PDA

View Full Version : Inspect my ride .com?

TransAm12sec
05-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Anyone ever use their service? The idea seems useful purchasing a car site unseen.

www.inspectmyride.com

Car Inspection Overview:
Digital photo package
• At least 20+ quality digital photos showing highlights of the vehicle's condition

Mechanical-Related Condition Report
• Braking system
• Battery, belts and hoses
• Fluids
• Air bags

Test Drive
• If weather and road conditions permit
• Note: Road test requires the seller's permission, proof of vehicle ownership and valid insurance.

Internal Condition Report
• Electronics
• Instrument panel
• Air conditioning
• Upholstery and carpeting
• All other internal elements

External Body Condition Report
• Tires and wheels
• Equipment
• Paint flaws, blemishes and damage
• Body panels
• All other external portions of the vehicle

Car Guy
05-11-2011, 11:28 AM
This business idea has been rolling around in my head for years. The only question I have is who performs the inspections......

GHOSST
05-11-2011, 01:23 PM
This is funny, A guy I work with just put his car on ebay, and it sold in 5 days to a dealership, but the dealership that bought it sent a guy out from inspect my ride.com. The guy flew in, checked the car with a fine tooth comb, noted all and any descrepencies, drove it, took as many pictures as needed (don't know if there is a limit or package) and gave the go ahead to the dealership, and the money was in my buddy's account as fast as it took to wire it. We are overseas so a company like this works for us, especially if the good deal is far from your home of residence. I'll be looking into it further when the time comes for me a get my next car from over here. And as far as who inspects them, I imagine its up to company on what level of experience or certifications are required to do this job. I'd be bad ass at this job, and it would be fun, to test drive all kinds of cars. But I imagine it being like that clooney movie "Up in the air" all the friggin time. Not a job for a family man like me.