels
05-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Good stuff Devin! I 2nd Yoo's comment as well.

I'm proud of all three of my boys whether it's sports, school or just being all around good kids. I'm a lucky dad.

fivonut
05-12-2011, 09:22 PM
are the orange runners just fillers? lol they got burned...

Lol, everybody there was there by invitation. They were all tops on their teams. My son and the other boy in the lead run for Hortonville and have a friendly competition going. I think it helps them make each other better.

fivonut
05-12-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm a lucky dad.

You and me both!!!! I'm sure all of us dad's here are lucky.

88Nightmare
05-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Life hasn't exactly been rainbows and sunshine for my two older sons and myself. They took divorce pretty hard and have held a grudge against me for what they perceive as me keeping them away from their mom. But, my oldest son is 14 now and is starting to wise up. He's been more active in school and is taking up some extracurricular activities. Today I got to watch him run the hurdles in a conference meet. He is 2nd or 3rd best on his team. Here's a vid I got of him running today!!

MvpcNEceNk8

Nicely done.

In the spirit of a few laughs or smiles, be proud it wasn't this:
IcQ6VQtGKZw

fivonut
05-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Ouch. Gotta give her credit for finishing!!!

michelle
05-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Awesome!

88Nightmare
05-12-2011, 10:04 PM
oh definitely. I admire their perseverance yet still chuckle during the process

pnad
05-13-2011, 07:50 AM
One of my proudest moments as a father was when my son was 3. We caught him stashing ladies underwear ads in his room.

He is a bit of a fraidy cat so I'm always happy when he overcomes a silly fear. Took me a year to convince him to ride the minibike. I was pretty stoked when he sacked up and finally started riding it. Soon after, "Dad lets take the governor off this thing!"

Want_Notch
05-13-2011, 08:11 AM
I have two girls 7 & 9.
They handled my divorce about as well as any kids that age could.

My proudest moment is....well everyday I have with them.

There is a reason I call them my Princesses

KidCougar
05-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Well heres a new one.My lil girl got a deepdep cut below her thumb, no use in getting stitches and putting her through all that extra shit, shes doing fine..But she barly even cried or anything,only thing she doesnt like is the gauze and tape wrapped around it to stop her from pulling it off.Tough lil girl, no doubt about it..

Cjburn
05-14-2011, 07:24 PM
My daughter turned 1 today, and the proudest I get is when I come to the back door and she smiles and says, "daddy" and comes running to the baby gate. It's tough not to lose it every time she does that for me.

pOrk
05-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Dude your kids legs are like a mile long, looks WAY faster then most of the other kids. Good stuff, once he loses the mop hair cut he'll beat the other kid!