PDA

View Full Version : Drywallers

94greenbandit
04-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Looking for someone to tape and mud the drywall I am hanging. Anybody recommend some good quality workers

awsomeears
04-25-2011, 02:55 PM
FYI most guys will do it but won't warranty more then 2 minutes after leaving, if you are hanging the stuff personally you might as well TRY to tape and mud it..... what I'm saying is get someone you know personally because if not they could do the work and if it looks bad its because of your " Hanging "

I know this as my cousin does Drywall, he just finished a buddy's basement project...

05caddyext
04-26-2011, 08:26 AM
you should have just bought the drywall and let a pro hang it. they hang it amazingly fast. would have cost you only a few bucks more. Ive never seen a drywall guy that will just tape and mud, that's going to be hard to find. That being said, try it yourself, it's easy. Just get the crap off the floor before it dries.

Karps TA
04-26-2011, 08:53 AM
I would not say finishing drywall is easy. It's very much a skillset. Probably my least favorite DIY job.

That said probably not alot of finishers will to work on DIY hung drywall. Just cause if it's hung bad, it'll be harder to finish right.

94greenbandit
04-26-2011, 10:31 AM
I have a couple people coming out to quote and tell me I guess if my stuff looks like crap

hotshift13
04-26-2011, 11:27 PM
try doing it for yourself, I ve been doing it for almost 20 years. Go look on youtube and get some pointers. really not that hard.

BoosTT
06-04-2011, 08:52 PM
There is a guy in Muskego that did my pre-hung drywall. His last name was henibery and he lives on henibery drive in Muskego. I think it was about $300 to finish about 400 sq feet. He did good work, but seamed a lil pissed about 1/2 through when he relealized how much work it was. I don't have any contact info, sorry.