PDA

View Full Version : Need steak ideas, green beans too.

badass88gt
04-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Looking for some new steak ideas, we always eat ribeyes with the usual, Lawry's, Montreal Steak seasoning, on the grille. Does anyone have a favorite marinade, either homemade or store bought? We're not into real spicy cajun-type food, keep that in mind.

Also looking for some ideas for green beans, I always cook them in olive oil with a little garlic powder. Anything exciting for beans?

Thanks-Dan

JOHN 86GT
04-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Rupena's Beef and Pork Seasoning on a Rupena's tenderloin .

When gas prices are low, Rupena's Beef and Pork Seasoning over grass fed bison or grass fed cattle tenderloin.

nismodave
04-13-2011, 09:00 PM
If you have a Festival Foods by you, get thier marinated Sirloin....Puresound told us about this meat......Its Amazing.

badass88gt
04-13-2011, 09:20 PM
No dice on the Festival Foods.

nismodave
04-13-2011, 09:30 PM
No dice on the Festival Foods.

Shit...Well if you are in Appleton or Eau Claire, make a stop....Well worth it!

Yooformula
04-13-2011, 10:13 PM
dood! skip the garlic powder. fresh minced or chopped garlic ONLY! green beans with sauteed butter, pinch of salt, fresh cracked pepper, oregano and some basil and good amount of fresh, chopped garlic browned just a tad is the best way to cook them green beans!

for my steak, I use Worcestershire, Chicago Chop House cracked pepper seasoning, fresh chopped garlic and salt.

HITMAN
04-14-2011, 01:24 AM
The BEST steaks involve the best cuts you can afford and some kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, cooked medium rare with a crust from searing on a HOT grill. Period. Anything else and it isn't a STEAK, imo. You want great green beans try a little chopped bacon/bacon grease, and a little bit of onion, maybe some slivered almonds. Or some cheese sauce, like you would do on Asparagus. GB with cheese sauce is a real treat for me. :)

Nickerz
04-14-2011, 02:42 AM
The best thing you can do with beans is put them back in the can and make asparagus.

88Nightmare
04-14-2011, 11:24 AM
I'm a fan of marinating my steak in a red wine and lime juice mixture with fresh minced garlic. Let it sit 4 hours or so. The acid in the lime juice and red wine naturally tenderize the meat, plus I love the flavor that marinade provides

Exitspeed
04-14-2011, 11:47 AM
The BEST steaks involve the best cuts you can afford and some kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, cooked medium rare with a crust from searing on a HOT grill. Period. Anything else and it isn't a STEAK, imo. )

YES! Exactly what I was going to say. I prefer to make them in the cast iron skillet I have. Nice thick Ribeye. Heat oven to 500 degrees. Turn pan on high. Only Salt and Pepper and olive oil on the steak. Once pan is super hot, drop steak in. Don't touch it. It'll smoke a ton, searing in the juices. Sear on first side for 2-3 min. Then turn over and through whole pan in the oven. Time depends on how you like it, but Medium Rare is the only way to do it as far as I'm concerned. Like 5 min in the oven. Pull it out, put it on a room temp plate and rest for 5 min. Slice steak and serve.

For green beans, I make an Asian Sesame glaze. Cook green beans. In a small saucepan, add soy sauce, teriyaki, brown sugar, beef stock, chopped garlic, cracked pepper. Reduce until thick glaze. Toss in green beans to coat. Serve with toasted sesame seeds on top.

WickedSix
04-14-2011, 12:00 PM
soy vey very very terryaki.... use a cheaper steak than a ribeye though...a ribeye doesn't deserve to be subjected to a marinade.

Exitspeed
04-14-2011, 12:33 PM
soy vey very very terryaki.... use a cheaper steak than a ribeye though...a ribeye doesn't deserve to be subjected to a marinade.

Indeed.

jamestown478
04-14-2011, 02:24 PM
god you guys are making me want a steak bad lol.

lordairgtar
04-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Find a decent chuck steak if you like marinade.

lordairgtar
04-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Here is my kind of steak. It's a cut of meat below the bottom sirloin. It's called tri tip. I had this when I lived in Santa Maria and San Luis Obispo, California. It's a big deal in the central coast. It's sometimes called Nipomo BBQ or Santa Maria BBQ
Ingredients:

* 2 -3 lbs beef tri-tip roast
* 1 tablespoon black pepper, fresh-ground
* 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
* 1 teaspoon granulated onion
* 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon rosemary
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
* 1/2 cup garlic-infused vegetable oil

Directions:

Prep Time: 4 hrs

Total Time: 4 3/4 hrs

1 Mix together the black pepper, garlic, onion, paprika, cayenne, rosemary, and salt and rub on the meat. Let stand at 1-4 hours.
2 Prepare the barbecue grill, using water-soaked oak chips (preferred, if you can find them) or mesquite chips on the charcoal to produce smoke.
3 Drizzle the oil slowly into vinegar, whisking rapidly. Brush on the meat as soon as you put it on the grill.
4 Grill the meat over direct heat, medium-high. Turn at least 3 times, basting every time. Grill 30-35 minutes, to 140 degrees F.
5 Slice about 1/8" to 1/4" thick across the grain and serve with corn tortillas and salsa.

Here's a site which explains it and has other recipes that are similar to the one I posted above Bon Apetit!
http://whitetrashbbq.blogspot.com/2007/07/santa-maria-tri-tip-steak.html

lordairgtar
04-14-2011, 04:03 PM
The oak chips mentioned are red oak. They glow red for a long time. The usual oak here just turns to ash. if you can't find it, use mesquite.