PDA

View Full Version : Which muffler too buy???

lilws6
04-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Ok so i bought the slp lm1 axle back from white thunder. I put it on and well of course there is no muffler on it since it was only the axle back. I fired it up and it sounds goodish. Its wicked loud. So i'm looking at a bullet style muffler to stick in the intermediate pipe. Do i go with a spiral flow or a dynomax bullet? Seems there about $50 at jegs for a 3"in/out which is what i would need. Which one would work better to tone it down a bit i know either way its probably still going to be loud. But i like it that way we'll see i may even leave it alone once i get the tips on the back and take it for a drive. Oh yea before i forget this is for the T/A so its got long tubes ofy and 3" exhaust back. if that helps at all.

Josepy
04-26-2011, 06:56 PM
SLP makes the bullet style one like you have in there now except it is an actual muffler and not just a resonator.

phatspeed
04-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Read on the ls1tech forum that the moroso spiral flow racing muffler robs hp! Search for it. Lots of post about that.

GTSLOW
04-26-2011, 07:23 PM
I told you it would be loud with lts and no cats. I had the LM2 with your same setup and it was still loud as fuck. I would highly recommend gettiing the sprial flow since its more than just a straight thru bullet. OR be original and try one of those DNA mufflers. Either way if you go with a straight thri bullet don't expect much.

lilws6
04-27-2011, 09:30 AM
i'm not expencting much different but a little is better than nothing. Joe theres not a muffler on the car now it didn't come with one bought it used. dna mufflers? haven't heard of one of those maybe worth a look?

Josepy
04-27-2011, 09:48 AM
i'm not expencting much different but a little is better than nothing. Joe theres not a muffler on the car now it didn't come with one bought it used. dna mufflers? haven't heard of one of those maybe worth a look?

ah ic it is from the axle back. guh had that on mine,. it lasted 2 days after the headers and cam were in. car sounded like a dump trunk until wot. get a borla xr1 and put it in the i pipe. or find a way to stuff two of them in the back somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AUa79Cc-k8

lilws6
04-27-2011, 10:38 AM
i thought about seing if i could get two of them in the tail pipes but i think for now i'll just do the one in the I pipe since the i pipe isn't stainless lol

GTSLOW
04-27-2011, 11:08 AM
DNA have a unique design on the inside. Sort of similar to spiral flow.

http://image.mustang50magazine.com/f/techarticles/9173383+w200/m5lp_0609w_04_z+DNA_race_mufflers+install.jpg

Or you can go with a chambered style muffler like the GMMG. Which is also longer which means less noise and rasp.

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/stw-cr2525_w.jpg

lilws6
04-27-2011, 11:21 AM
i did like the gmmg exhausts but damn are they expensive. I'll have to look into the dna mufflers and the borla x1's

GTSLOW
04-27-2011, 11:27 AM
No I meant you can buy similar chamber straight mufflers like on gmmg from summit.

lilws6
04-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Gotcha looked at a few of those too. Seem pricey for what they are. i may just go and stick a cheap dynomax bullet in there for now or may just leave it until the lmt show when i can throw it on the dyno. See how bad it is lol

Firefighter Z
04-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Hey lilws6: I have the Dynomax Bullet on mine (This was uploaded last year)
http://youtu.be/vwdaKrZvdNs
What the Dynomax Bullet did was take out some of the rasp that the SLP LM bullet had. (This was dumped under the driver/ pass. seat)

lilws6
04-27-2011, 12:59 PM
called up our buddy at advance here in waukesha he told me he could get me a 23" long dynomax for about $50 so if i need that i'll probably order the long one

GTSLOW
04-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Do it more area to quiet it down. You're pretty much going to have rasp with no cats and a bullet style muffler.

lilws6
04-27-2011, 04:44 PM
that was my theory behind the longer muffler. i know theres going to be rasp i had somew ith the flowmaster but it was a good sound. i guess we'll see what i do but i've got a couple of options at least now.