PDA

View Full Version : Uverse "hookup"

PureSound15
05-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Someone on here still work for them? I'm moving and hate TW so I guess I'll try AT&T.

Open to thoughts and suggestions!

jamestown478
05-08-2011, 09:18 PM
why do you hate tw?

PureSound15
05-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Have been fighting internet speed issues and DVR issues for over a year.

Ricky Bobby
05-08-2011, 09:31 PM
well u havent called me and asked to look into it i have worked there for 7yrs ya know :)

03Seville
05-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Hmm.... My TW has never failed me lol

WickedSix
05-09-2011, 08:05 AM
I have it and love uverse and the HD DVR. There are serveral coupon codes online to get I think its around $350 back in VISA gift cards for first time subscription. I know we got ours about this time last year and got about $400 in gift cards. service for first 6 months was ~80 a month for u200 and internet. just like with anything AT&T the squeaky wheel gets the grease.... i hate their automated voice recognition menu....but i like they have a 4pm-9pm install slot during the week. makes it easier for working folks to get things done

03Seville
05-09-2011, 08:38 AM
but i like they have a 4pm-9pm install slot during the week. makes it easier for working folks to get things done

TW has 6pm-8pm appts available 7 days a week. So it's good for working people and also it's only a 2 hour window where you need to be home rather than a 5 hour one.

pOrk
05-09-2011, 09:03 AM
It doesn't matter who you talk to at TW, its a never ending battle if you have problems. I've had over 20 service calls and still have a bogus signal, the last tech was amazed how bad the line was and said he had charter cable for this exact reason.

03Seville
05-09-2011, 09:20 AM
It doesn't matter who you talk to at TW, its a never ending battle if you have problems. I've had over 20 service calls and still have a bogus signal, the last tech was amazed how bad the line was and said he had charter cable for this exact reason.

Actually if he has Charter it's because TW's not available where he lives. Their is no option to have one or the other in any location, it's strictly where you live that determines it.

pOrk
05-09-2011, 09:38 AM
I"m only repeating what he told me, he also said he steals it from his neighbor lol. Doesn't bother me either way, Charter has its fair share of problems too. My parents have great luck with twc, only problem their is the rate keeps going up and twc won't work w them at all. I think they pay 130 / month for what you can now get for 99 / month.

My problem is at the pole and the twc techs all say the same thing, they don't do work on the line past the pole a sub contractor does that ( or says they do but don't ).

Ricky Bobby
05-09-2011, 11:03 AM
at my house in greenfield my sevice has never failed me in the 6yrs ive been here and i know i installed holeshot's rr awhile back and his has been good also, if its a problem outside and everything in your house has been replaced then it has to be a plant problem or your own equip.

WickedSix
05-09-2011, 11:33 AM
yea but TW blows monkey nuts from my experience. If I could get Charter I'd have charter still

and b4 more responses...it is my opinion you shouldn't have to 'know a tech and call in a special favor to get good service'

Waver
05-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Does it still take two days to get set up/installed? I think I heard someone say that on here.

Yooformula
05-09-2011, 12:10 PM
and b4 more responses...it is my opinion you shouldn't have to 'know a tech and call in a special favor to get good service'

THIS IS SO TRUE! I had twc for a loooong time and between crappy channel selection, box fees and more fees for hd then to have shitty signal, constantly dropping out and poor net bandwidth for the money I too bailed and got Uverse. In the over 2 years now of uverse, I havent lost a single day of service or signal and I have a shit ton more channels of hd. So much so that I dont even watch non hd channels on my tv. I had 1 bad box that was replaced then no issues ever since and dont even talk about the install. twc hacked so much shit it was a mess and uverse put in all new wiring and neatly tucked, hid and bundled everything and installed hubs, jacks and extra ports in each room.

WickedSix
05-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Does it still take two days to get set up/installed? I think I heard someone say that on here.

u talkin about uverse? mine was installed in 4 rooms run up from the basment where the twisted pair comes in to the second story which is our apartment and total install time was about 3 hours.

Waver
05-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah I was talking about uverse.....I might have to look into that. If it is going to be cheaper than what I am paying now.

theavenger333
05-09-2011, 11:15 PM
the "hookup" never existed ryan. sorrry. yoosof and i "used" it and got nothing. i would highly recommend uverse, i have had it for 2 or 3 years now and have zero complaints.

Cryptic
05-09-2011, 11:21 PM
My TW has been ok overall. I've had a few outages recently. But I'm still online 99.9% of the time. That "hookup" lost his job downtown and never really got anyone any kind of deal anyway. Bunch of BS.

Ricky Bobby
05-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Again every buisness has there hacks been doin this for 7yrs now have seen some genius work done by dish and uverse. Didnt uverse just go to a bandwith cap?

pOrk
05-10-2011, 05:06 AM
at my house in greenfield my sevice has never failed me in the 6yrs ive been here and i know i installed holeshot's rr awhile back and his has been good also, if its a problem outside and everything in your house has been replaced then it has to be a plant problem or your own equip.

Not sure who this reply was directed to but if it was me is it that you can't read or just that much of a twc nutswinger? I've had everything replaced from the pole to my motherboard, hard wired no wireless and have techs tell me that its at the pole where the signal is cap, how is that my own equip's problem?

Ricky Bobby
05-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Its my job and i take pride in it so how am i nutswinger? If everything has been replaced from pole to modem then a tech needs to come out run a test line to there test modem and run some tests and if he can duplicate said problem they will kick it over to the guys who work on the plant. If not then it might be a intermittent problem which are a pain to locate "OR" there is something wrong with your stuff. Shouldnt be to hard to locate since all u have is RR one line in and one line to modem there should be no splitters, barrels etc.

So they have to follow this process in order to kick it over and get someone out to fix it otherwise the guys coming out have no idea where to start to check and fix your issue