PDA

View Full Version : 1996 zx6r

shawn
04-21-2011, 07:44 AM
i happen to pick up a 96 ninja zx6r last weekend. its set up like a street fighter but im more into the full fairing look. i have all the plastics for it, its just that the left side plastic is broke on the bottom where it would attach to the right side fairing. not a biggie. also i have no headlight for it so i plan one doing a custom single projector headlight (already at the bodyshop) ita runs and its rideable but second gear pops out of gear. i have all the parts to replace internals for this problem. and most important i have and factory repair manual, so if i do run into any problems i can get myself outta that jam. i'll snap some pics when my ol lady gets back from flordia...

also does anyone kno how to polish a frame? i have never done it so any tips would be nice....now would be my time to do it since i got about half the bike taken apart...thanks BCM

lilws6
04-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Alot of time consuming work polishing isn't hard but aluminum sometimes can be a bitch. If your gana polish the frame you gata do it right and tear it down to bare frame. That way you won't miss some spots you couldn't get to. I never wanted a polished frame but people that half ass it bother me. :goof

-stew-
04-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Thumbs up for getting away from the streetfighter look! Not a fan of them.

outlawgibbs
04-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Second that.. Congrats on the new bike and one little word of advise. Unless you plan on polishing the frame atleast once a month dont bother with it. Polishing aluminum works great if you clear coat it right after your done otherwise it tarnishes and looks like crap in a short time and you have to redo it often. Or spend the money and chrome it.