PDA

View Full Version : In need of wiring guru......

73MACH
04-10-2011, 10:00 AM
So my dad and I are fed up with the stock gauges not working and lack of lighting so I decided to try to make everything work. Well, when I pulled the dash apart, I found that there is no PCB and all the electrical wiring has SPEAKER wire in its place!!! WTF??? Anyways, that's not the part I'm stuck on......the tach....stock it was wired inline with the ign. so if it isn't done right, the car wont run.

I've poured over countless info but I am still confused about it and the ahmmeter. There are soooo many cut wires and other hacked crap, I'm not sure what to do. New wiring is wayyy out of the budget @ $600.

If anyone has any input, post it up, or can maybe swing over and take a look, give me a call as I will be in the garage and not by the computer.

BTW, I'm in greenfield. 920-362-4057 Jason

THanks for your time.

cool_kat
04-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Steve at midnight hot rods is always fixing other peoples wiring mistake. He helped me wire up a standalone on my 240. You can give him call at 262 349-9409.

1320PNY
04-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Did a web search and apparently the Mach 1 Club had some guy with 71-73 parts for sale. Looks like you're a bit late, but the dash gauges and harness went for $250. I'm no "dash" guru, but we wire electrical panels for machine controls at work. If you strike out send me a message and I'll come over and try an help you sort things out.

73MACH
04-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Well, it turns out that there is ALOT of missing wiring and plugs unfortunately. Thanks for the offer 1320, unfortunately the old man said he doesn't want the stock tach bad enough to spend a couple hundred right now. I'm on the Mach 1 forum and I checked on there and everywhere else for some harnesses and there are some out there to be had yet. Turns out that he actually loves the tach I installed for him a while back so that saves me a few headaches! Now onto the stock oil and temp gauges. That should be a whole lot easier.