PDA

View Full Version : Best Apps for Android?

nismodave
05-08-2011, 12:47 PM
New Android smart phone owner here.

What are the best Android Apps?

I got FB, Speed Channel, Foursquare, Angry Birds, Lookout, Barcode Scanner...

Thanks.

03Seville
05-08-2011, 02:13 PM
tapatalk

PureSound15
05-08-2011, 02:15 PM
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/hiner/top-25-android-apps-the-best-of-the-best/5617

GTSLOW
05-08-2011, 03:47 PM
I love that gps speedometer. Used it at RA. Great way to track top speed, avg, speed, distance, etc..

Good way to check the nspeedo on an old car too.

BoosTT
05-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Goggles, caller id faker, tourettes buy, tricoder, zedge and zillow (if your into house shopping/prices).

kornholio788
05-08-2011, 05:06 PM
After just resetting my phone I found really the only apps i ever really use are
Astrid Tasks
Beautiful widgets
Expense manager
Facebook
Handcent
Mag Flashlight
Timeriffic
Wheres my droid
Winamp
and the factory ones. All those apps I actually use and love

wikked
05-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Pandora.

TransAm12sec
05-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Anyone buy a larger battery for their phone? I'm debating between the Thunderbolt, Droid X, Incredible 2, and Droid 2. And whether to buy from the Verizon store online or through www.wirefly.com

nismodave
05-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Anyone buy a larger battery for their phone? I'm debating between the Thunderbolt, Droid X, Incredible 2, and Droid 2. And whether to buy from the Verizon store online or through www.wirefly.com

I dont know about bigger batteries, but Slow Joe recommended this App to me.....I just started using it, but many swear by it. http://latedroid.com/juicedefender

FoxStang
05-09-2011, 12:28 AM
ConvertPad <------Everyone should download this, unbelievably useful
My other ones:
Ebay
Astro
Chicago Transit Tracker
Yahoo Finance
Barcode Scanner
Goggle's
Google Sky map
Angry Birds (Everytime I almost get 3 stars in all the levels, they release more)
Voice
FB
BuzzBox
Earth
GPS Test
Any Cut

I'm sure there's a few missing from that list, but most of those are pretty cool.

ls1 ZZZ
05-10-2011, 03:19 PM
anybody try aDyno? Its a built in dyno for an android phone. it outputs torque and horsepower based on the phones calculations from you run...pretty cool actually

946speedz
05-10-2011, 11:01 PM
I use "torque" with a Bluetooth obd2 dongle, its pretty slick, basically anything Ur car has a sensor for I can view it on my phone and itll also data log it, I havent tried that yet but the gauges are pretty cool. No need for a dash full of gaudy gauge pods and wiring

tapatalk'd

FoxStang
05-11-2011, 12:57 PM
I use "torque" with a Bluetooth obd2 dongle, its pretty slick, basically anything Ur car has a sensor for I can view it on my phone and itll also data log it, I havent tried that yet but the gauges are pretty cool. No need for a dash full of gaudy gauge pods and wiring

tapatalk'd
Which Bluetooth device did you buy?

Holeshot
05-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Im rooted so I use Set CPU ( for kernels over clocking ) Wireless tether ( so I don't have to pay to tether) . Titanium backup and file manager for apps / file backup restore ) Rom manager for running custom roms fast web installer Zedge for ring tones wall papers .. gas buddy twitter and tweet deck handcent as my MSM app, Skype ,chrome to phone

EvolvedRegal
05-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Im surprised no one said "Advanced task killer"

Holeshot
05-11-2011, 09:41 PM
I did a lot of reading on that whole subject and through trial and error with that app and just letting the OS manage the tasks it seems to do it job with out the ned for ATK. Like I said Im rooted so I manage my phone through different ways. Custom kernel over clocked at 1.2 but its on demand use and I have all the bloatware deleted off my phone. If you really look at whats eating your battery life its mostly the display usage.

946speedz
05-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Fox to be honest I can't recall, I just eBay'd obdII Bluetooth and chose the cheapest in us supplier, it was like 22 shipped to my door...

tapatalk'd

FoxStang
05-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Fox to be honest I can't recall, I just eBay'd obdII Bluetooth and chose the cheapest in us supplier, it was like 22 shipped to my door...

tapatalk'd

That's what I was wondering, how long have you had it, any problems? I've heard mixed reviews on the cheapo eBay units.

946speedz
05-12-2011, 11:54 PM
had it probably 4 months, used quite regularly on multiple vehicles pulling codes for friends which also is a great feature of "torque" links you to problem code, common causes, and how to fix them and clear the codes.....i havent had a single problem with mine...

MoCkiN U
05-13-2011, 05:49 AM
go to http://www.applanet.net/ scan the barcode in center page and download the applanet app which gives you an alternate market place for more apps for free which are mostly charged on android marketplace. helpful for vzw customers.

The Shaolin
05-13-2011, 08:17 AM
In addition to some of the ones listed above, I use "Soundhound" a lot. It will listen to a song and tell you title and artist....it works in noisy bars, too...pretty amazing stuff.

I also use bubble (level app)

86GUTLASS
05-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Downloaded a app called drag racing.Very addicting.My thumbs hurt from playing it to much.lol

The Shaolin
05-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Hahaha, I've been playing that way too much too :)

Dasred
05-18-2011, 09:14 AM
The Amazon app store is pretty good too, every day they have a special free app that usually costs money, I've gotten a couple $5 apps for free through it.
Also, if you get a Thunderbolt like me and live in an area where there is no 4G LTE, get LTE OnOff, it turns the LTE off and saves some battery.
I get through my entire day, using my phone alot and at the end of the night I usually have about 1/2 battery left.
I Geo-Cache though, that's very GPS heavy app, tends to kill my battery in 5 hours or so.