PDA

View Full Version : Automotive Touch Up Paint in Spray Can Form

Corvette Jabo
04-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Need to do a little body work on my son Andman’s 1993 Nissan truck and I need to get matching paint in spray cans ( the truck is not worth respraying). Years back there was a company Raabe Paint that would mix cans of paint while you wait. Is there any place in the Milwaukee – Waukesha are that sell matching automotive paint?
Jabo

03CVLX
04-14-2011, 07:55 AM
There was a place in West Allis, It was called Allis paint supply. It was on approx 68th and Beloit. I know they mixed paint, just not positive if they could make spray cans. I also think it has changed names since the last time I needed something from them. I Don't remember what it is called off hand.

88Nightmare
04-14-2011, 10:57 AM
I think Napa in Menomonee Falls will do it

BR3W CITY
04-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Milwaukee Paint on like North and 50 something. They do color match spray bombs while you wait.

73MACH
04-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Milwaukee Paint on like North and 50 something. They do color match spray bombs while you wait.

Just went to the website cuz my father-in-law has been asking about this also, you have to buy a min. of 24 cans @ $9.95 a piece so that won't work....at least not for him.

fly5150
04-14-2011, 10:37 PM
I know auto paint and supply in Waukesha off 164 will do a spray can, but you have to buy a whole pint, or quart, cant remember. Was pretty cheap I thought.

lordairgtar
04-14-2011, 11:52 PM
There used to be a place near HOBO on 108th street. I used to get aerosols made for model car painting. They won't do pearls though.

Corvette Jabo
04-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Thanks guys for the help.

Jabo

DRK
04-15-2011, 02:35 PM
I haven't used any of the base but I have done a few small parts with the clear and have used the epoxy many times and it has worked well for me.

http://www.spraymax.com/index.php?id=497&L=1

73MACH
04-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Try this place! I might be ordering some for the father-in-laws car from here. Sounds decent with a decent price.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/

95 TA - The Beast
06-28-2014, 09:08 AM
Hey guys, old thread here, but I have been looking and FinishMaster on Hwy and Auto Paint & Supply out in Waukesha both are absolutely outrageous in cost to do this now ($70-120).

It also sounds like they custom mix them, and I thought there was a system that used a computer to read the color, then auto-mix the paint and they could tweak from there???

I just need some metal braces color matched to look nice (only a couple of scuffs) and it seems outrageous to spend that much, yet I cannot find a readily available color in spray form anywhere.

Anyone know of any place that will do up a custom mix? I do have an airbrush I could use to apply, but I would prefer a spray can to be filled, but either way it doesn't matter.

I can bring one of the parts in for them to match, so that isn't an issue.

loud91rs
06-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Try napa in menomonee falls. Dennis is the guy you want to talk to.

Moparjim
06-28-2014, 01:11 PM
I always just ordered it from a place online, either on Ebay or just googled a place whenever i needed it. Spray can was like $10-$15 each. Do not recall last place I used but I believe it was just a place I found via google anyway. Have done it for several vehicles and it was always a decent match.

Nix
06-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Maybe?

http://www.drcolorchip.com/

Nick

Sent from my PrimeCo Phone

95 TA - The Beast
06-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I stopped into Napa on College near Packard, they used the scanner and was able to get close, but considering it is a beige-cream-like champagne non-metallic color the one color they got was slightly too dark...

So, if I can't find someone to fully match properly I will have to try that "mix" and then blend a little white to see if I can lighten it up slightly.

I will give a few more phone calls, but ultimately if I can't get a good enough match I may be stuck repainting all the braces in something that is close... I *REALLY* don't want to do that.

Gregor
07-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Try Buy Right in Racine. I know they make custom spray cans for touch up. When you go there take the truck and remove the fuel door so they can match it.

Go on Thursday when Kevin is in for the matching and tell them Greg sent you.

Wagonbacker9
07-03-2014, 07:50 AM
I've used duplicolor's off the shelf option on 2 Chevys now and I can't complain at the results... though I'm really not being picky with either, so if you're looking for a low buck option definitely worth checking.