PDA

View Full Version : Corvette ZR1

03Seville
05-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Gray 'Vette ZR1, don't think it was anyone on here but if so :thumbsup nice!

Car was spotless and he was not afraid to get on it down moorland from New Berlin to Muskego.:headbang

Luckily I was on the bike or I never even would of been able to keep up lol

PureSound15
05-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I think Joel G just picked up a ZR1. Maybe it was him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd Z
05-03-2011, 03:43 PM
It was not Joel G. It would NEVER get on any of his cars. It was likely Jim M from Muskego. He abuses the hell out of all his cars. He was the guy that won the case against Chrysler for his Dodge Viper.

Yooformula
05-03-2011, 04:48 PM
holy crap did he ever win against Chrysler!

houstonsaxton
05-03-2011, 04:58 PM
That would be jim mortel he owns mortel trucking , and comes in our shop all the time. Hes trading it in on a ferrari in a couple months

03Seville
05-03-2011, 05:39 PM
It was not Joel G. It would NEVER get on any of his cars. It was likely Jim M from Muskego. He abuses the hell out of all his cars. He was the guy that won the case against Chrysler for his Dodge Viper.

hijacking my own thread here but what was the case over?

And either way, nice to see someone who actually doesn't mind hitting the gas once in awhile. He pulled on me quick and I know he wasn't fully on it.

Yooformula
05-03-2011, 05:43 PM
hijacking my own thread here but what was the case over?

And either way, nice to see someone who actually doesn't mind hitting the gas once in awhile. He pulled on me quick and I know he wasn't fully on it.

Car company must pay $385,000 for lemon

Judge orders payment in lawsuit over defective Dodge Viper

By DAVID DOEGE
ddoege@journalsentinel.com

Posted: March 30, 2011

Waukesha - In what is believed to be the largest damages award concerning a defective car in the history of the state's lemon law, a judge has ordered DaimlerChrysler Corp. to pay two business partners and their attorneys more than $385,000.
Waukesha County Circuit Judge Mark Gempeler ordered the payment in closing out a lawsuit over an oft-troubled $80,000 Dodge Viper that has been parked for two years.

The award illustrates how high the stakes can be in Wisconsin for carmakers, because if they lose such lawsuits, they have to pay the owner double damages, attorney fees, court costs and interest.

"This may be the biggest award ever in America," said attorney Vince Megna, who represented the business partner who owed the Viper. "In researching this, I found nothing bigger over the past 20 years, and until it's paid, it's earning $126.90 in interest each day."

The lawsuit was filed in 2004 by James Mortle of Muskego and Joe Kiriaki of Franklin over a muscle car they bought because of its performance prowess. The two bought a black 2003 Viper on July 12, 2003, from a dealer in Illinois.

On Aug. 1, 2003, according to court records, 71 miles after the 500-mile break-in period, the differential broke for the first time. It was repaired, but just 13 days later, with the odometer reading 686 miles, the differential broke again, court records say.

Over the next six months, the differential broke four more times, each time while being shifted from first to second gear at around 50 mph.

When the Viper was running like it was designed to, Mortle reached 122 mph in a quarter mile on a drag strip, he said. But after the differential broke for the sixth time, the manufacturer refused to cover any more repairs, records show.

Mortle asked for a replacement Viper under the state's lemon law, according to the lawsuit, but the manufacturer refused, contending that he and Kiriaki abused the car.

Megna filed the lemon law suit against DaimlerChrysler Corp. in June 2004 in Waukesha County Circuit Court. A jury sided with Mortle and Kiriaki after a trial in January.

The award ordered by Gempeler last week included payments of $161,013 in damages to Mortle and Kiriaki, $26,632 in interest as of March 23, $175,610 in attorney fees and $22,721 in court costs. William Croke, the attorney for DaimlerChrysler Corp., could not be reached for comment Thursday.

03Seville
05-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Mortle asked for a replacement Viper under the state's lemon law, according to the lawsuit, but the manufacturer refused, contending that he and Kiriaki abused the car.

:rolf

Can't believe I never heard of this before, that was a nice :flipoff2: to Chrysler

Ricky Bobby
05-03-2011, 09:28 PM
good deal heard abou this awhile back glad they won

GTSLOW
05-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Wow first I ever heard of it.

brotherbenn83
05-04-2011, 03:37 PM
then (post-viper) he had a yellow 06 z06 which was on the dragstrip 7 days after he picked it up...