PDA

View Full Version : Just bought some Ping Clubs....

awsomeears
04-15-2011, 12:56 PM
So I went to get fitted again ( did it last year and was discouraged by price $1200 for mizzuno irons ) over here in Oak Creek.

Was handed a few clubs and told me to get a feel for them, I Tried Nike,Taylor Made, Tour Edge and Ping.

Nike and Taylor felt like crap, Tour Edge was nice but felt heavy. First ball I hit with the Ping Was perfect, just a good clean " Tick " sound and one after another I knew I got a winner.

G10 is the model :thumbsup

I feel I got a great price that included softi grips ( I think he threw them in ) and 4 - PW was $437.50 not including tax

PureSound15
04-15-2011, 01:03 PM
That doesn't seem bad at all! I only have 3 rounds in this year - I'm dying to hit the links!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Korndogg
04-15-2011, 01:07 PM
I have 4 rounds in this year so far.

I need to fix my slice bad. My irons and short game are fine but the past couple years I've been slicing REALLY bad out of nowhere with my drive. Sucks because I use to have a nice long, straight drive.

Car Guy
04-15-2011, 03:42 PM
I been tearing up the driving ranges......:goof

jbiscuit
04-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Golf outing!? Ping irons fo life!!! They are all I will play

Got Boost
04-18-2011, 10:04 AM
A Golf outing would be fun..

Crawlin
04-18-2011, 01:19 PM
I have 4 rounds in this year so far.

I need to fix my slice bad. My irons and short game are fine but the past couple years I've been slicing REALLY bad out of nowhere with my drive. Sucks because I use to have a nice long, straight drive.

How is the ball flight? Is it heading right and then it goes further right? Or does it head straight and then go right?

I'm starting my shopping of clubs. Went to GG the other day and just was shanking them. Taking a couple lessons a week for the next couple months in time to try out for MSOE's golf team. Figure I need to get ALOT better to have some fun.

EVERYTIME we try and outing, it seems nothing comes of it, haha.

I hit the Cobra S3's and didn't like them. I thought I would since I like their other stuff. I hit the Burner2.0 and didn't like those either. Hit the Titleist AP1's and those were pretty sweet. Need more practice before going any further in the club selection.

Have any of you guys gotten fitted for the right BALL yet? Was interested to see how those parameters worked. I've done the club fitting (length and lie) and then have done the swing speed fitting for correct shafts. Just seeing since the guys at GG were talking about a program for what ball to play.

PS - everyone should know that if you want to go golfing, and don't have anyone else willing to go, you can always PM me. Class is over by 1pm at the latest during the week and then at that point, I'm free. Clubs/clothes are always with me ready to go

Korndogg
04-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Most of the time it goes straight pretty far and then pretty much does a direct 90 degree turn lol. Never had this problem before. Something changed.

Crawlin
04-18-2011, 01:41 PM
from what I remember, if its heading straight and then rotating, it sounds as if your hands are coming through early, so the face of the club is a bit open causing the rotation of the ball.

I have the problem of "casting". I am bring the clubhead down and through before my hands get to above the ball. So it being early, I end up having messing up my nice pretty draw and making it a rediculous hook and lose a ton of yards.

Driving range practice here we come! haha

Korndogg
04-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Yeah I'm all about the range lol. I wish golf park was still around. That place was great. It was even better when I worked there cause I just golfed when it was dead haha.

Korndogg
04-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Oh and yeah I need to pick up some new irons sometime too. I have a set of "Lake Superior Golf" irons and I honestly cant even find anything online about them. I got them back when I was a freshman I think. I still hit them really well but they are just getting old and all that lol.

awsomeears
04-19-2011, 09:57 AM
I would get fitted where I went, the $460 for 7 ping clubs were IMO a deal...........

badass88gt
04-19-2011, 12:03 PM
When talking about sizing, where is the proper position for holding irons? What I mean is how do I determine what the proper length club is for my height? I have just a cheap set of clubs and I'm bent a little at the waist, rather uncomfortable. I'm 6' tall...