PDA

View Full Version : Finally gave up on blockbuster...

Yooformula
04-08-2011, 09:47 PM
All 3 of the closest locations closed down for no damm good reason other than to have whatever customers they had left drive over 10 miles into shit areas. Finally got on the netflix wagon and wishing I had gone sooner! Its cool as hell streaming movies through the Wii, 360 and my WDTV and not have to wait for them! now to find a decent place to rent games from!

Crawlin
04-08-2011, 09:54 PM
absolutely! that and redbox taking up all their business.

jamestown478
04-08-2011, 09:59 PM
I love my netflix. The only thing I hate is that it takes too long to get newer movies to be able to instantly stream. I do remember seeing commercials all over tv lately about some new company kinda like netflix that does over the mail game rentals but i forgot the name of it.

Prince Valiant
04-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Meg and I gave up our regular subscription...we had the 2 movie out deal. Close the one in MF and that was it...no reason now, especially with gas prices as they are.

I heard the MF closed down in part because they had a difficult landlord....so they were sure most customers would continue at the sussex location, which is NOT close.

Out of some 2000+ stores, the MF was #42 in sales...so there had to be more to the story.

nismodave
04-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Blockbuster is sooooo 90s.

03Seville
04-08-2011, 10:32 PM
I love my netflix. The only thing I hate is that it takes too long to get newer movies to be able to instantly stream. I do remember seeing commercials all over tv lately about some new company kinda like netflix that does over the mail game rentals but i forgot the name of it.

Thats gamefly iirc

absolutely! that and redbox taking up all their business.

:thumbsup between the two of those I wouldn't even want to go back to blockbuster again

lordairgtar
04-08-2011, 11:17 PM
The one thing I miss about Blockbuster is the ability to buy up their used movies.

jamestown478
04-09-2011, 12:19 AM
The one thing I miss about Blockbuster is the ability to buy up their used movies.

when they first announced the one on 76 and oklahoma was going out of business I bought a shit ton of the used movies they were selling for cheap.

theavenger333
04-09-2011, 02:03 AM
we have a redbox at work..... you would think the thing spits out crack, people line up at it for like a goddamn half hour! i've got netflix through the 360, and i definatly get my money's worth. i just wish they would open up the whole damn library they also offer in the mail

Reverend Cooper
04-09-2011, 05:16 AM
netflix is good,the most popular movies are only on dvd which is gay,blockbuster i heard was going bankrupt

michelle
04-09-2011, 07:14 AM
Our local Redbox has the opportunity to purchase "used" movies. Not sure on the selection or price though, but it was listed as an option when I was looking for a movie the other week.

CATNHAT
04-09-2011, 08:58 AM
netflix is good,the most popular movies are only on dvd which is gay,blockbuster i heard was going bankrupt

should have sold that stock short a couple years ago.

flyin_blue_egg
04-09-2011, 10:58 AM
That would be gamefly.

FoxStang
04-10-2011, 07:23 PM

Bought by Dish Network last week. They owed several movie studios a fairly large chunk of change, the case for that will be some time in the next few weeks I believe.

pnad
04-11-2011, 09:59 AM
I dropped my 2 DVD plan from BlockBuster this week also. The in-store exchanges for new releases was the only thing keeping me there. They closed THREE stores close to me. Im not driving 30 minutes across town for a damn DVD.

We have been streaming Netflix for a few months now, you burn through the 'decent' movies there pretty quick and they are slow to release newer stuff there. Netflix is fantastic for tv series stuff though. Watched every episode of Trailer Park Boys last month. Catching up on Top Gear now.

Moparjim
04-11-2011, 10:04 AM
I dropped my 2 DVD plan from BlockBuster this week also. The in-store exchanges for new releases was the only thing keeping me there. They closed THREE stores close to me. Im not driving 30 minutes across town for a damn DVD.

We have been streaming Netflix for a few months now, you burn through the 'decent' movies there pretty quick and they are slow to release newer stuff there. Netflix is fantastic for tv series stuff though. Watched every episode of Trailer Park Boys last month. Catching up on Top Gear now.

Same story here - its too bad I loved Blockbuster, but saw that the store near me was closing. Netflix has crap selection on their streaming, and new movies are slow to come. I'm really not as happy with it, it is cheaper though and I'm hoping after not having Blockbuster for awhile and not having see much of the new stuff I will get behind the release curve so to speak and then the slow arrival of new movies and crap streaming selection will start to look better to me since it will all start to be "new" to me lol.