PDA

View Full Version : acura of brookfield?

Ricky Bobby
05-10-2011, 11:33 AM
does anyone work there?

So my car is at the acura dealer, they say motor mounts are good, and that these cars are designed to run like crap on cold start up and idle like junk. These are the exact words out of the mangers mouth at acura of brookfield. Called a diff dealer in IL that deals with these cars a ton more before i even finished describing problem they knew motor mounts where bad. So now do i drive the 65miles to that shop to have my problem solved or.... Also calling acura relations line is no help they back there dealerships diagnosis of our cars run like crap on start up they are designed that way

07 acura tl-s

Ricky Bobby
05-10-2011, 11:38 AM
the next closest acura dealer that knows what they are talking about is mcgrath in IL 90min away with no traffic straight down 94E

Car Guy
05-10-2011, 11:43 AM
"Designed that way" :rolleyes:

I find that VERY hard to believe......

Ricky Bobby
05-10-2011, 12:07 PM
thats what they keep pushing on me it was designed that way to make it ultra low emissions vehicle. It runs pig rich till warmed up then it smooths out and thats what im feeling not bad motor mounts which makes no damn sense at all NONE

Car Guy
05-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Post this problem on a TL forum and see what the general consensus is......

Ricky Bobby
05-10-2011, 12:38 PM
havent posted it but from what my problem is, the general response it the motor mounts are bad 99% replaced them(all 3) and after u cant even tell the car is running or feel it start up

Waver
05-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Better yet, why dont you take the car to a Honda dealer...Same parent company, but with out the luxo name.

Ricky Bobby
05-10-2011, 12:57 PM
will they honor the factory warranty nick since its acura not a honda name plate

Waver
05-10-2011, 01:03 PM
I dont see why not, I am at a Lincoln dealer and we will honor Ford warrantys as well.

03CVLX
05-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Ford is actually the only one I know of that does that and it is pretty nice. So Its worth checking into but wouldn't could on it.

JC70SS
05-10-2011, 01:37 PM
acurazine.com

Ricky Bobby
05-10-2011, 03:19 PM
yea im on there right now but they say that the dumping of fuel is normal on the first cats for the initial warm up but nothing about the motor moving around under there and sounding like crap on diff times of day when starting and stopping the engine

WhatsADSM
05-10-2011, 03:24 PM
does anyone work there?

So my car is at the acura dealer, they say motor mounts are good, and that these cars are designed to run like crap on cold start up and idle like junk. These are the exact words out of the mangers mouth at acura of brookfield. Called a diff dealer in IL that deals with these cars a ton more before i even finished describing problem they knew motor mounts where bad. So now do i drive the 65miles to that shop to have my problem solved or.... Also calling acura relations line is no help they back there dealerships diagnosis of our cars run like crap on start up they are designed that way

07 acura tl-s

Yea I'm pretty sure if you were to step into an engineers cubicle at Honda you would find a requirements document for the Acura TL that has the following requirements:

"- Must struggle severely on cold starts" and
"- Vehicle must idle like poop"

It's probably right after the
"- Design reliable luxury vehicle" and
"- Keep price cost competitive"

but right before the:
"- Get above average fuel economy" and
"- Must generate more than 250 horsepower"

BAD LS1
05-10-2011, 03:49 PM
lol rich doesnt equal quick cat light off.

Ricky Bobby
05-10-2011, 04:03 PM
well its been 4hrs and no call back from them wonder what is up?

and from what im gauging this might have not been a smart purchase if im gonna have all these damn problems with warranty work?

well just called them and they are loosening up the mounts and are gonna re-torque them to see if this fixes the problem lmao i guess im gonna have to deal with it or take it to the other dealership 65miles away

PureSound15
05-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Did you talk to Collin at Acura? He's a car guy and knows his stuff. He's a service writer or manager.

Car Guy
05-10-2011, 05:31 PM
well just called them and they are loosening up the mounts and are gonna re-torque them to see if this fixes the problem

This is ridiculous and a waste of time, if they actually do this.....

Ricky Bobby
05-10-2011, 06:03 PM
yea talked to collin are conversations werent the greatest due to them telling me that the stuff im feeling is normal he even felt it but they still just gave teh car back to me so i guess screw taking it to brookfield off to IL i go

Yooformula
05-11-2011, 02:06 AM
these cars have an electronic motor mount and until you pull the mount, it looks fine. I have done 2 of these now on hondas and they present the same symptoms. the clowns giving you the run around just dont want to warranty it. the honda minivans destroy these mounts regularly and always have a hard time getting them covered by the dealer.

from the looks of it, this mount was fine until it was unbolted then you could see it decompress and when I cut the boot away you could see the busted junk inside. this broken mount gave the owner a terrible shake when the motor would idle and at cruising speed.

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/album12/IMG_0024.sized.jpg
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/album12/IMG00294.sized.jpg

Ricky Bobby
05-11-2011, 02:58 PM
yea my only option is to drive 1.5hrs down to a dealer that knows what there talking about since the one in brookfield doesnt want to change the mounts even though ive provided enough proof, they say they never see them go bad on cars under 90k miles i laughed at them. So i dont know what to do next but i want to strangle someone i hate dealerships with a passion on warranty shit

lordairgtar
05-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Electronic motor mounts? I never heard of such a thing. I guess if the parts inside aren't working right, the outside wouldn't look any different until out of the car and tested.