PDA

View Full Version : car audio places

Monstr913
04-14-2011, 01:14 PM
So I need all new speakers in my truck as they either don't work or crackle bad. Looking for a good shop to possibly buy speakers through. I can install em just don't know what brand or specs to get that will work best for me. Unless there are some guru's on here that wanna help out all the better.

OxmanWI
04-14-2011, 05:19 PM
I just bought new Pioneer 6x9 and 6x8 speakers from Best Buy for my truck. If you go to Crutchfield.com you can see what fits your truck and even research what you like best. They even have DIY learning page to install speakers.

Out fit your truck: http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/carselector.aspx?lp=%2fApp%2fCar%2foutfitmycar%2fM yCar.aspx

Learning center: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Tab/Learn.aspx

03Seville
04-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Use crutchfield to find speaker sizes first and then go from their.

Are you just looking for factory replacement type speakers or are looking to upgrade?

Monstr913
04-14-2011, 08:46 PM
well i have a pioneer av-p4000dvd (double din) its 50x4 mosfet.my truck is ten years old so no suprize the speakers are bad. i know they are 6.75 with .75 tweeter stock but everything i;ve found so far is 6.5 and will fit with no custom brackets. im looking to up grade i listen to all genres of music and listen to it loud. so looking for something that will handle rock instruments and rap bass. im kinda partial to pioneer/premier stuff but whatever is best for my application i guess.

pOrk
04-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Buy them online and install yourself, easy peezy. Ryan has a lot of knowledge of car audio, as well as may other members here. I've been out of it for a long time, so I usually buy the pioneer stuff and usually it sounds great and keeps costs low.

03Seville
04-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Your best bet would be to go into any store that sells audio and listen around, then go buy it online. If you're going to be powering them right off the the double din that even the most bottom line speaker will be able to handle the wattage it puts out, your decision is going to be end up being based on what sounds best to you.

Personally, out of all the budget speakers I've listened too and played with I honestly think, imo the Alpine Type S 6.5's were the best deal. Last I saw online the 6.5's themselves were going for around 50 a pair and the component sets (which with the type s only includes a separate tweeter, have to go up to the Type R's for crossovers) were going for 90-100 a pair

Monstr913
04-15-2011, 12:07 PM
I found a nice set of pioneer component ones on crutchfield for 100 a pair and after reading the learning center articles they seemed to be the best pionner wise for what I want based on cost and speakers specs. I don't wanna cheap out so looking around 500 for all 4 doors, its a great radio I have so don't wanna cheap out now and have it sound like ass. I was at best buy months ago and they didn't seem to have much for selection. I figured there were people here more knowledgable and honest then the people in the stores. Ill look into those alpines and see what I think. I do just wanna stay with component ones also don't need to get into crossovers and amps, a good woofer and tweeter will suit me just fine as long as the sound quality is there.

03Seville
04-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Best buy only sells base to mid grade stuff at top end prices, going in their and listening to couple is alright just never pay their prices for them.

I've never personally had these but from what I've heard they sound like they belong in a much higher price bracket, maybe someone else on here has some personal experience with them
http://www.woofersetc.com/p-6201-ctx65cs-image-dynamics-65-component-speaker-system.aspx

Oh and remember, dynamat (or any brand deadener) makes a huge difference in SQ, while you have your door panels off anyway you should get some in their, it always carries a noticeable difference.