PDA

View Full Version : M.A.T.C. question about an Accuplacer Test

Firefighter Z
04-27-2011, 10:10 AM
For those that have attended MATC:

I'm just wondering if that I would have to take the Accuplacer test at MATC again?

I've done the test in 2005 for a College Degree in Criminal Justice but I never finished.
Does anybody know if I would have to take it again? I am looking into doing Fire Protection (Fire Science).

I just returned my Re-Admission form to MATC and the lady behind the counter couldn't give me an answer if I did or not and the counsolers weren't available at the time.

Prince Valiant
04-27-2011, 12:06 PM
almost certainly no...

Firefighter Z
04-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Well I just founded out from MATC that if I am pretty much out of the game for a while that I have to take that test over again. Grrr...

Waver
04-29-2011, 09:25 AM
That is odd, I didnt when I went for EMT classes in 07. Last time I was there was 7 years prior.

BR3W CITY
04-29-2011, 11:02 AM
wtf? I never had to take tests, and I transferred schools, majors, and took a break in between. Did you talk to another councelor or someone else in admissions? That place is FULL of idiots. If I ever got an answer I didn't like (scheduling, instruction, advisor etc) I would just go straight to the department head or even dean and they will help you out.

88Nightmare
04-29-2011, 11:25 AM
you wouldn't have to take placement tests if you were already in a college and then transferred.