PDA

View Full Version : Trailer hitches

-stew-
04-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Where to get one on the cheap! Any one have any insights? Looking into one for my Town Car. I found a motorcycle I want, but it's in Minnesota. The price is right, but fuel cost of driving up there with a pick-up make it on the edge of not being worth it. My Town Car gets ~24 mpg on the highway, so I could live with that, but buying a hitch may end end up offsetting that versus taking a mid to high teens dakota (my next easiest option.) I don't know anyone with 4cyl pick up, minivan, or small car with a hitch that I could borrow to go get it.

Cheapest I've found on ebay is around $150.

BoosTT
04-25-2011, 12:19 PM
car-parts.com has some hitches.

I think the best option would be to have someone ride it back.

-stew-
04-25-2011, 12:43 PM
car-parts.com has some hitches.

I think the best option would be to have someone ride it back.

It doesn't run. Car-part located one in greenbay. Gonna go hit a couple JY's close by.

BoosTT
04-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Most of the places on car-parts.com ship parts.

Also- watch farm and fleet... when the hitches go on sale, they can be a good deal.

Car Guy
04-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Unless you plan on using the hitch again in the future rent a small pickup from a friend or business. Much cheaper and less work.....

-stew-
04-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Just talked to my dad about what my step-moms V8 Dakota gets for mileage, he says 17-20 on the highway. My Town Car gets 24. Did some math, worst case with the Dakota getting 15 versus best case of the Lincoln getting 24 I'm saving $70 taking my car. Plus figuring in the possibility of having to maybe buy a trailer tire, my time installing the hitch on the Lincoln and wiring it; it's not worth it. Trailer hitch would come in handy, just not handy enough to offset the cost at this time. Thanks anyways!